Author Topic: Question best for the Coach  (Read 2443 times)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Question best for the Coach
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2008, 09:46:06 PM »
a poorly trained golfer needs complete silence.

if your semi decent it doesnt matter.

the reasona guy on pga tour will take his time and make it quiet is because he is playing for money, and also because most of these pro golfers are arrogant douchebags with sticks up their ass.

real competitive golf is filled with dickheads with their noses held high.
Roach is trying to fit in, it's hard being a mexican in the golf world.
I am a big baby

The Coach

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:01 PM »
Hey Candizzle, in case you havent noticed, at tour event they have people holding up "quiet" signs. Why do you think players get pissed off when they're distracted?

Also you say they are arrogant as a blanket statement. Not so, I've meet a few of the tour players from both the regular tour and Champions tour and they were really cool even took some time after they're practice round to give my boy some pointers.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »
coach youve never played on a serious tour.  do thAt and youll see.  very arrogant shnobby poeople, all with their noses held high.  thats why they think its needs to be quiet. they take themselves to seriously.

a good golfer has practiced with distractions on purpouse, to make sure noises and other things dont effect them on the course.

when i was young and serious about golf my coach used to throw golf balls at me, yell druing my swing, have me hit from all kinds of fucked up lies...  it helps alot and any good golfer has procaticed that way.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:09 PM »
dizzle seriously lol, most ppl benefit from silence when they play golf, have you played golf and been with a bunch of roudy ppl?  How was your score?

TEAM Nasser

The Coach

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
Of course I've never played on tour candizzle and neither have you. But I have been to a few and seen how the player act. I'm not saying all arn't arrogant of course you will have people like that.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
um

do you know the name of the tour tiger woods got his start playng golf in ? the one he played in as a little kid?

;)

Moosejay

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2008, 03:27:55 AM »
I know my spelling sucks i dont need to be reminded. Tour?

don't worry about his spelling. Many of you do that to avoid his message , which is present before us and prudent.

He could use spell check like anyone, so what matter does it make?

Moosejay

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 03:30:34 AM »
coach youve never played on a serious tour.  do thAt and youll see.  very arrogant shnobby poeople, all with their noses held high.  thats why they think its needs to be quiet. they take themselves to seriously.

a good golfer has practiced with distractions on purpouse, to make sure noises and other things dont effect them on the course.

when i was young and serious about golf my coach used to throw golf balls at me, yell druing my swing, have me hit from all kinds of fucked up lies...  it helps alot and any good golfer has procaticed that way.

When I was about 26, my friend and I went to the Greater Hartford Open.

I knew nothing about golf porotocol.

Ity was hot as hell.

I took my shirt off and started walking around.

Man. the 'volunteers ' in the red shirts went bezerk on me. "Put your shirt on, blah, blah.

I did. Rules are rules.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 03:33:28 AM »
When im on tour i need complete silence. Great golfers such as myself need the silence.
No doubt about it...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 04:06:33 AM »
Just fine, I'm at home in Palm Springs golfing and enjoying my little vacation.
there are some real shitty mexican neighborhoods in palm springs with lots of Roaches.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 05:55:12 AM »
I played professional tennis and high amateur level squash and raquetball. I also played B national division basketball here in Romania, as far as "loud" team sport are concerned.

My opinion is that tennis and golf can be played in loud noise as well.

The only problem is that you grow up playing all your matches throughout your whole life in utter silence just the game own noise. So it's difficult to change and of course you cannot concentrate. Because all your life it was a quasi noiseless environment.

But if kids would play in a noisy environment right off the bat, it'd be no problem.

I learned also for who is interested, which one is harder :  tennis or golf. The person that explained it best was Elsworth Vines, former all time great in tennis and well as top pro in golf later in his career...so basically he played both sports at the absolute highest levels, WITH success.

