Author Topic: Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...  (Read 12288 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Ok... Seriously... The board is MMA, so...
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 04:32:54 AM »
Maybe have mod that actually knows something about fighting instead of being a soccer hooligan.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 05:29:09 AM »
Wasn't me either. I can ask Ron about it when he gets back from Tampa.

It wasn't me so who the FUCK WOULD IT BE?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 05:34:50 AM »

It wasn't me so who the FUCK WOULD IT BE?

Ron or MS. I'll go check if it's important to you.
Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 05:46:10 AM »
How about keeping the MMA board but have sub folders? Like a board for videos, different organizations things like that. 

I would also be happy to help mod the MMA board.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 05:46:34 AM »
Ron or MS. I'll go check if it's important to you.

Yeah Ron and mindspin ::) - two people who are usually absent from the board suddenly pop in and move a thread for some mysterious reason ???

Nice reasoning nancy drew ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 05:57:23 AM »
How about keeping the MMA board but have sub folders? Like a board for videos, different organizations things like that. 

That's an idea. Personally I don't think there's enough activity on here to warrant it. All this drama about Boxing is very misleading. The truth is that the cut and paste threads on Boxing from for example ChuteBoxe on average has less than a dozen replies.

So this whole debate is really a tempest in a teapot.
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 06:00:31 AM »

Maybe You and Sin should be mods.

Anyone other than that misguided fool bluto
He's a worthless troll with nothing else to live for
The board will be a better place without him

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 06:08:02 AM »
Ron, how many people need to complain before you shit can this guy for good? Jesus, it's pathetic that you let him continually mod here when people have wanted him gone since day one. He does NOTHING for this board and only exists to make it his little playground and drive the best posters off. The board was perfect when ChuteBoxe had moderator. The guy knows MMA and actually trains it. Bluto plays pretend in his basement. I understand that he pm's you upwards of 50 times a day when he gets de-modded but this is bullshit. The guy has driven off a number of posters that actually know MMA.

The solution is pretty simple. EVERYONE wants ChuteBoxe in there. No one wants Bluto. Don't let another sub-forum decline into the mediocrity of some of the other ones.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 06:25:24 AM »
Ron, how many people need to complain before you shit can this guy for good? Jesus, it's pathetic that you let him continually mod here when people have wanted him gone since day one. He does NOTHING for this board and only exists to make it his little playground and drive the best posters off. The board was perfect when ChuteBoxe had moderator. The guy knows MMA and actually trains it. Bluto plays pretend in his basement. I understand that he pm's you upwards of 50 times a day when he gets de-modded but this is bullshit. The guy has driven off a number of posters that actually know MMA.

The solution is pretty simple. EVERYONE wants ChuteBoxe in there. No one wants Bluto. Don't let another sub-forum decline into the mediocrity of some of the other ones.

yeah he probably wrestles his equally halfwitted brother Fluto

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 06:31:25 AM »
I vote Fight Club.

great name

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 08:18:46 AM »
yeah he probably wrestles his equally halfwitted brother Fluto
;D

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
That's an idea. Personally I don't think there's enough activity on here to warrant it. All this drama about Boxing is very misleading. The truth is that the cut and paste threads on Boxing from for example ChuteBoxe on average has less than a dozen replies.

So this whole debate is really a tempest in a teapot.

If you build it, they will come. ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 10:26:47 AM »
If you build it, they will come. ;)

Maybe. I'll talk to the mods on the G&O and Sports board so they'll move all boxing related threads to here.  :)
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:07 AM »

Even more reason for you to have left the boxing threads, and the people who post in them alone, and don't act like all of your posts aren't cut and paste threads either. 
Predictions
 40/61

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 10:35:59 AM »
Even more reason for you to have left the boxing threads, and the people who post in them alone, and don't act like all of your posts aren't cut and paste threads either

Exactly-  has to be the dumbest mod in the history of the internet. Someone get this fool Bluto an application to the Guinness book of Records
 :D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »
Even more reason for you to have left the boxing threads, and the people who post in them alone, and don't act like all of your posts aren't cut and paste threads either. 

I couldn't. As a moderator it's part of my duties to move threads to the appropriate board. The established norm was that Boxing threads goes on the Sports board. I was just doing my job. Nothing personal.

Now when Ron, who is the one that calls the shots, not you, not me, decided that Boxing will be a part of the "MMA" board things have changed. Not only will I not move the threads I will also talk to the mods of the G&O and Sports and have them move Boxing threads here.  :)
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
I couldn't. As a moderator it's part of my duties to move threads to the appropriate board. The established norm was that Boxing threads goes on the Sports board. I was just doing my job. Nothing personal.

Now when Ron, who is the one that calls the shots, not you, not me, decided that Boxing will be a part of the "MMA" board things have changed. Not only will I not move the threads I will also talk to the mods of the G&O and Sports and have them move Boxing threads here.  :)

Is it also part of your duties to be a douchebag?

Nahh...I think that's just your natural instinct

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »
Been off the boards for a couple of weeks.  Just now catching up on some threads and came across this one.  Have not read it all the way through, but I will say that while I may not always agree with Bluto, he is a great mod for this board and he is not going anywhere.
w

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »

There needs to be ground rules on what can and cannot stay on this board, and thus, we will make them, and fine a way to agree with all.

