Author Topic: Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama get prime time spots  (Read 2653 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama get prime time spots
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »
Very direct Q there.

Beach Bum, why did you choose to call him by the middle name?

Oh quiet son.  You have questions waiting for you in a couple of other threads.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
Because it is similar to Saddam Hussein and I find the fact that a presidential candidate has a name that is similar to one of the most notorious dictators in American history pretty humorous.  And because I know it upsets some people.  And because I'm a bit of a trouble maker.   :) 

Now, how does this create a "wedge issue"? 

I've already answered that question and you know it is true.

So because it's "similar" to Saddam Hussein, you choose to call him by that name.

So what purpose does calling him that serve?

Why not call him Barack Lesnar... Or tell the troops to get back to the Baracks?

What is the purpose of using that name? Even if it's just as you say - You being a "trouble maker"...  You are essentially admitting that you are being disrespectful.

Causing trouble is a sign of disrespect... Do you not agree?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 07:23:43 PM »
Oh quiet son.  You have questions waiting for you in a couple of other threads.   :)

sorry, trying to get caught up.  I've been working to bash Obama equally as much as mccain. 

After my amusement with the applesauce avalanche, and being called an obama supporter, I felt the need to beat up on him a bit.

I'm trying to get caught up on the Russia/Georgia thing.  Domestically, I've learned that Obama will steal from everyone and give to poor.  I've learned that mccain will borrow from everyone's futures and give to rich.  No real winners there... Barr 2008

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »
I've already answered that question and you know it is true.

So because it's "similar" to Saddam Hussein, you choose to call him by that name.

So what purpose does calling him that serve?

Sorry, but I don't see any "wedge issue" in calling the man B. Hussein.  I'm not opposing him because of his middle name.  I've not seen polls indicating people are opposing him because of his middle name.  I've never talked to anyone who is opposing him because of his middle name.  If the use of his middle name is a "wedge issue," then that is news to me.  If that is true, people need to build a bridge and get over it. 

I just told you what purpose it serves to me.

I can't believe I've posted so much about B. Hussein's middle name.  lol . . .  :)     

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 08:57:51 PM »
Holy crap why are people getting so edgy over Obama Hussein's given name. My goodness, it's his name people.

If his middle name was Penis would you want everyone not to say it?

No issue, given that the birth certificate says Hussein.

Anyways I thought Hussein said no one should critique his wife since she is not part of the campaign? It appears she is.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 09:00:52 PM »
Holy crap why are people getting so edgy over Obama Hussein's given name. My goodness, it's his name people.

Anyways I thought Hussein said no one should critique his wife since she is not part of the campaign? It appears she is.

It's Barack Hussein Obama... Obama is his surname.

;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »

lol . . . .

Ah yes, back on topic.  She's definitely a part of the campaign, but you better lay off the wife, or whatever the heck he said. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »
It's Barack Hussein Obama... Obama is his surname.

;)

yes that is his whole name. But people call others by their first, last, or middle names all the time, also some cast nicknames on others.

I just call him Obama, or Hussein whichever comes first.

The point is this -

He BLASTED B. Clinton (or Bubba  ;) ) during primaries, rightfully so, since B. Clinton was on the trail with his wife going on tlak shows. But then Hussein did an interview with Walters, and in that interview, he got MAD, and said that the people that insult his wife will "regret it"

....all the while his wife was part of his campaign, going on the trail, talk shows, speeches, town halls, get to gethers....talking about politics, not fashion, not day to day events, but politics with regards to her , and her husband's views.

So, he can nail B. Clinton, and even call him a racist,  but when it comes to his spouse she is suddenly off limits?

And now she gets a primetime spot at the Dem Convention?

So why were people not allowed to debate her, ridicule her, and insult her....when he insulted Bill Clinton on numerous occasions, showing a total lack of respect for a former president.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 09:21:43 PM »
yes that is his whole name. But people call others by their first, last, or middle names all the time, also some cast nicknames on others.

The point is this -

He BLASTED B. Clinton (or Bubba  ;) ) during primaries, rightfully so, since B. Clinton was on the trail with his wife going on tlak shows. But then Hussein did an interview with Walters, and in that interview, he got MAD, and said that the people that insult his wife will "regret it"

....all the while his wife was part of his campaign, going on the trail, talk shows, speeches, town halls, get togethers....talking about politics, not fashion, not day to day events, but politics with regards to her , and her husband's views.

So, he can nail B. Clinton, and even call him a racist,  but when it comes to his spouse she is suddenly off limits?

Someone must think I care about his wife or something... Trust me I do not.

I liked Bill and hated Hillary.

What is everyone's fascination with her anyway?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 09:25:08 PM »

The point is this -

....all the while his wife was part of his campaign, going on the trail, talk shows, speeches, town halls, get to gethers....talking about politics, not fashion, not day to day events, but politics with regards to her , and her husband's views.

And now she gets a primetime spot at the Dem Convention?

So why were people not allowed to debate her, ridicule her, and insult her....when he insulted Bill Clinton on numerous occasions, showing a total lack of respect for a former president.

Ding ding ding!   :)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »
Someone must think I care about his wife or something... Trust me I do not.

I liked Bill and hated Hillary.

What is everyone's fascination with her anyway?

With who Obama's wife?

Well no one likes her, she seems like she has a chip on her shoulder and is bitter. And I'm sure you have noticed you don't see or hear from her anymore because she was hurting Obama with older voters.

I like Bill, I don't think Obama acted in the right ways towards him, and I expect a glim dull speech from Bill, and really want to hear what he has to say come Jan., he said he will come out with it, and tell people what he wants to tell them...whatever that may mean.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 06:36:11 AM »
Moving past the bickering.....

The point is that he is putting his wife front and center in the politics of the presidential campaign.  You can't do that and say she is off limits to criticizm.  Not acceptible.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 11:49:18 AM »

The point is that he is putting his wife front and center in the politics of the presidential campaign.  You can't do that and say she is off limits to criticizm.  Not acceptible.

I agree. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »

I might have had a tendency to agree, ...were it not for the kinds of attacks being levelled at her.
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »
You get reasonable and bullshit attacks from both sides, thats part of politics.  If you put yourself in that position, be prepared for the good & the bad.