He stated that it's impossible to determine which is harder because although they are pretty similar games, in golf, the DIMENSIONS of the court change constantly whereas in tennis they remain constant. On the tennis difficult side he mentioned that although in golf you have all the time in the world to set up your shot, in tennis you have to constantly shift your position to get to the ball while at top speed , while your opponent is trying to FRUSTRATE you and FORCE you into making mistakes.

As a personal note I'd like to add that in tennis, there are vastly different conditions from tournament to tournament, like court surface speed, ball speed ( heavier or lighter balls ), and the CONSTANT adjustement of the equipment (shoes, strings, string tension, swing weight, etc )  to suit a particular tournament or situation.

Golf Is Different ( TIME Magazine article )

" The man who had once been the best tennis player in the world was not usually so inept at his new profession as he was last week. In the past year, he had driven his Mercury some 35,000 miles and slept in many a hotel bed too short for his 6 ft. 2 in. No tank-town tourney was too small for him; he played in 44 big & little ones, a grind that would wear out most pro golfers. By sheer persistence, he had earned $12,000 in prize money (compared to $50,000 his first season as a tennis pro). His score varied between seven under par and seven over par. Says Vines: "Tennis got too tough for me. I was beginning to age, and Don Budge helped me decide to get out of it. I can continue as a golfer for years—in tennis I was an old man."

Now 35, Vines has not touched a tennis racket for five years ("and I ain't about to"). He believes that each game has its particular swing, and one interferes with the other. Says Vines: "Golf takes less stamina, and less training. You get very tired playing tennis—but it is so fast that you have little time to think about each shot. I can forget a tennis match the minute it's over . . . but I remember a missed putt or a bad drive for hours."

Forty Pounds On. In 1937, two years before he quit tennis, California-born Ellsworth Vines took his first golf lesson. He had two handicaps from tennis: a pair of glasses, the result of eye-strain in night matches; and an overdeveloped right wrist that once stroked the most devastating forehand in tennis. By 1942, he had chopped his game from the 90s to the 70s and become golf pro at the Southern California Golf & Country Club. When he became a fulltime playing pro last year, his tee shots were usually long & straight, his irons still wobbly. But on the greens, he had a master's putting touch. "The only bad habit I've picked up in golf," says he, "is getting fat." He now weighs 195, about 40 pounds more than his tennis weight.

Several of golf's elder statesmen, including ex-Champion Gene Sarazen, have predicted that Ellsworth Vines will one day become U.S. golf champion.* In his shaky beginning last week, Vines looked as if he had some distance still to go. He finished 15 strokes behind the winner. Said he: "Somehow, there don't seem to be more than two or three good tennis players at one time . . . but golf is different. You must whip an awful lot of fellows to get on top." Some of the "awful lot" were among the 130 who teed off at Los Angeles' Riviera course. There was a top layer, of such men as icy cool Ben Hogan (TIME, Nov. 18), which would take some cracking. Last week Hogan shot four under par, won first place and $2,000. "

" Growing bored with tennis while only in his late twenties, Vines became a professional golfer and, over the years, had a number of high finishes in tournaments, including one professional victory and a semi-final position in the prestigious 1951 PGA Championship when it was a match-play tournament. "He was twice in the top ten of golf money winnings," writes Kramer, "and he was surely the best athlete ever in the two sports." He goes on to compare Vines to another great tennis player, Lew Hoad. "Both were very strong guys. Both succeeded at a very young age.... Also, both were very lazy guys. Vines lost interest in tennis (for golf) before he was thirty, and Hoad never appeared to be very interested. Despite their great natural ability, neither put up the outstanding records that they were capable of. Unfortunately, the latter was largely true because both had physical problems."

Vines was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, Rhode Island, in 1962.
Mr Vines former Wimbledon champion

Henry Ellsworth Vines, Jr. (September 28, 1911 – March 17, 1994) was an American tennis champion of the 1930s, the World No. 1 player or the co-No. 1 for four years in 1932, 1935, 1936 and 1937.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 06:11:25 AM »

Scott Draper

Scott Draper - Biography

Professional golfer/tennis player

Scott Draper has achieved success in two competitive sports making him one of the rarest categories of athletes, but flexing his vocal cords is an entirely different challenge.

