Author Topic: The Olympics: the Women's weight lifting competition is getting interesting  (Read 6650 times)

m8

• Getbig V
Synthol.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
they are lucky Rip isn't there
TEAM Nasser

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
One of the competitors was only 89 pounds!  :o

She attempted 226 but failed and went on to clear 219.

I think she was from Dubai.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
They all use drugs, not just the russians and the chinese.

Exactly. 204 nations in, and anyone who thinks the Russians and Chinese are the only geared ones in is naive or daft.

Were Marian Jones, Ben Johnson et al a fluke lol. All the powerhouse nations are sporting users, be real.

Moosejay

Exactly. 204 nations in, and anyone who thinks the Russians and Chinese are the only geared ones in is naive or daft.

Were Marian Jones, Ben Johnson et al a fluke lol. All the powerhouse nations are sporting users, be real.

ALL on drugs.

Natural athletes do not exist

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
ALL on drugs.

Natural athletes do not exist

All the drugs in the world will not make any average person lift big weights. Lift more, yes, but no really big weights. It takes more than gear alone.

Moosejay

All the drugs in the world will not make any average person lift big weights. Lift more, yes, but no really big weights. It takes more than gear alone.

Agreed.

They are still all on as much gear as they can get by with.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT

Agreed, is why I don't get into the whole drug thing. They are all still great athletes who worked very hard.

Olympics is pretty much a level playing field drug wise, all the upper tier are using and trying to beat a test. Simple.

Moosejay

Agreed, is why I don't get into the whole drug thing. They are all still great athletes who worked very hard.

Olympics is pretty much a level playing field drug wise, all the upper tier are using and trying to beat a test. Simple.

You agree this is ok.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
You agree this is ok.

That's the way it is, what I think is irrelvant.

Nothing will stop them, testing just reduces.

At the highest level, it is all just a matter of who gets caught, not whose using, all the top ones are.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Is Pyrros Dimas competing?

Moosejay

That's the way it is, what I think is irrelvant.

Nothing will stop them, testing just reduces.

At the highest level, it is all just a matter of who gets caught, not whose using, all the top ones are.

everyone at every level

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Is Pyrros Dimas competing?

No he retired.

Halil mutlu is going for his 4th consecutive gold though, he would be the first one to pull that off if he makes it.

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
No he retired.

Halil mutlu is going for his 4th consecutive gold though, he would be the first one to pull that off if he makes it.

mutlu won't be competing

he pulled out of the 2008 beijing olympics stating that he was not able to "lift my targeted weight in practice"

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
mutlu won't be competing

he pulled out of the 2008 beijing olympics stating that he was not able to "lift my targeted weight in practice"

Hmmm makes sense, at the 2008 europeans he was only a shell of his former self unfortunately.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Olympic Lifting is very popular in China and receives mainstream media coverage and events are aired on a regular basis live.  The male lifters are very popular.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
The chinese are doing well in the weightlifting today in the mens.

I think there was a kid under 20 who leading after the snatch. Crazy.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Some strong big lads here in China.   ;Dand girls

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Agreed.

They are still all on as much gear as they can get by with.

well, at least they all look feminine and they sounds like women, unlike the she-Beasts we have here in the IFBB

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ

well, at least they all look feminine and they sounds like women, unlike the she-Beasts we have here in the IFBB
Hahahahaha ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT

While I respect their accomplishments, I can't say they "win" againest female bodybuilders in the looks area imo. For one, many outweigh female BB in some cases by as much as 200lbs.

Female bb may look big photo wise, most are like 130lbs or so. In reality, not sure they would be considered more masculine agianest 350lbs weightlifting women...as they must be huge in person.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
While I respect their accomplishments, I can't say they "win" againest female bodybuilders in the looks area imo. For one, many outweigh female BB in some cases by as much as 200lbs.

Female bb may look big photo wise, most are like 130lbs or so. In reality, not sure they would be considered more masculine agianest 350lbs weightlifting women...as they must be huge in person.

thats is fucking gross

Mute teh wee girl has a 3x b/w clean and jerk...unreal

knny187

• Getbig V
these fat women suck

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Here's a collection of photos from various Chinese Olympic Lifters as they train, I thought might interest some:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dehwang/ .

These were posted at another forum sometime ago, by a fellow who was observing the Chinese team as they prepared for the Olympics.