Author Topic: The King 3 days out..  (Read 29777 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: It's me (The King) @ 4 weeks out.. A-Game is here!
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2008, 06:40:53 AM »

Keep it going King!!!  You're almost there and you are looking great!!!! Shut all those haters up and show them how its done!!!

I got a question for you, what the FIRST "Bad" thing you're gonnna eat after the show???

Moosejay

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »
NaturalWonder83:  Appreciate the props... Milos showed me a trick last year did the job on my waist line.. Down about 2.5 inches.

ironjoe:  I'm on it brother.. Trust me.

Ron:  Didn't I just beat David Henry and Will Harris at the Ironman Pro this year?!? Hummmm, I think I did. See you in AC... You are personally invited to my room for some sneak peak shots.

Moosejay:  Things are looking good. Disgusted is not an easy man to impress and he just told me I have a long way to go.. 1.5 pounds this week.

big_mal:  Thank you man.

mon_of_steele:  Use to do the heavy deads all the time but not this year. I stuck to "bodybuilding" and not so much powerlifting. I have an endorsement contract with Jan Tana and this time I will go back to my old method of getting sprayed 3 days out so by the time Saturday comes I am as dry as Nuns ass. I wish I knew what the Orange Powder is.. disgusted will not tell me but it works.

TooPowerful4u:  Way ahead of you bro. Milos had me doing these exercises last year, BUT, it's not always the best for every physique. Look at Toney Freeman.. When he crunches down and it works wonders for him. Imagine if he did the vacuum, it would take 30% away from his conditioning "look". Victor is another good example. It depends on your structure and the way you hold your legs in that shot.

Always keep your standards high and never be satisfied...you know this.

We may actually make the 6 hour drive to Ac just to see YOU.

BB is so boring these days, as you know. You add considerable zest.

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2008, 09:12:49 AM »
Competing with yourself, improving from show to show...sounds like winning to me!

Great guess posing pictures!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »
3 weeks out

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2008, 10:11:49 AM »

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »
I had a great time in SC and both Shannon and Tre (super promoters and great friends) made me feel like I was home.. Love you both. Fellas, I am 85% in these pictures. To beat Freeman and DJ I Will need to be at 95% which means striated glutes and NO FAT in the back. If you look at the Back Double Bicep shot you can see the small roll in the back... That's fat. Now you guys are starting to see what I mean when I say 1.5 to 2 pounds of fat to go. I will be going zero carbs this entire week to accomplish this goal. Almost everything has grown especially the quads and arms. The blinders are on and I am in a zone.. Thanks again for the support...

Polska_Sensation

• Getbig II
  • Only bitch do dumble kick backs
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »
How did you improve your arm's so much, they were alway's the weakpoint.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2008, 01:50:47 PM »
King that lat spread is wicked.  That thickness reminds me of Dennis James.  The one thing you have that Freeman has trouble with is drying up twice.  He nailed the Europa and I think he'll have trouble nailing it again.  Hopefully the judges beleive in redemption and don't already have their top 5 in mind.

S_Samuel

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2008, 02:42:25 PM »
King that lat spread is wicked.  That thickness reminds me of Dennis James.  The one thing you have that Freeman has trouble with is drying up twice.  He nailed the Europa and I think he'll have trouble nailing it again.  Hopefully the judges beleive in redemption and don't already have their top 5 in mind.

Freeman nailed it the last two shows man.

Moosejay

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »
Freeman nailed it the last two shows man.

can he hit three in a row? very, very hard

King Kamali

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Back With A Vengeance
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »
Polska_Sensation: The improvements came from changing my training style and a lot of deep tissue massage.. That shit works.

mon_of_steele: Thanks for the back props.. More detail and it will be complete. Toney is using the no carb. method so he will be sharp again at the AC, but he will have a tired look to him. Competing takes its toll and it will show... he will be in the first call out.

Moosejay:  Look above.

I am on track and looked very dry in the gym tonight. I'mtired but still have a lot of fuel in the tank. More to come.

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »
strong work king, the best iv'e seen you look in quite some time, stay strong and good luck in atlantic city.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2008, 02:25:39 AM »
Shoots. Just from reading this thread I've now become a Kamali fan. Amazing how much our perceptions are influence by the media. Kamali isn't always portrayed in the most positive way in the press. Although I did (and do) find his columns the most interesting and always read it first he just didn't seem like my kind of guy. It's the image that's been put out there.

