Author Topic: How many mph does Michael Phelps swim?  (Read 14484 times)

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
Re: How many mph does Michael Phelps swim?
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »
yeah, i taught 5th grade, that's the exact age/size.  11 years old, IMO.

Howie, how old is she?

Post of the day.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »
Visit China realise how wrong you are. You have noidea what your talking about when it comes to China. Your just another fool who beleives what the US media wants to tell you. Unfortunatley it's not very close to the truth.

Hahahahah, this has got to be a fucking gimmick.

You had me going there for awhile.  ;D

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »
To be fair a lot of Chinese people look way young for their age. Does she look 16? Heck no, is she 16? Possibly

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »
yeah, i taught 5th grade, that's the exact age/size.  11 years old, IMO.

Howie, how old is she?

LMFAO

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 03:39:29 PM »
To be fair a lot of Chinese people look way young for their age. Does she look 16? Heck no, is she 16? Possibly
A responce by some one else with some intelligence and an understanding of the differences in other cultures. My hat is off to you.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »

not

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2008, 03:46:46 PM »
Could Phelps beat Sami on his bike?  NO FUCKING WAY.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »
not

Why edit you original post? I teach 18 and 19 year olds who look like that, and not only females.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2008, 03:55:51 PM »
not

Looks like a bunch of 12 year olds with one 18 year old on the top left.

Why edit you original post? I teach 18 and 19 year olds who look like that, and not only females.
Dude, having been in high school and one of the largest universities in the US...I have never seen an 18 year old that looks remotely like any of those girls.
Squishy face retard

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 04:15:19 PM »
Looks like a bunch of 12 year olds with one 18 year old on the top left.
 Dude, having been in high school and one of the largest universities in the US...I have never seen an 18 year old that looks remotely like any of those girls.

He's probably just some Chinese blogger being paid by his commie masters.  ;)

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »
Cap I can understand why you say that. The fact is though Asia is not the US. Many of my students are of tiny stature, and many of the boys tower over me.  The body types are vast and different.  This is a country of 1.3 billion people, there are going to be girls like these gymnasts who don't look their age.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »
He's probably just some Chinese blogger being paid by his commie masters.  ;)
I'm Australian. Keep maikng yourself look stupid.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
chinese people are very cute
A

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
No arguement here.  Very freindly also.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »

Kyomu is japanese.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
Cap I can understand why you say that. The fact is though Asia is not the US. Many of my students are of tiny stature, and many of the boys tower over me.  The body types are vast and different.  This is a country of 1.3 billion people, there are going to be girls like these gymnasts who don't look their age.

Give it up, dude. You're not fooling anyone.

"The Times found two online records of official registration lists of Chinese gymnasts that list He’s birthday as Jan. 1, 1994, which would make her 14. A 2007 national registry of Chinese gymnasts — now blocked in China but viewable through Google cache — shows He’s age as “1994.1.1.”

Another registration list that is unblocked, dated Jan. 27, 2006, and regarding an “intercity” competition in Chengdu, China, also lists He’s birthday as Jan. 1, 1994. That date differs by two years from the birth date of Jan. 1, 1992, listed on He’s passport, which was issued Feb. 14, 2008.

There has been considerable talk about the ages of Chinese gymnasts on Web sites devoted to the sport. And there has been frequent editing of He’s Wikipedia entry, although it could not be determined by whom. One paragraph that discusses the controversy of her age kept disappearing and reappearing on He’s entry. As of Friday, a different version of the paragraph had been restored to the page.

The other gymnast, Jiang, is listed on her passport — issued March 2, 2006 — as having been born on Nov. 1, 1991, which would make her 16 and thus eligible to compete at the Beijing Games.

A different birth date, indicating Jiang is not yet 15, appears on a list of junior competitors from the Zhejiang Province sports administration. The list of athletes includes national identification card numbers into which birth dates are embedded. Jiang’s national card number as it appears on this list shows her birth date as Oct. 1, 1993, which indicates that she will turn 15 in the fall, and would thus be ineligible to compete in the Beijing Games"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/sports/olympics/27gymnasts.html

SO   FUCKING   STUPID

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
Phelps won gold medal #7 today.

