Author Topic: stronger than mesomorph?  (Read 6489 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: stronger than mesomorph?
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »
What was the correlation between size and strength again?
I hate the State.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 06:50:58 AM »
definetly stronger on the deadlift... if those are 45's
but not even close on the dips...
strong guy though
 8)

yeah they are 45s.  Those are the exact 45s I have seen at many gyms in NYC.  I couldn't remember how many plates you did on your dips.  Was it the same number of plates for a lot more reps?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:02:47 AM »
That cant be real....

HHAHAHAHAHA...Jealousy is a Mutha Fucka
C

io856

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 03:29:29 AM »
Wow, thats incredible bro.

Nice lifting keep it up

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 03:41:59 AM »
doesn't look as strong as he is.
idd, kind of removes the purpose of being that strong when you look like you dont even lift in clothes.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 04:08:50 AM »
idd, kind of removes the purpose of being that strong when you look like you dont even lift in clothes.
WHATS WRONG WITH 140LBS BENCHING 350LBS?

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:26 AM »
i'm a guy of average strength around the 185-190 lb range, if i wanted to get a hernia i could have that many 45s on @ a time too and do it for 2 1/2 reps with better form than this guy.  Heck, i bet anyone on getbig who's been lifting for a few years could do that too, probably guys much bigger than me could actually get away with doing that weight for reps, johnnie jackson does. This guy's another one of those dudes at the gym who does partial reps or low reps and never improves his form, so he always goes up in weight regardless because he's not looking to do it correctly.  When he's pulled his back and his groin and countless other things, real gym rats will have the last laugh.

I am impressed though by his grip strength, thats something i couldn't replicate.
Right I'm sure everyone can deadlift 655 if they really wanted to..... ::)

If that's legit then that guy is crazy strong for his size, only thing big on him is his chest. Bad form just makes that even more impressive to me cause thats just being cock strong, nothing fancy about it.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »
i'm a guy of average strength around the 185-190 lb range, if i wanted to get a hernia i could have that many 45s on @ a time too and do it for 2 1/2 reps with better form than this guy.  Heck, i bet anyone on getbig who's been lifting for a few years could do that too, probably guys much bigger than me could actually get away with doing that weight for reps, johnnie jackson does. This guy's another one of those dudes at the gym who does partial reps or low reps and never improves his form, so he always goes up in weight regardless because he's not looking to do it correctly.  When he's pulled his back and his groin and countless other things, real gym rats will have the last laugh.

I am impressed though by his grip strength, thats something i couldn't replicate.
::) epic jealousy, nothing wrong with that deadlift at all.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 07:53:58 AM »
the only guys who knock this lift are the ones who put a 25 and a 5 on each side and knock out sets of 28 with perfect form for a "mind-muscle" connection.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 07:56:32 AM »
the only guys who knock this lift are the ones who put a 25 and a 5 on each side and knock out sets of 28 with perfect form for a "mind-muscle" connection.
exactly, that's the first thing the little bitches do when they see a dude moving ungodly weight, "he's gonna hurt himself", "low reps don't build size", "i could do that too if i used horrible form but i'd rather pull 135 with the perfect form and mind-muscle connection", "i'm a bodybuilder not a powerlifter" and all the other bullshit excuses. ::)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
is that 6 plates and a 35?

RC Money

• Getbig III
  • I don't knock on doors...I knock doors down.
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »
exactly, that's the first thing the little bitches do when they see a dude moving ungodly weight, "he's gonna hurt himself", "low reps don't build size", "i could do that too if i used horrible form but i'd rather pull 135 with the perfect form and mind-muscle connection", "i'm a bodybuilder not a powerlifter" and all the other bullshit excuses. ::)
You could not be more correct, people use form as an excuse when using good form usually helps you get more weight when you are at that level of strength. And if you can lift way more then, "you're gonna hurt your self" or "wait till he's forty plus"...bunch a homos.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 08:26:30 AM »
That is a real lift.

Strong mofo for sure.

I bet he's bigger if you stood next to him.

Pulling 600+ at low bodyfat is very impressive.

8)