Author Topic: Branch Warren; could this be the end !!!  (Read 6167 times)

Moosejay

Re: Branch Warren; could this be the end !!!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
Branch owns a few buisnesses that are doing Great though =)

I have always heard this.

Just what are his businesses, the nature of them, I mean?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 04:40:39 PM »
Branch is out of the Olympia.  Yes, he has torn his tricep.

Can Branch make a comeback?  He just seems to injure himself so easily these days.

Branch is his own worst enemy.  He trains super heavy. He feels that he always has prove himself.  Quite sad really.

Isn't Branch like 5'1" or something?  Maybe he could get a cameo in the Wizard of Oz on Broadway?

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 05:04:40 PM »
That's what his third torn muscle?  ::)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 05:08:28 PM »
And wtf is up with this dildo mic?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
And wtf is up with this dildo mic?

;D

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »
Isn't Branch like 5'1" or something?  Maybe he could get a cameo in the Wizard of Oz on Broadway?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »
For what it's worth bodybuilders usually go the G4P route on their way up... not on their way down.

you are usually on your way down before you die ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »
you are usually on your way down before you die ;)

Touché!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
Hopefully he recovers well from this injury.

Branch is one of the good guys in bb'ing. Smart guy who makes a good living for himself. He definietly isn't like some of those other fools out there.
No doubt about it...

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 07:19:52 PM »
  PED
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 02:49:50 AM »
I just feel sorry for the guy.  Always possessed this desperated and childish desire to be the strongest mofo going around!  Gee, the guy needs to grow up and get some perspective.

And yeah, with his serious long term injuries and potential organ damage he will have to resign himself to a lifetime of medication.  

Driving one of his trucks may prove to be very difficult for a man with such long term physical disabilties.

Anyway good luck to him, seems like a simple yet friendly dude.  

Always hated his grainy, sickly appearance though.

Haha!

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 02:56:43 AM »
All done as a competive pro but has used his time wisely

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 03:01:13 AM »
Branch= crispy, crunchy, odious, mephitic, vituperative and 'always' injured.

He allegedly has a legitimate trucking business he can fall back on, if his dream of winning a Mr. O evaporates!

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 06:58:58 AM »
Branch is out of the Olympia.  Yes, he has torn his tricep.

Can Branch make a comeback?  He just seems to injure himself so easily these days.

Branch is his own worst enemy.  He trains super heavy. He feels that he always has prove himself.  Quite sad really.

hahaha....he lifts heavy as fuck all the time and you say he injures himself so easily??

how much more obvious could it be that his career was going to end fast due to multiple injuries

phish

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 07:23:37 AM »
to sum up everything for people that dont wana read this whole thread branch is cool hank is tool.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 07:26:56 AM »
Branch was obsessed with lifting heavy.  He always had to out lift everyone.  Well, now he has learnt his lesson the hard way.  He basically just another broken down bodybuilding.  

Branch will now have to go out and get a 'real' job.  Just don't know what he capable of doing though.  He lives with so much daily pain it must be difficult to even think straight.

Branch=failed gym hero.

Branch should have lifted 'smart' but chose to lift heavydumb!

Branch Warren has his own business...somethig i am glad to see. I hate seeing BB go on for years trying to win trophies which has no value and never thinking of what they are going to do after BB is over. Branch has a trucking/delivery business and should be fine if his BB career is over. Sad to see some of the greats living in poverty, doing personal training or being forced to go back into BB for the sake of money. BB should always invest or start a business while they are in good health and making money so that when the party train stops they won't end up in dire straits....
C

DeadSquatPress

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2008, 07:47:25 AM »
much respect to branch

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2008, 07:56:24 AM »
Branch Warren has his own business...somethig i am glad to see. I hate seeing BB go on for years trying to win trophies which has no value and never thinking of what they are going to do after BB is over. Branch has a trucking/delivery business and should be fine if his BB career is over. Sad to see some of the greats living in poverty, doing personal training or being forced to go back into BB for the sake of money. BB should always invest or start a business while they are in good health and making money so that when the party train stops they won't end up in dire straits....

Who has ever done this?  And done it successfully?  There isn't much money in BB when one is young and there is even less money in it when one is older so who are these former greats that are "going back into BB for the money"?  And how much money has anyone ever gotten with this "going back" strategy that people keep talking about?  ???