BEIJING -Michael Phelps beat Milorad Cavic of Serbia to the wall to win the 100-meter butterfly Saturday, tying Mark Spitz’s record of seven gold medals at a single Olympics.
With his arms fully outstretched, the American touched in 50.58 seconds, brreaking Cavic’s Olympic record of 50.76 set in the semifinals.
Cavic, who was still in mid-stroke at the wall, took the silver in 50.59, a mere 0.01 seconds behind Phelps. Andrew Lauterstein of Australia earned the bronze in 51.12.
It was the first race of these games in which Phelps didn’t set a world record.
Crocker, the world record-holder, was fourth in 51.13.
Phelps won the event four years ago in Athens, and Crocker finished second.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2008, 03:11:58 AM »
Give it up, dude. You're not fooling anyone.

"The Times found two online records of official registration lists of Chinese gymnasts that list He’s birthday as Jan. 1, 1994, which would make her 14. A 2007 national registry of Chinese gymnasts — now blocked in China but viewable through Google cache — shows He’s age as “1994.1.1.”

Another registration list that is unblocked, dated Jan. 27, 2006, and regarding an “intercity” competition in Chengdu, China, also lists He’s birthday as Jan. 1, 1994. That date differs by two years from the birth date of Jan. 1, 1992, listed on He’s passport, which was issued Feb. 14, 2008.

There has been considerable talk about the ages of Chinese gymnasts on Web sites devoted to the sport. And there has been frequent editing of He’s Wikipedia entry, although it could not be determined by whom. One paragraph that discusses the controversy of her age kept disappearing and reappearing on He’s entry. As of Friday, a different version of the paragraph had been restored to the page.

The other gymnast, Jiang, is listed on her passport — issued March 2, 2006 — as having been born on Nov. 1, 1991, which would make her 16 and thus eligible to compete at the Beijing Games.

A different birth date, indicating Jiang is not yet 15, appears on a list of junior competitors from the Zhejiang Province sports administration. The list of athletes includes national identification card numbers into which birth dates are embedded. Jiang’s national card number as it appears on this list shows her birth date as Oct. 1, 1993, which indicates that she will turn 15 in the fall, and would thus be ineligible to compete in the Beijing Games"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/sports/olympics/27gymnasts.html

SO   FUCKING   STUPID
Your quoting the New York Times. Ha I rest my case, media beat up by the US because you can't cut it. Where is the real proof? There isn't any!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2008, 03:19:43 AM »
A lot of it comes down to the fact that these Asian gymnast girls start training at 2-3 years of age and never really take a break. They damage they're Growth Plates quite significantly. Thats why they are so small (under 5ft), they haven't given themselves a chance to grow properly.

This can also affect their development and menstrual cycles (or lack thereof). They look like little kids because they haven't technically hit puberty yet, even if they are 17,18 years old. Some are under the age of 16, but most of them are over 16 years old, they just look 8 years old.
No doubt about it...

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2008, 03:24:32 AM »
A lot of it comes down to the fact that these Asian gymnast girls start training at 2-3 years of age and never really take a break. They damage they're Growth Plates quite significantly. Thats why they are so small (under 5ft), they haven't given themselves a chance to grow properly.

This can also affect their development and menstrual cycles (or lack thereof). They look like little kids because they haven't technically hit puberty yet, even if they are 17,18 years old. Some are under the age of 16, but most of them are over 16 years old, they just look 8 years old.
Well stated, but all competeing at the Olympics are over 16.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2008, 03:27:01 AM »
Well stated, but all competeing at the Olympics are over 16.

Yeah id say nearly all of them are over 16, but i think a few here and there might be under 16.
No doubt about it...

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2008, 03:40:10 AM »
Yeah id say nearly all of them are over 16, but i think a few here and there might be under 16.
Government Docs don't lie.
Oh and well done Michael Phelps

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2008, 03:48:04 AM »
Government Docs don't lie.
Oh and well done Michael Phelps

lol, its the Olympics mate, it isn't that hard to come up with some fake info.

Oh and Michael Phelps does not eat 12,000 cals a day and is not natural.
No doubt about it...

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2008, 05:16:35 AM »
It had to be dismantled and built up from scratch by allowing BOTH the Sunnis and Shiites to be participants in its workings.

And that's exactly why it won't work.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2008, 05:38:10 AM »
Bob costas was interviewing an old olympic vet.

he said 1/2 of the chinese girls are too young to compete, but the govt serves them up fake IDs.

I wonder if that'll lead to some flak.

hmmm.....I love China