Looking at what Bluto has done, he tried to keep the spirit of the board, same with Sin and others.

All mods are disabled until I come back Sunday night, so we can discuss, without anyone moving threads or editing them.

I need common ground here. the positives of mods and not always the negatives.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
There needs to be ground rules on what can and cannot stay on this board, and thus, we will make them, and fine a way to agree with all.

Looking at what Bluto has done, he tried to keep the spirit of the board, same with Sin and others.

All mods are disabled until I come back Sunday night, so we can discuss, without anyone moving threads or editing them.

There are no positives with Bluto, Ron. The guy does NOTHING for this board. He claims he makes good threads. In reality, he just copy pastes 99% of the posts on Sherdog, MMA underground and the other various sites on the web. If we were looking for that info., we would just go there.

Milfer or whoever it was set up the betting game. It was running smoothly and fine. Bluto, who knows jack shit about MMA, couldn't even get half his predictions right. So, he started changing the rules on his own, changing people's picks, removing posts, making decrees. He pretty much just about ran the game into the ground until he finally backed off after enough people bitched.

Next we have him just shitting all over all the good threads here. The Fedor p4p thread was going great until Bluto de-railed it by saying that Fedor wasn't the best HW. So, instead of refuting his statements, he just continued to shit all over it? What ended up happening? The thread went straight into the garbage.

He also moves threads that he doesn't agree with, yet they fit into this board perfectly. Boxing threads belong here more than "What fighter has the best physique?" and the other Bluto threads he links here.

To continue on, he also deletes moderators posts. SinCity was moderator before Bluto, is well received here, and yet Bluto is constantly moving and deleting his posts as if he is King here.

You're letting a 12 year old kid with absolutely zero knowledge of MMA run this board into the ground.

I don't understand why you won't put it to a vote. 99% of the people posting in this thread want the child gone. ChuteBoxe was running this board terrifically, he knows MMA, actually trains it, and isn't a complete douche bag. Just put it to a vote.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »

I tend to agree a bit with Dreadlord. I am a newcomer here, but I would like to feel at home with all of you lads. I noticed that he was asked a question a couple times in regards to his insight about a certain subject(s). He would sort of lash out and avoid the subject. I approached this, and was PM'ed several times. These PM's had nothing to do with the subject. Eventually they ceased. I definitely appreciate how MS, yourself, and the impressive SCSG keep things professional here. You all have excellent insight without going to short lengths to cut and paste information. I say put it to a vote, and let the community decide. That way there are no hard feelings either way.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
Bluto has a fragile ego- he can dish it out but can't take it. He then resorts to PM's to try to justify himself or bully his target. Who knows how many people he has used this tactic on.

In the case of Ironwarrior and me - after recieving his rants via PM we just laughed at him because we know what a moron he really is. How many other members has he tried to pull this stunt on in the past?

Ironwarrior is a newcomer to the board and has made a number of good contributions to help the board grow. Is this the welcome he gets? Getting multiple PM's from a braindead idiot who doesn't have a clue about MMA beyond his TUF observations. At this rate all the good posters will go elsewhere. After all who wants to put up with bluto's bullshit.

Bluto is a petulant child who thinks he can bully his way around the board and get away with it unchallenged. I'm certainly not going to tolerate that type of behavior and neither should anyone else. I think we need to have a proper vote and present Ron with the final results. If bluto has done a great job the vote will show it. If everyone thinks he sucks the vote will reflect that as well.  We need a mod that makes this board a place where MMA fans can hang out and shoot the shit. Not a place  for petty provocations and moving threads to suit one persons agendas.

Let the people decide who should MOD.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 04:35:05 AM »
Been off the boards for a couple of weeks.  Just now catching up on some threads and came across this one.  Have not read it all the way through, but I will say that while I may not always agree with Bluto, he is a great mod for this board and he is not going anywhere.

Thanks MS!
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2008, 06:21:20 AM »

There are.

First we have the standard rules, for example - a thread that goes off-topic and gets to be about mod complaints gets moved to the complaints board.
For me and MindSpin (who between us moderate 8 boards and have been here for 4-5 years) this is a no-brainer.

However, for an inexperienced mod like Sincitysmallguy, who thinks he stands above the rules "I have every right to make any thread I want on this board" (this is an actual quote!) it is not.

Not only did he screw up by being one of the most active in making the thread (that was supposed to be about whether we should allow boxing) go off-topic - he then screwed up even more by making a thread complaining about it being moved. (which I locked, again STANDARD PROCEDURE).

Second since you've decided that Boxing and other combat sports should be part of the MMA board there's no longer a need to discuss it. I have talked with both moderators on the Sports board and they're ok with it and there's no conflict of interest. They will move all Boxing threads to the MMA board in the future.

I will also talk to the moderators on the G&O (who until now has moved them to the Sports board) so they too will move them here.

You also asked for a new description for the new "MMA" board and I suggested the name Fight Club (since it's no longer just about MMA it shouldn't be called Mixed Martial Arts) and with the description "Discussion on Mixed Martial Arts & other combat sports".
Z

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2008, 06:55:21 AM »
bluto would be a better mod

if he didn't throw childish tantrums about getting his own way
and abuse the privelege

he feels it is necessary to over moderate all the time which annoys others

i don't have a problem with him staying mod if he grows up a bit
T