Author Topic: Wow - pics of Greg Kovacs u prolly aint seen  (Read 26083 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Wow - pics of Greg Kovacs u prolly aint seen
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2014, 03:31:21 AM »

Greg had ridiculous strength. I know someone who trained with him. I could tell you stories but you wouldn't believe them. the guy was a freak of nature. strong isn't even the word.  

I remember OTH saying he had trained in the same gym as him. And yeah, according to OTH, he was insanely strong. Far stronger than Coleman apparently.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2014, 03:33:01 AM »
I'd be open to hearin a couple stories.

He would shot some synthol on a Friday so his arms looked bigger at Film lounge (club) Saturday.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 03:54:58 AM »
he looked huge in the gym but horrible onstage,he was a monster though,big strong guy.RIP
R

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »
Died of heart failure at 44 - Nuff said

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:43 AM »
Died of heart failure at 44 - Nuff said

Went to the cardiologist recently for some exams and told him i have used steroids in the past and he didn't seem to care much about it. He was all about: "do you smoke?", "have you ever smoked?", "just don't start smoking and you will be fine"

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 06:58:00 AM »
Went to the cardiologist recently for some exams and told him i have used steroids in the past and he didn't seem to care much about it. He was all about: "do you smoke?", "have you ever smoked?", "just don't start smoking and you will be fine"

That's all relative, maybe someone doesn't smoke, but let's be honest here, if you're doing a gram or two or 6 of juice a week it's going to shorten your life.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »

Greg had ridiculous strength. I know someone who trained with him. I could tell you stories but you wouldn't believe them. the guy was a freak of nature. strong isn't even the word.  

Tell them!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 07:06:24 AM »
He would shot some synthol on a Friday so his arms looked bigger at Film lounge (club) Saturday.

Why am I not surprised ? Damn !! Was told that Greg was a VERY insecure guy. :/

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 07:21:05 AM »

There's the steroids, other drugs and ridiculous consumption of food combined with strenuous exercise to consider with Kovacs

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »
Nice Photoshop

X

I was at that show... Was just sad

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
I have a photo of Gregg and I at a party, I'd have to dig it up but I'm 6'3 and had Gregg by two inches. His arms were the size of my head...never saw arms that big on a person. He seemed like a grumpy guy the times I was around him. 

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »

When Kovacs finally died, he looked like Munzer.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
so abt Greg. I think fortress/OTH can validate a lot of this.

he was insanely strong. he'd set up 405+ in the squat rack w a seated bench and do his military presses like that. hed unrack it. sit down. do his set. stand back up and re rack it. he routinely worked w 6-7 plates a side for incline work in the smith machine. his shoulders and chest were beyond belief strong.

before he became known there was a powerlifting expo at a bbing show in niagara he was at. they were maxing out to one rep on their bench press to over 5 plates. when they had maxed out Greg came out of the audience in jeans workboots and a flannel shirt got under it and repped it out for mid teens reps. he got up and simply walked out after.

he was a victim of not knowing how big he was. x mentioned he used synthol. I know he used to put 10ml of cyp in each shoulder before a guest posing.  

ya it's def not healthy to carry around 400+ lbs but a lot of Greg's passing had a lot w his wife's managing of him. she was relentless in booking him for shows expos and whatnot so she basically ran the him into the ground cause those appearances and needing to be 'him' meant the doses that went with it.

there was a lot of talk abt his mental state before his passing. gossip and rumours of a suicide attempt. he cut his wrist on a broken pane of glass at work.

I've stood beside ronnie and jay cutler. ronnie is in a class by himself btw. but when it came to sheer physical size I have never seen a human as wide as Greg kovacs was. he was immense.

it's a shame cause from someone closest to him I got painted a picture of a guy who was one of the nicest guys you could ever hoped to have met but who was trapped in his own body which caused him also much unhappiness as well.

b

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2014, 01:37:16 PM »
Kovacs competed 5 times as a pro. In all 5 shows, he basically placed in tie for last place.

All the steroids he took... All ego & vanity.

What a waste of life.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
so abt Greg. I think fortress/OTH can validate a lot of this.

he was insanely strong. he'd set up 405+ in the squat rack w a seated bench and do his military presses like that. hed unrack it. sit down. do his set. stand back up and re rack it. he routinely worked w 6-7 plates a side for incline work in the smith machine. his shoulders and chest were beyond belief strong.

before he became known there was a powerlifting expo at a bbing show in niagara he was at. they were maxing out to one rep on their bench press to over 5 plates. when they had maxed out Greg came out of the audience in jeans workboots and a flannel shirt got under it and repped it out for mid teens reps. he got up and simply walked out after.

he was a victim of not knowing how big he was. x mentioned he used synthol. I know he used to put 10ml of cyp in each shoulder before a guest posing.  

ya it's def not healthy to carry around 400+ lbs but a lot of Greg's passing had a lot w his wife's managing of him. she was relentless in booking him for shows expos and whatnot so she basically ran the him into the ground cause those appearances and needing to be 'him' meant the doses that went with it.

there was a lot of talk abt his mental state before his passing. gossip and rumours of a suicide attempt. he cut his wrist on a broken pane of glass at work.

I've stood beside ronnie and jay cutler. ronnie is in a class by himself btw. but when it came to sheer physical size I have never seen a human as wide as Greg kovacs was. he was immense.

it's a shame cause from someone closest to him I got painted a picture of a guy who was one of the nicest guys you could ever hoped to have met but who was trapped in his own body which caused him also much unhappiness as well.

Thanks for sharing this, man. Only met Greg once and, unfortunately, that was at the Arnold Classic where he competed back in '04 ( ?? ). Looked absolutely terrible. I remember thinking that he, quite literally, looked like death. And I'm not trying to be funny here. Am quite serious. Was standing about 10 feet from him.

On a more positive note, Markus Ruhl was standing next to him with his signature jean jacket on that he use to wear back in the day. Looked HUMONGOUS !! Shoulders looked like he had stuffed 2 basketballs under his jacket. Lol.