Author Topic: McCain's broken marriage and fractured Reagan friendship  (Read 2055 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: McCain's broken marriage and fractured Reagan friendship
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 04:58:07 PM »

What ever dude.   Pretend you don't know what i'm talking about.

Doesn't change what Johnny Jukebox is.

I don't know what you're talking about.  Neither do you apparently. 

You're right:  doesn't change the fact that J. Sidney is a great American.  Not the ideal presidential candidate, but a great American. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about.  Neither do you apparently. 

You're right:  doesn't change the fact that J. Sidney is a great American.  Not the ideal presidential candidate, but a great American. 

yeah,  you do.  quit it already.   (roll eyes in a playful way)

BTW,  the worm you are putting on the hook isn't juicy enough.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »
LOL.  You expect me to debate a made-up issue regarding a non-existent set of facts??  Nice try.  Will not bite.  

Made up issue?

John McCain's infidelity is made up?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »
I never took you for a McCain apologist.   ;D

I don't have to have any idea what their marriage was like.  If he was a man of principle he would have never had an affair while he was married.   That's all i need to know to show me he's a weak man.  Not fit to run the country.

BTW,  I'm not going to shut the fvck up already.  I'm going to keep blowing this horn.  Cause BELIEVE ME, had this been Obama, you bunch of self righteous nipple whore fvcks would be all over him like hair on a gorilla.   ;) ;D

Why are you apologizing for this pandering whore scum bag anyway?
first off im not apologizing for him

way to not answer anyone of my questions, arent you married ozmo?
you think that your marriage could survive if you where apart from your wife for 5+ years?
was his character weak when he was a pow and refused early release so his friend could go home?

Arent you the one who said off shore drilling was a sucker issue for suckers? and now you bring this shit up  ::) LOL nice

They are both pandering whores, Look at obamas vp choice a supposed devout christian chooses a person who openly insults believers, lol both of them pander.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 05:10:25 PM »

yeah,  you do.  quit it already.   (roll eyes in a playful way)

BTW,  the worm you are putting on the hook isn't juicy enough.

Dude, you know I play Devil's Advocate a lot, but I'm not doing that right now.  If there was a "Family Values"  campaign in 2000, it was lost on me.  I didn't vote based on any family values campaign in 2000.  I primarily vote my pocket book.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 05:12:01 PM »
Made up issue?

John McCain's infidelity is made up?

No.  You saying I would be criticizing Obama if he had an affair 30 years ago is a made-up issue. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 05:19:33 PM »
You mentioned the "the Family Values campaign in 2000."  Sorry, never heard of it.  Sounds like you don't know what it is.  Why ask me if the "campaign" worked for me if you don't even know what it is?  

J. Sidney is a great American.   :)
I think he's alluding to the Moral Majority, Paul Weyrich, Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy, Tim LaHaye and the American Coalition for Traditional Values, James Dobson and the Family Research Council and all the other like minded Family Values groups that acted as unpaid Bush campaign support.

But if we recall the 2000 election, the 'family values' crowd was muzzled and closeted to make way for the Uniter...a compassionate conservative embracing all americans.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »
first off im not apologizing for him

Yes you are:
You have no idea what their marraige was like, you have no idea what happend in their marraige so do us a favor and drop it. You think you could have a succesful marriage if you where away from you wife for 5 years?

Apologizing is exactly what you are doing.  And i might say, you are doing it better than your garden variety liberal.  

way to not answer anyone of my questions, arent you married ozmo?
you think that your marriage could survive if you where apart from your wife for 5+ years?
was his character weak when he was a pow and refused early release so his friend could go home?

I'm sorry about the questions.  I thought they were rhetorical.   ;D

I'd be thrilled to answer them.  

Q:  You think that your marriage could survive if you where apart from your wife for 5+ years?
A:  Don't know.  Many POW's marriage did and many didn't.   but that's not the issue is it?  the issue is whether or not McCain is a man who will stand behind sound principles.  And the answer is as plain as the signatures on the marriage certificate.

