Author Topic: Michael Phelps expected to make close to 1 billion dollars in the next 8 years  (Read 14932 times)

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
1 Bil? No way. Top athletes like Kobe Bryant or Tiger Woods 8 year earnings don't equal that much. Tiger I think earns around 89mil a year. Swimming just isn't popular enough. The Phelps wave will die down in a by the end of the year.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
no way that much, he'll make 15-20 million tops, there's no money in swimming.

Exactly, maybe 15-20 mil a year in endorsements. He won't compete again in 2016 so why would he keep that same salary after London in 2012?

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Maybe Phelps can get an endorsement from this place, similar to Tiger promoting a Lasik eye clinic.  ;D

http://www.newyorkfacialplasticsurgery.com/EarReshaping.html

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
In yesterdays NY Daily News,
If Phelps is managed wisely he can make 40mil in 4 years.thats far away from 8 bil. over 8 years.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Starbucks franchise.  Over 600 of them closed last month.  My friend who used to have the franchise for Blockbuster Video on Hawaii has all the Starbucks and Jamba Juice in Hawaii. 24 Hour Fitness does not franchise.  They pay Magic to use his name.  They are all corporate owned gyms.  He may be a stockholder or had that in the deal but they are not his gyms.

And Phelps is an all-american boy.  If you guy think endorsements aren't coming his way in a big way.  American Express alone will give him a million dollar deal.  He is perfect for just about every company.  Not bad having the most decorated Olympian in history as a spokesperson.

Does Starbucks franchise?
Starbucks does not franchise operations and has no plans to franchise in the foreseeable future.

In North America, the majority of our stores are Company-operated. As an exception, Starbucks may enter into licensing arrangements with companies who provide access to real estate which would otherwise be unavailable such as airport locations, national grocery chains, major food services corporations, college and university campuses and hospitals.

For international business development opportunities please refer to the International Development section of this Web site.

If you have further questions, please send us an e-mail through the Contact Us portion of the site.

Link to Starbucks' website providing information: http://www.starbucks.com/customer/faq_qanda.asp?name=common

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Starbucks does not franchise operations and has no plans to franchise in the foreseeable future.

In North America, the majority of our stores are Company-operated. As an exception, Starbucks may enter into licensing arrangements with companies who provide access to real estate which would otherwise be unavailable such as airport locations, national grocery chains, major food services corporations, college and university campuses and hospitals.

For international business development opportunities please refer to the International Development section of this Web site.

If you have further questions, please send us an e-mail through the Contact Us portion of the site.

Link to Starbucks' website providing information: http://www.starbucks.com/customer/faq_qanda.asp?name=common
Exactly what I pretty much already knew. I just did not fact check to confirm this. Thanks.
!

oldman

• Getbig III
Alright already, hes a f 'ing swimmer, he has to capitalize on immediate endorsements before everyone finds out he has no personality.  He is no Mark Spitz, Shrek might even call him ugly.  He had a tough childhood and has some psychological issues.  He will be forgotten much sooner than you think.  Hopefully, he won't be arrested or break some laws and be smeared in the media.  He has no arms and poor calves, who cares....

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Alright already, hes a f 'ing swimmer, he has to capitalize on immediate endorsements before everyone finds out he has no personality.  He is no Mark Spitz, Shrek might even call him ugly.  He had a tough childhood and has some psychological issues.  He will be forgotten much sooner than you think.  Hopefully, he won't be arrested or break some laws and be smeared in the media.  He has no arms and poor calves, who cares....

Is everything ok mate? a little meltdown i see.

oldman

• Getbig III
I dont do meltdowns, do I?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Not a billion but reports are saying that he's going to make at least $40-100 million in the next few years.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Christ, the guy poured his heart and soul into becoming the best in the world, breaks tons of records on the way and now has his moment on the world stage. I hope he makes a trillion dollars, because it shows that if you work hard you can make your mark. I know this is GetBig, and if you are successful in life you  a) must be on drugs, 2) must have cheated, 3) must be ugly or 4) your sport is not really a sport.

Of course, our patron saint here is Arnold, who a) was on drugs, b) is purported to have cheated with the help of judges c) is  not the handsomest guy in the world and d) is king of a sport that many say here is not a sport.  

Flame away.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Christ, the guy poured his heart and soul into becoming the best in the world, breaks tons of records on the way and now has his moment on the world stage. I hope he makes a trillion dollars, because it shows that if you work hard you can make your mark. I know this is GetBig, and if you are successful in life you  a) must be on drugs, 2) must have cheated, 3) must be ugly or 4) your sport is not really a sport.

Of course, our patron saint here is Arnold, who a) was on drugs, b) is purported to have cheated with the help of judges c) is  not the handsomest guy in the world and d) is king of a sport that many say here is not a sport.  

Flame away.
Arnold is a closer to a billion then phelps ever will be..
do you think phelps will make a billie????
everyone forgets bout the olympics the next week..lebron james is a realistic candidate for the billionaire club

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears

I just looked it up since it has been awhile and I just found the following article which shows that I am not lying.  It appears Dean sold back to Starbucks back in 2006 and I guess may still be part of it.  But as it says he owned 54 Starbucks in Hawaii and the Jamba juice just like I said.  And they did shut down the 600 store.  He had the license not the franchise I guess.  He used to have the franchise for Blockbuster Video and sold that back to corporate to get the Starbucks.  The Blockbuster in Hilo Hawaii at that time was the highest grossing Blockbuster in the company

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2006/01/23/daily18.html

Polska_Sensation

• Getbig II
  • Only bitch do dumble kick backs
WHy the fuck are Black athletes making more then white athlets??????? Tom Brady, Roger Federer, Giambi,Crosby, Urlacher etc should be making then RETARDED looki ng Lebron James.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Not a billion but reports are saying that he's going to make at least $40-100 million in the next few years.

If nothing else, he could pawn the medals, use the money to buy a couple kilos, and sell his product at a reasonable profit.  Or, he could enter bb contests ("natural" division, of course).  Just a few ideas.
~