Author Topic: Vince Gironda to Vintage Schwarzenegger: "You're just a fat kid with a big ego"  (Read 15282 times)

Antony77

• Getbig II
Sharma's words may ring true.

Sounds like you have another entry for your oxymoron thread.  ;)

Purge_WTF

I've been reading a little on Gironda, and while he was ahead of his time physique-wise, he seemed to be a prick personality-wise.

Moosejay

Sounds like you have another entry for your oxymoron thread.  ;)

haha. Pretty good....pretty, pretty good (As Larry David would say)

Moosejay

I've been reading a little on Gironda, and while he was ahead of his time physique-wise, he seemed to be a prick personality-wise.

We went into his gym when I was 18, we had read about him for years in the mage.

We approached him at the counter, and lended some superlatives to him and said we wanted to train.

"Pffftttt..." he said. He threw som,e brochures at us and walked away.

Great businessman?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
It's not like someone else couldn't have told him how to diet you know, someone from all the gyms he trained in, of all the pros he trained with etc.
You make it sound like if Arnold hadn't met Vince who was apparently the one and only font of knowledge at the time he would have been spinning his big fat wheels to this very day shaking his big jowls and scratching his head while pondering the eternal riddle of dieting that he never learnt because Vince died and took the info to his grave.

Weider sent Schwarzenegger to the best by sending him to Gironda. It was for everything-diet, training, etc. Joe knew exactly what he was doing. Vince putting the perennially arrogant Arnold in his place was part of it too.

As far as his personality, I have no problem with it, he was a purist. His personality was no more obnoxious than Schwarzenegger's actually lol none of the Arnold ball-washers realize it. ;)

Sharma's wrong on Schwarzie's tris though, it's a common misperception. Both he and Coleman had good size, lacking only the sharp cuts needed to stand out against outrageous biceps in both cases.

Antony77

• Getbig II
There are very few Arnold tricep shots around. Sharma's words may ring true.

Vince Gironda was a complete dick. He certainly had good conditioning though which was his only redeeming quality.

And I don't know if Arnold had triceps I mean there is something hanging off the back of his arms which could be triceps..... it's some kinda swelling..... like he had an allergic reaction to some bee stings maybe? I guess it will always be a mystery for the ages.  :)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Arnold was not perfect by any means. His legs were tiny. His arms were not harmonious as his biceps were far too big for his tricep. His chest was also droopy.
He was very much flawed.

Yup. My boy was on the verge of breaking outta his shell.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Arnold's biceps did overpower his triceps. Obviously when he is training triceps they will be pumped and the imbalance will not be so marked, or apparent at all  (as in pictures of him doing pressdowns) His triceps were not intrinsically bad but they were out of proportion with his truly remarkable biceps.
O

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!

Agreed. It seemed to me that if someone didn't listen to Vince or didn't do something he said they were automatically wrong and didn't know shit. It was as if everyone was wrong and Vince was always right.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
And yet another failed thread for Alex23.

Oh how the once mighty have fallen!

Antony77

• Getbig II
If you had the worlds greatest biceps you can be forgiven if your triceps don't quite match-up.  :)

Still his arms look pretty damn complete to me.

suckmymuscle

Gironda was the guy who forbade his pupils from squatting because it thickened the waist, and from benching because it resulted in "droopy pecs". The guy was a complete cook, and the guys he looked wouldn't get booked on a shirtless modeling job nowadays.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
Looks like a badly structure skinny prick to me...

Arnold = God ahead of his time.

I agree. You know it's only skinny fags that cry "but he's fat..." even if the guy is swole as fuck.

Antony77

• Getbig II
I think his arms are balanced.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
Tbf to Gironda his physique shots were taken before steroids were used. Arnold minus the dbol would be a different beast in those early shots.

O

Antony77

• Getbig II
Tbf to Gironda his physique shots were taken before steroids were used. Arnold minus the dbol would be a different beast in those early shots.

Before steroids you say? Wow what an acheivment! he built a true Baywatch physique all pecs and abs with 14 inch arms and he did it without roids, simply amazing.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
Before steroids you say? Wow what an acheivment! he built a true Baywatch physique all pecs and abs with 14 inch arms all before roids.

If you look at the physiques built before the use of steroids his is not out of place - although it's not the finest by any means.
O

Antony77

• Getbig II

The guy looks like an evil leprechaun! I'd like to know if Arnold was able to correctly guess that his name was Rumpelstiltskin and keep his first born son?
Because if Arnold junior had to be raised by that garden gnome it would seriously suck!  :o

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
Arnold was a fat fuck when he went to Vince.  Vince taught Arnold how to diet for shows.  If it wasn't for Vince Arnold may have never beat Sergio.  Vince made Arnie better than the soft foreigner with great arms when he came to the US.

I thought it was when arnold lives with frank zane that he learned the correct way to diet for a show...

Antony77

• Getbig II
I thought it was when arnold lives with frank zane that he learned the correct way to diet for a show...

Yeah I've heard that as well. It was also when he lost to Zane that he realised mass alone wasn't going to be enough. Oh well it seems like there is quite a few people who want to claim credit for Arnolds success.

Moosejay

Before steroids you say? Wow what an acheivment! he built a true Baywatch physique all pecs and abs with 14 inch arms and he did it without roids, simply amazing.

If Gironda were on the beach today:

He would get laid

You and I would not

Moosejay

Vince Gironda was a complete dick. He certainly had good conditioning though which was his only redeeming quality.

And I don't know if Arnold had triceps I mean there is something hanging off the back of his arms which could be triceps..... it's some kinda swelling..... like he had an allergic reaction to some bee stings maybe? I guess it will always be a mystery for the ages.  :)

I see you want to be funny with the sarcasm

But Arnold did not pose his triceps very often at all, for some reason...who knows

Antony77

• Getbig II
If Gironda were on the beach today:

He would get laid

You and I would not

Your probably right now that I've run out of GHB I haven't been as lucky with ladies.  ;)
But even though Vince is in shape I still think he looks like an evil leprechaun...... just all around fugly, so I don't know how much ass he would pull.
The King on the other hand.......

Moosejay

Your probably right now that I've run out of GHB I haven't been as lucky with ladies.  ;)
But even though Vince is in shape I still think he looks like an evil leprechaun...... just all around fugly, so I don't know how much ass he would pull.
The King on the other hand.......

Yes. The gal with Arnold is saying:"Well, I might as well leave my husband. No that I have sat on Arnold's lap, how can I ever do better?"

What does the GHB do? I am trying to lose weight now without being able to exercise...

Vince does have a freaky face

Antony77

• Getbig II
Yes. The gal with Arnold is saying:"Well, I might as well leave my husband. No that I have sat on Arnold's lap, how can I ever do better?"

What does the GHB do? I am trying to lose weight now without being able to exercise...

Vince does have a freaky face

GHB? I was just making a joke that I needed a date rape drug to score and stuff..... sigh.