Q:  Was his character weak when he was a pow and refused early release so his friend could go home?
A:  Character issue here isn't whether or not he was unselfish while as a POW.  The question is whether or not he can be trusted to stand for a principle.  In this case it's the principle of the sanctity and integrity of marriage.  He showed he has no integrity when it came to that.   As many many other politicians have shown.  But yet it doesn't change the fact that's plain wrong and WEAK of him.

Arent you the one who said off shore drilling was a sucker issue for suckers? and now you bring this shit up   LOL nice

Really?  A guy who you may vote for to be in the white house cheated on his wife and that's not an important issue to consider as far as his character and integrity goes?

You would be ok with some one who didn't respect the sanctity of marriage?  Of marriage before God?

And you'll trust this guys integrity with other things?

And the 74 flips i listed on the other thread.

this boy is a whore plain and simple.

They are both pandering whores, Look at obamas vp choice a supposed devout christian chooses a person who openly insults believers, lol both of them pander.

Yes they both pander.  but McCain whored himself out to get the nomination.  Obama stayed true to his pimp.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »
I think he's alluding to the Moral Majority, Paul Weyrich, Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy, Tim LaHaye and the American Coalition for Traditional Values, James Dobson and the Family Research Council and all the other like minded Family Values groups that acted as unpaid Bush campaign support.

But if we recall the 2000 election, the 'family values' crowd was muzzled and closeted to make way for the Uniter...a compassionate conservative embracing all americans.

SHHHHHHHHH

You are giving him hints.   ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 06:27:40 PM »
Yes you are:
Apologizing is exactly what you are doing.  And i might say, you are doing it better than your garden variety liberal.  

I'm sorry about the questions.  I thought they were rhetorical.   ;D

I'd be thrilled to answer them.  

Q:  You think that your marriage could survive if you where apart from your wife for 5+ years?
A:  Don't know.  Many POW's marriage did and many didn't.   but that's not the issue is it?  the issue is whether or not McCain is a man who will stand behind sound principles.  And the answer is as plain as the signatures on the marriage certificate.

Q:  Was his character weak when he was a pow and refused early release so his friend could go home?
A:  Character issue here isn't whether or not he was unselfish while as a POW.  The question is whether or not he can be trusted to stand for a principle.  In this case it's the principle of the sanctity and integrity of marriage.  He showed he has no integrity when it came to that.   As many many other politicians have shown.  But yet it doesn't change the fact that's plain wrong and WEAK of him.

Really?  A guy who you may vote for to be in the white house cheated on his wife and that's not an important issue to consider as far as his character and integrity goes?

You would be ok with some one who didn't respect the sanctity of marriage?  Of marriage before God?

And you'll trust this guys integrity with other things?

And the 74 flips i listed on the other thread.

this boy is a whore plain and simple.

Yes they both pander.  but McCain whored himself out to get the nomination.  Obama stayed true to his pimp.
i agree what he did was shitty but again you know nothing about their situation and shouldnt make judgements on what you hear on cnn. So his integrity and character only come into account when it is in the context of marriage but not letting his friend go home before him b/c there was an agreement among pow's? LOL assinine...everybody flips and flops or repositions I would like to see what amount of time was in between those flops and what events transpired between then as well.

Character and intergrity are very important but i seriously doubt you where running around here like a chicken with your head cut off yelling for clintons impeachment when he cheated while in office in the fuking oval office.

Alot and i mean ALOT OF PPL CHEAT that doesnt mean they are morally bankrupt individuals and that they have a bad character.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 06:57:26 PM »
i agree what he did was shitty but again you know nothing about their situation and shouldnt make judgements on what you hear on cnn. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I never heard it on CNN.   I heard right here on GETBIG!  Well it was linked to some site.  Not CNN!

So his integrity and character only come into account when it is in the context of marriage but not letting his friend go home before him b/c there was an agreement among pow's?

I think is is rhetorical, but to be safe, I'll answer it anyway.  with a question......  ;D

How much character does a person have who murders children AND gives millions to charities?

My point is, that McCain isn't a total scum bag that belongs in prison.  My point is that he has character flaws.  Flaws that should be taken into account if he is going to be the leader of America.   And these flaws are an issue.

LOL assinine...everybody flips and flops or repositions I would like to see what amount of time was in between those flops and what events transpired between then as well.