Michael Jordan is an example of someone who left his sport (following the death of his father) and then went back into it, but he obviously did it for the love of the game; no one would claim he went back "for the money."

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 08:15:28 AM »

Pro BBing is not a party train or a financial train-it is a road to poverty.

Always has been and always will be because the stupid ones are the pros (paying $200 a year for their "pro" card) and the smart ones are the ones raking in the dough off of their work.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 08:29:18 AM »
Who has ever done this?  And done it successfully?  There isn't much money in BB when one is young and there is even less money in it when one is older so who are these former greats that are "going back into BB for the money"?  And how much money has anyone ever gotten with this "going back" strategy that people keep talking about?  ???

Michael Jordan is an example of someone who left his sport (following the death of his father) and then went back into it, but he obviously did it for the love of the game; no one would claim he went back "for the money."

Vince Taylor recently announced he is re-entering the sport becasue he needs money
Chris Cormier is trying to make a comeback after a serious sickness but is risking more than what there is to gain becasue he needs money
Don Long re-entered BB despite losing his kidneys and being on dialysis for the sake of money
Dennis Newman was trying to make a comeback about a year ago...I am not sure if he is still trying to , but again MONEY was the issue.

AND THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE PEOPLE I HAVE HEARD ABOUT...THERE MAYBE MANY MORE.

C

BigBack

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 08:36:34 AM »
Hank..don't be an idiot.  Branch recently sold the gym, because his logistics company is growing so rapidly.  He is a highly successful businessman outside of bodybuilding already.  He and Jay (Cutler) are two reason I am sick of everyone feeling sorry for others,like Kai, who cry about barely scraping by.  They have proved that you can do other things, and live a bodybuilding lifestyle.  not bashing Kai, but don't complain so much..if you are just scraping by, get a damn job!!!
As for the tear, he is having surgery today, and will be fine, and be back with a vengeance.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2008, 08:39:30 AM »
Vince Taylor recently announced he is re-entering the sport becasue he needs money
Chris Cormier is trying to make a comeback after a serious sickness but is risking more than what there is to gain becasue he needs money
Don Long re-entered BB despite losing his kidneys and being on dialysis for the sake of money
Dennis Newman was trying to make a comeback about a year ago...I am not sure if he is still trying to , but again MONEY was the issue.

AND THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE PEOPLE I HAVE HEARD ABOUT...THERE MAYBE MANY MORE.

Fair enough.  They left and came back to bodybuilding... but did they really do it "for the money"?  How much money?  It's laughable that anyone would come (back) to this sport "for the money."  ::)

As near as I can tell Arnold is the only one who left competition only to return and win big again.  After a string of Olympia wins he walked away from competition in 1975 and came back to win the O again in 1980.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2008, 08:48:56 AM »
Fair enough.  They left and came back to bodybuilding... but did they really do it "for the money"?  How much money?  It's laughable that anyone would come (back) to this sport "for the money."  ::)

As near as I can tell Arnold is the only one who left competition only to return and win big again.  After a string of Olympia wins he walked away from competition in 1975 and came back to win the O again in 1980.

DAMN IT BAY ...I just said they ANNOUNCED they are returning because of the NEED FOR MONEY...this is not me saying it...IT IS THEM. These cases are not like what you are talking about where a BB takes a layoff and returns later because they enjoy the competition.

To me this is sad, because it says these men have never taken the time to learn or develop ANY OTHER ABILITIES and now being out of BB they find themselves LOST IN A WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY WHERE THEY DON'T FIT IN.

Reminds me of the movie THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION and how long term prisoners once released find themselves in a world FOREIGN to them because they don't have any abilities, skills, talents to survive...so they end up deliberately committing a crime so that they can go back to jail or they end up committing suicide.
C

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2008, 09:08:50 AM »
Branch was obsessed with lifting heavy.  He always had to out lift everyone.  Well, now he has learnt his lesson the hard way.  He basically just another broken down bodybuilding.  

Branch will now have to go out and get a 'real' job.  Just don't know what he capable of doing though.  He lives with so much daily pain it must be difficult to even think straight.

Branch=failed gym hero.

Oh brother.The guy owns a logistics wharehouse and a personal training studio and has done very well outside of bodybuilding.In fact,he says he banks all his bodybuilding money and lives off his "Real jobs".

Failed gym hero?Geeze the guy won three pro shows and was second at the Arnold including two most musculars.He has done more then anyone on here and he is a failed gym hero?