Luckily the professional sportsman does not shy from stepping outside his comfort zone.

�If I had the choice of being a professional golfer or being able to sing in front of an audience, I�d pick the latter. Music has the ability to touch you, to give you goosebumps. I love a challenge and am excited about trying something that I am passionate about.� says Scott.

Beginning his tennis career in 1993, Scott won over 120 professional matches during an impressive 12-year career. A Wimbledon junior champion, he achieved a singles career high ranking of 42 on the ATP tour, was a three-time member of the Australian Davis Cup Team and won a career ATP singles title in the 1998 Queen�s Club Championship. Scott also won the Australian Open Mixed Doubles with Samantha Stosur in his final year in 2005.

Draper made a brief return to the tennis circuit when he coached Lleyton Hewitt at the 2007 Australian Open but turned down the chance to work with the former No 1 and the security of coaching, deciding his future lay not on the tennis court but in playing on the professional golf circuit.

An all round sportsman, Scott took to golf to escape his grief after his first wife, Kellie, died of cystic fibrosis nine years ago. He took the skills and mental abilities of one sport and put them to good use in another. During his two years on the Australasian Tour he placed 4th in 2006 NSW PGA Championship, qualified for the 2006 Nationwide Xerox Classic placing 66 in his first ever US event and successfully gained a 2007 Australasian PGA Tour card.

In February 2007 he proved he could cut it in another sport when he won the New South Wales PGA Championships, giving him his first professional title.

Last year, Draper turned his talents to a completely different medium � writing. He has just released his first book, Too Good: The Scott Draper Story; a story of determination, grief and ultimately inspiration.

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »
I know Tiger seems to get the most pissed with noise. My father has said he actually has thrown/broken clubs.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2008, 07:33:47 AM »
I know Tiger seems to get the most pissed with noise. My father has said he actually has thrown/broken clubs.
playing golf with tiger would not be as enjoyable as most think it would be. most good golfers are not much for companionship on the golf course.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2008, 07:36:42 AM »
yeah... your companion is your caddy... not the other golfer

Moosejay

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 07:54:34 AM »
playing golf with tiger would not be as enjoyable as most think it would be. most good golfers are not much for companionship on the golf course.

I would think he'd condescend

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 08:41:33 AM »
When I was about 26, my friend and I went to the Greater Hartford Open.

I knew nothing about golf porotocol.

Ity was hot as hell.

I took my shirt off and started walking around.

Man. the 'volunteers ' in the red shirts went bezerk on me. "Put your shirt on, blah, blah.

I did. Rules are rules.
Was probably the start of your Melanoma. ;D
I am a big baby

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 08:52:52 AM »
....why is it (not joking, Joe) that golphers (and even tennis) needs COMPLETE silence?

You know, the hardest thing to do is hit a round ball with a round bat (baseball), and those guys got incredibly high noise and hooting and hollering to put up with.

If the baseballers can do it, why not the other aformentioned?

Mike

imagine derek jeter turning to the crowd and saying "can you people shut the fuck up!! this guys throwing a ball at my head at 100 mph"

Moosejay

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »
Was probably the start of your Melanoma. ;D

Could have been

Moosejay

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
imagine derek jeter turning to the crowd and saying "can you people shut the fuck up!! this guys throwing a ball at my head at 100 mph"

No. He chills in hbis personal helicopter after games, flies over long island sound to his shoreline home in Madison, CT, about 20 miles from me.

Neighbors with Coach Jim Calhoun of CT.

He is too chgill to care.

The Coach

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
True bigdumbell, but not in a gated community on a golf course.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »
True bigdumbell, but not in a gated community on a golf course.
get lost clown
I am a big baby

The Coach

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »
F**k off loser. Less than a week and counting.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2008, 09:10:18 PM »
Someone in your head ;D
I am a big baby

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2008, 09:50:25 PM »

Is Elite Dork getting banned????