Author Topic: College football  (Read 27967 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: College football
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
The BCS is a farce.

Pure marketing and $$$ driven.

How can Hawaii be 12-0, and not be in the championship game?

I, for one, an sick of seeing the same 6-8 teams in the January games every damn year.

Why is it that Boise State can be 10-2 and not have a SINGLE game televised all year, and Notre Dame can be 3-10 and every damn one of their games is on NBC?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42:42 PM »
The BCS is a farce.

I, for one, an sick of seeing the same 6-8 teams in the January games every damn year.

Why is it that Boise State can be 10-2 and not have a SINGLE game televised all year, and Notre Dame can be 3-10 and every damn one of their games is on NBC?
because they play in A WEAK ASS CONFERENCE and that got proven loud and clear when Georgia wiped their asses with them in their bowl game.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2008, 12:45:55 PM »
The BCS is a farce.

as for Notre Dame being on NBC it's a contract deal with NBC and just because a team goes through a few weak seasons doesn't mean they've always been that way, comparing Boise State or Hawaii to Notre Dame is ridiculous, they're are quite a few perennial powerhouses going through down times right now, Nebraska, Miami, Michigan, UCLA, etc. but they're histories speak for themselves.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »

Alabama vs Clemson

Tigers~
Most of the field returning from last year with the 2 most dangerous- CJ and Davis (T&L)!
Defense with less mistakes- I'm seeing good things. 

35-27  Clemson.
W

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2008, 04:09:03 PM »
Tigers~
Most of the field returning from last year with the 2 most dangerous- CJ and Davis (T&L)!
Defense with less mistakes- I'm seeing good things. 

35-27  Clemson.
i love Alabama but i have to say that i think it will be an even bigger win than that for Clemson, no reason they shouldn't win by at least two touchdowns, man i hope we get to see some of Julio Jones though.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »
very good day tomorrow for CFB, Alabama/Clemson on ABC and Missouri/Illinois on ESPN at the same time, definitley glued to the TV tomorrow night. :D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
as for Notre Dame being on NBC it's a contract deal with NBC and just because a team goes through a few weak seasons doesn't mean they've always been that way, comparing Boise State or Hawaii to Notre Dame is ridiculous, they're are quite a few perennial powerhouses going through down times right now, Nebraska, Miami, Michigan, UCLA, etc. but they're histories speak for themselves.

No, it's because the executive VP of NBC is a Notre Dame grad.

And so the networks feel the need to fellate the major team in certian confrences even if they suck, eh?

People on the west coast do not give a FUUUUCK about Penn St. Yet every Nittany Lion game is always on, even when there 2-7 and playing Akron or whatnot...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »
No, it's because the executive VP of NBC is a Notre Dame grad.

And so the networks feel the need to fellate the major team in certian confrences even if they suck, eh?

People on the west coast do not give a FUUUUCK about Penn St. Yet every Nittany Lion game is always on, even when there 2-7 and playing Akron or whatnot...
::)every team plays shitty out of conference Division 2A schools at the beginning of the year even your beloved USC and Hawaii and yes even people on the west coast care about programs like Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame because of the tradition.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
i love Alabama but i have to say that i think it will be an even bigger win than that for Clemson, no reason they shouldn't win by at least two touchdowns, man i hope we get to see some of Julio Jones though.

Ten four that!  I'll be glued to my chair tomorrow. 
Jones is a big boy for WR.  It should be fun to watch if the corners can cover him.  Worth all the hype remains to be seen.

W

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2008, 01:37:59 PM »
::)every team plays shitty out of conference Division 2A schools at the beginning of the year even your beloved USC and Hawaii and yes even people on the west coast care about programs like Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame because of the tradition.

Ummm, no.

People out here might want to see them play if it's going to be a good game. No one wants to see them for 'tradition'. I'd rather watch a 10-0 Wake Forest team play over a 3-10 Notre Dame team....

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2008, 01:43:30 PM »
Ummm, no.

People out here might want to see them play if it's going to be a good game. No one wants to see them for 'tradition'. I'd rather watch a 10-0 Wake Forest team play over a 3-10 Notre Dame team....
i agree to a certain extent, i really have no interest in seeing a 3-10 team no matter who they are play anyone, Wake Forest is a decent team BTW, they play in a weak ACC but they're ranked in the top 25, they beat Baylor yesterday.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
Damn, there are some major pwnings today in college football.  FL, GA, OSU, and LSU are all killing the competition.  Should be a good season.
Squishy face retard

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »
Damn, there are some major pwnings today in college football.  FL, GA, OSU, and LSU are all killing the competition.  Should be a good season.
yeah it made me laugh when i heard some "experts" saying that App. State was going to beat LSU and that Hawaii was going to beat Florida. ::)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »
yeah it made me laugh when i heard some "experts" saying that App. State was going to beat LSU and that Hawaii was going to beat Florida. ::)
You mean the same 12-1 Hawaii that should have gone to the BCS championship?  Lol. 

Some good looking teams so far.
Squishy face retard

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »
just when i think pitt is finally turning the corner they lose to another mac team  >:(

wanny must go

E
E

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2008, 12:48:31 AM »
WVU taking care of business as usual.
J

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »
You mean the same 12-1 Hawaii that should have gone to the BCS championship?  Lol. 

Some good looking teams so far.
yep, blowouts across the board this week as i expected, i actually had Utah beating Michigan so that one worked out for me, watch out for Utah, they could be a spoiler team this year, the rest of their schedule lines up fairly well for them, definitely didn't have Bowling Green beating Pitt or East Carolina beating Va. Tech., USC and Florida looked awesome yesterday and the Mizzou/Illinois game was even more entertaining than i thought it would be, hopefully Maclin isn't hurt too badly.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
WVU taking care of business as usual.

13 - 9

;D

E
E

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2008, 09:23:55 AM »
13 - 9

;D

E
the Mountaineers won't be as dominant this year as they were last year without Slaton and Rodriguez coaching them.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2008, 09:34:44 AM »
ROLLLLLL TIIIDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alabama is back baby! I'm a Tennessee fan, but Bama is my other team. Now Tennesse just has to take out UCLA tommorrow and I'll be a happy man. ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2008, 09:58:06 AM »
ROLLLLLL TIIIDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alabama is back baby! I'm a Tennessee fan, but Bama is my other team. Now Tennesse just has to take out UCLA tommorrow and I'll be a happy man. ;D
yeah i love Alabama too but i'm not a big Saban fan, they dominated Clemson though, looks like Clemson is gonna be another loaded team that underachieves this year again.

Internet Tough Guy

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »
BYU is going to kick everybody's ass this year, bitches.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2008, 04:44:25 PM »
they're a good team, they could be a spoiler team and a pain in a lot of teams asses, they should definitely get a bowl.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2008, 08:56:04 PM »

BYU sucks.  The embarassment of the MWC.

gymrat01

• Getbig II
  • Lift or Die!!!!
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2008, 12:10:11 AM »
the Mountaineers won't be as dominant this year as they were last year without Slaton and Rodriguez coaching them.

Stewartr has been there for like 20 years so i would say that he knows what he is doing. If our defense gets their shit together we should be able to go undefeated. But you never know east carolina played good against tech and they will have some momentum coming into this weekend. Devine will be better than slaton. And i hope that rich rod never wins a game, That made my day seeing utah win that game.
J