Yeah,  check it out.  some of those things i see as principles that changed.  Makes him suspect as to his resolve.  what does the man stand for and will he stand for it when it counts for America and not necessarily for him?  That's the issue.

Character and intergrity are very important but i seriously doubt you where running around here like a chicken with your head cut off yelling for clintons impeachment when he cheated while in office in the fuking oval office.

What cracks me up is you thinking i was a Clinton supporter.  I voted for BUSH sr.   And didn't vote in 1996.  I wasn't really involved as much in politics as much until 2000 when BUSH took office.  And i didn't have any complaints about BUSH until he invaded Iraq.  since I've been as involved in politics as i have ever been.   When the Clinton Cigar chronicles came out I thought it was terrible and really was down on him for it.  My son, who was 7 at the time, i think, was really confused and disillusioned by it.  It was hard to explain it tto him in a way that didn't make him lose complete faith in our country's leaders.  Integrity in leadership to me is very important.  And it should be to everyone.  I think Clinton was a better president overall than BUSH by far.  But that doesn't make me much of a supporter.  I like Reagan the best.  But then i was the most naive back then.

Impeaching and taking up issue with why to vote for someone are 2 different things.  I don't think he should have been impeached.  And then again i didn't vote for him either.
Alot and i mean ALOT OF PPL CHEAT that doesnt mean they are morally bankrupt individuals and that they have a bad character.

Sorry I completely differ with you there.  I wouldn't go as far to say they are ALL morally bankrupt.  But they have serious integrity issues and character flaws.  Such that they shouldn't be president.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 07:08:59 PM »
LOL wow you shouldnt compare cheating with killing children and giving up a chance to leave a living hell and passing it up so your buddy can go to giving away millions...your overstating one and understating another.

I agree that he has character flaws but this would be next to last on the list that would worry me about him.

And in terms of character flaws i would rank obama attending a church that had racist views and having a wife that holds racist views as of much more importance than a cheating spouse but thats my personal opinion and im sure you wont agree but hey...

and i never said you supported clinton

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »
LOL wow you shouldnt compare cheating with killing children and giving up a chance to leave a living hell and passing it up so your buddy can go to giving away millions...your overstating one and understating another.

That's not my intent.  My intent is to show that good things people do, do not cancel out the bad things they do.

I agree that he has character flaws but this would be next to last on the list that would worry me about him.

It should be a huge issue.  Character governs actions.  You don't agree?

And in terms of character flaws i would rank obama attending a church that had racist views and having a wife that holds racist views as of much more importance than a cheating spouse but thats my personal opinion and im sure you wont agree but hey.

I agree about the Wright thing.

Where is it that Michelle has racists views?
and i never said you supported clinton

It seems like you assumed that i would let Clinton off the hook and because of that i assume you thought i supported him.  I don't know that i did or didn't.  I just think he did a better job of things than BUSH.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
That's not my intent.  My intent is to show that good things people do, do not cancel out the bad things they do.

It should be a huge issue.  Character governs actions.  You don't agree?

I agree about the Wright thing.

Where is it that Michelle has racists views?
It seems like you assumed that i would let Clinton off the hook and because of that i assume you thought i supported him.  I don't know that i did or didn't.  I just think he did a better job of things than BUSH.
I got your point i was just saying the analogy was poor, and i agree but ppl's entire character shouldnt be judged by one incident as well.

I agree character governs actions to an extent in daily lives but not always in business which is what this is.

In Michelles thesis she stated that should would use her resources to help African americans first and foremost.

I was implying that the reason that this gets you all riled up is that you would probably want obama rather than mccain to win the election and that it wasnt as big a deal for you when clinton did it or at least you didnt make as big a deal of it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
I got your point i was just saying the analogy was poor, and i agree but ppl's entire character shouldnt be judged by one incident as well.

I agree character governs actions to an extent in daily lives but not always in business which is what this is.

In Michelles thesis she stated that should would use her resources to help African americans first and foremost.

I was implying that the reason that this gets you all riled up is that you would probably want obama rather than mccain to win the election and that it wasnt as big a deal for you when clinton did it or at least you didnt make as big a deal of it.

I want a primary "do over" in both parties actually!

I honestly don't know if I'm going to vote for either of them.