Author Topic: New Metallica song  (Read 7999 times)

slayer

• Getbig IV
Re: New Metallica song
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »
And the black album as well, it's only sold 20 MILLION copies worldwide...

How do you haters not think that "Sad but True" isn't a classic song..
20 million sold to the jocks,cheerleaders,and new jersey quido's! ;)

metallica died in 1986 and should have became the lars and james band!

they are not metallica anymore , they are just a brand now.
the brand will always sell no matter how much of a piece of shit it is,,,,,,

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »
20 million sold to the jocks,cheerleaders,and new jersey quido's! ;)

metallica died in 1986 and should have became the lars and james band!

they are not metallica anymore , they are just a brand now.
the brand will always sell no matter how much of a piece of shit it is,,,,,,

Keep drinking the haterade bro, and listening to your shitty Slayer records.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
overated, track nomero 5[...]

Número cacho marica, número.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
Metallica's output is now in decline. I think the Black album set the standard too high for them.

I personally think they're breaking up soon. James and the Swedish guy I mean.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2008, 09:09:19 PM »
Metallica's output is now in decline. I think the Black album set the standard too high for them.

I personally think they're breaking up soon. James and the Swedish guy I mean.
oh lord , the black album ::)

let me guess you were a jockboy who though the black album was cool lol.....

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:35 AM »
oh lord , the black album ::)

let me guess you were a jockboy who though the black album was cool lol.....

There was probably 3 songs on that album that were good... The rest sucked.  Wherever I may Roam, Sandman, and Of Wolf and Man were the only songs I liked.

AJFO was their last great album... Everything after was pretty much crap.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 02:33:23 AM »
I almost can't believe this has happened though.  I actually like everything up until St. Anger.  Load and Reload and S&M are good by me.  They always put their Metallica spin on it and it's always good.  But St. Anger and so far DM don't even have that signature-the awesomeness signature which it seemed like James used to bring to the table almost inherintly.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »
There's another new Metallica tune up at metallica.com.  My Apocolypse.  Some of you might like it more, definitely a throw back to the old days-theirs some real good guitar work on it, actual real different kind of stuff for KH.  I actually started to really dig The Day That Never Comes.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 11:54:18 PM »
they suck hairy dog balls now :(
A

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »
I haven't hear it yet, but Lars is a fucking dick head.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 12:08:09 AM »
I haven't hear it yet, but Lars is a fucking dick head.

Fucck you.  Nobody cares what you think anyway.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »
Haha, would you not agree? Have you ever seen an interview with him? Do you know anything about them? And his famous cuntish streak? Thought not.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
Haha, would you not agree? Have you ever seen an interview with him? Do you know anything about them? And his famous cuntish streak? Thought not.
yeah he is a dick, so what? just don't buy his music.
A

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 11:47:37 PM »
There's another new Metallica tune up at metallica.com.  My Apocolypse.  Some of you might like it more, definitely a throw back to the old days-theirs some real good guitar work on it, actual real different kind of stuff for KH.  I actually started to really dig The Day That Never Comes.

sounds like they took the lyrics out of battery and added new ones to it.
 so if you like battery and want to hear a poor mans version of it, there it is :-\

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 04:28:04 AM »
it sucks, and I agree, Metallica died in 1986. Master of Puppets was their last good album.

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 05:57:45 AM »
yeah he is a dick, so what? just don't buy his music.

Okay.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 06:17:35 AM »
Heard it again and liked it better the second time.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 07:24:48 AM »
I've actually started liking the new song and I checked out YouTube and heard some of the other riffs that are coming up and I think they're gonna do ok on this one.  The band is absolutey huge.  Hetfield said on the radio the other day they intend to continue making music on into their 60's like the Rolling Stones have.  Plenty of time for redemption.  But listening to that XM channel you realize how VAST their catolog is.   

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 08:17:47 AM »
this is music

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:18 AM »
I was a fan through And Justice for All...then they became more mainstream and average.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »
I've actually started liking the new song and I checked out YouTube and heard some of the other riffs that are coming up and I think they're gonna do ok on this one.  The band is absolutey huge.  Hetfield said on the radio the other day they intend to continue making music on into their 60's like the Rolling Stones have.  Plenty of time for redemption.  But listening to that XM channel you realize how VAST their catolog is.   

I think it's gonna be better than st anger and reload, but not better than the first 5 obviously...
tank u jesus

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
There's another new Metallica tune up at metallica.com.  My Apocolypse.  Some of you might like it more, definitely a throw back to the old days-theirs some real good guitar work on it, actual real different kind of stuff for KH. 

It rocks:

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »
I take back what I said about The Day that Never Comes.  It's really grown on me now. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
Greatest band of all time!

The first four albums were great, "Kill'em All" being the 4th best of that group IMO. The "Black" album, just as good as Puppets or Justice. it has better production quality, that's the major difference in that album from the first four and for some reason some view this as wrong in the metal world...makes no sense. The "Black" album is as metal as any metal album ever.

"Load" & "Re-Load" good albums, but not as good as the first five...still good though. If any other band in the world had done either of those albums they would have been huge hits. Metallica is like an actor that gets type cast and if he ventures from that even slightly people hate it. "King Nothing" "Ain't My Bitch" "Fuel" "The Memory Remains" all fantastic songs.

"S&M" hit or miss, a few songs are actually better though on this album i.e. "No Leaf Clover" "Hero of the Day"

"Garage INC" decent cover album, "Mercyful Fate" Whiskey in the Jar" good songs.

"St. Anger" awful...even Metallica will admit this. Horrible production quality, even worse with the drums and that odd sounding snare they put in there...just plain bad.

"Death Magnetic" the first two songs released, there is nothing wrong with these songs. "The Day that Never Comes" very much along the lines of "Fade to Black" with the first half, and when it kicks in, some very familiar riffs comparable to "...And Justice for ALL." "My Apocalypse" very reminiscent of "Dyers Eve"...fantastic intro.

Metallica, greatest band of all time!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 08:22:17 PM »
Greatest band of all time!

The first four albums were great, "Kill'em All" being the 4th best of that group IMO. The "Black" album, just as good as Puppets or Justice. it has better production quality, that's the major difference in that album from the first four and for some reason some view this as wrong in the metal world...makes no sense. The "Black" album is as metal as any metal album ever.

"Load" & "Re-Load" good albums, but not as good as the first five...still good though. If any other band in the world had done either of those albums they would have been huge hits. Metallica is like an actor that gets type cast and if he ventures from that even slightly people hate it. "King Nothing" "Ain't My Bitch" "Fuel" "The Memory Remains" all fantastic songs.

"S&M" hit or miss, a few songs are actually better though on this album i.e. "No Leaf Clover" "Hero of the Day"

"Garage INC" decent cover album, "Mercyful Fate" Whiskey in the Jar" good songs.

"St. Anger" awful...even Metallica will admit this. Horrible production quality, even worse with the drums and that odd sounding snare they put in there...just plain bad.

"Death Magnetic" the first two songs released, there is nothing wrong with these songs. "The Day that Never Comes" very much along the lines of "Fade to Black" with the first half, and when it kicks in, some very familiar riffs comparable to "...And Justice for ALL." "My Apocalypse" very reminiscent of "Dyers Eve"...fantastic intro.

Metallica, greatest band of all time!

YOU KNOW YOUR FUCKING METALLICA!   :o

WELL SAID!    :D