Well, he's OK in my book (I do have a book). He speaks his mind and doesn't take any crap. He's constantly attacked, criticized and ridiculed even on this board but he just keeps at it. He may not be a Mr. O right now but neither was Shawn Ray. He does seem to have carved out a good life for himself and will be successful and happy even after his competitive days are over which is more than you can say for a lot of other former bodybuilders. It's not like the sport has any retirement or pension plans.

And to paraphrase a chilling comment often said here on GetBig: He's not going to die but is going to live for us bitches!

I'm happy you're here, King, taking the time to talk to us -- most who are just wanabes and never-will-be (such as myself) -- and letting us in on the life of a pro.

Though I'm late to the crew I'll be cheering for you.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »

When King brings it, he fucking brings it!!!

One of my fave shots..... he can hold his own easy!!!

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2008, 10:42:25 AM »
When King brings it, he fucking brings it!!!

One of my fave shots..... he can hold his own easy!!!

Back holds up and that is it.  Calves and hams aren't cut and smaller than the others and his waist is big compared to the other three.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »
Back holds up and that is it.  Calves and hams aren't cut and smaller than the others and his waist is big compared to the other three.

His back to waist ratio is the best out of those guys he is being compared to. If I recall correctly he weighed around 240 at that show and his waist was very small.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
His back to waist ratio is the best out of those guys he is being compared to. If I recall correctly he weighed around 240 at that show and his waist was very small.

If you say so.  Looks like the guy just to the right of King has a smaller waist and better differential between his delts/back width and his waist size.  Do you have any more or better pictures from this show to better compare?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2008, 01:55:30 PM »
If you say so.  Looks like the guy just to the right of King has a smaller waist and better differential between his delts/back width and his waist size.  Do you have any more or better pictures from this show to better compare?

There are some out there and I will look. That was the NY Pro from I think 2006?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2008, 01:58:19 PM »
i agree, i've said it before, the days of the tiny waists are gone forever on EVERYONE, even Dexter's waist looks big in some shots, it's the sheer amount of food that these guys have to eat, King's looks no bigger to me than any other 245 plus onstage guy and i mean any of them Gustavo, Jay, Wolf, Victor, etc.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »
i agree, i've said it before, the days of the tiny waists are gone forever on EVERYONE, even Dexter's waist looks big in some shots, it's the sheer amount of food that these guys have to eat, King's looks no bigger to me than any other 245 plus onstage guy and i mean any of them Gustavo, Jay, Wolf, Victor, etc.

I agree bro and unfortunately that is the way it is for now. Just trying to find a happy medium. King is at 260 and for his height and weight his waist is only going to get so small. He should step on stage at 253 and will likely lose about another 1.5 inches off his waist.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »

I agree bro and unfortunately that is the way it is for now. Just trying to find a happy medium. King is at 260 and for his height and weight his waist is only going to get so small. He should step on stage at 253 and will likely lose about another 1.5 inches off his waist.
exactly, it's the bodyparts AROUND IT that make it look smaller, no fuccking way on earth is a 255-260 pounds onstage guy gonna have a 32 inch waist, i'd wager to bet that Ronnie's waist was at least 40 inches but his chest was right around 60 which makes it look OK, this bullshit of melvin claiming a 27-28 inch waist is for the birds. ::)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2008, 02:27:07 PM »
I wonder if he sacrifice his mass a lot and goes back to the amateur weight and he can get back those condition which he used to have or not...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »
King started this Gangsta shit...................a nd this is the motherfucking thanks he gets?!?!?!?!!?!

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »

Got it.  So bodybuilding is an optical illusion.  As long as you look big in chest back and shoulders, your waist will appear smaller, even if you are sporting a 40 inch, HGH and insulin bloated belly.   ::)

And what do you do about height?  You can only add so much weight to a 5'10" body and still make it look good.  Even though Ronnie Coleman won the Sandow 8 times, most people seem to agree that he was at his best during the 1998 and 1999 Olympias where he competed at 250 lbs on his 5'11" frame.  He looked like shit in later years when he packed on too much extra pounds.   

Stavios

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
exactly, it's the bodyparts AROUND IT that make it look smaller, no fuccking way on earth is a 255-260 pounds onstage guy gonna have a 32 inch waist, i'd wager to bet that Ronnie's waist was at least 40 inches but his chest was right around 60 which makes it look OK, this bullshit of melvin claiming a 27-28 inch waist is for the birds. ::)

Dave, my own waist was 32 inches ONSTAGE at 190 lbs !
and it was small !

I call bullshit on any pro who has a smaller waist at 250 lbs