Author Topic: Dorian Yates at his best VS Ronnie Coleman at his best : who would win?  (Read 78631 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Dorian Yates at his best VS Ronnie Coleman at his best : who would win?
« Reply #350 on: September 06, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »
I love how the nuthuggers try and hide the fact that dorian LOST the contest to Haney, because haney could match his back and size BUT had better aesthetics and symmetry.

just like peak Ronnie would.

haney beat yates for all the same reason that peak ronnie would.

the judges made it clear that size + symmetry will always win out on simply just size with ugly keg like aesthetics..

Symmtery FYI include muscle balance & proportion and size means dense size not soft size , Dorian would walk all over Hney at his best in his 93 form so much for symmetry and aesthetics

ninja turtle

• Getbig II
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »
Barack would win

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2008, 09:47:26 AM »
Barack would win

he's got bigger calves than Ronnie too

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2008, 10:58:40 AM »
all the tricep curls finally paid off.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
too bad Ronnie was playing a newer game, of size + condition + shape: :-\
thats not dorian at his best though. be fair.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2008, 11:01:47 AM »
Symmtery FYI include muscle balance & proportion and size means dense size not soft size

yes, and dorian's arms are way way undersized for his physique, his calves are overssized (poor proportions)

and if you think this is 'soft size' you are a fucking idiot:

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: September 06, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
yes, and dorian's arms are way way undersized for his physique, his calves are overssized (poor proportions)

and if you think this is 'soft size' you are a fucking idiot:

::)

Soft size compared to Dorian Yates  ;)

Dorian's arms aren't undersized for his physique more ignorant blanket statements from YOU and his calves are in perfect proportion with his quads , shows how much YOU know

and included in symmetry is muscle balance & proportion , upper & lower body balance , torso length , arm length in relation to the torso , leg length in relation to the torso , biceps. triceps and forearms ALL in proportion with each other , calves in proportion with quads , hamstrings in proportion with the quads ( when viewed in profile ) deltoids proprtion in relation to the arms , there are MANY factors involved with symmetry kid NOT just what you THINK looks better on a person and to top it all off ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS

I will continue to point out your ignorance on how competitive bodybuilding is judged

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #357 on: September 06, 2008, 12:35:57 PM »
I love how the nuthuggers try and hide the fact that dorian LOST the contest to Haney, because haney could match his back and size BUT had better aesthetics and symmetry.

just like peak Ronnie would.

haney beat yates for all the same reason that peak ronnie would.

the judges made it clear that size + symmetry will always win out on simply just size with ugly keg like aesthetics..

exactly, Haney had worse conditioning and proportion than Dorian but had better size, symmetry, and shape. Ronnie has the same advantages and disadvantages. If we look at the precedent set by the judges in 91, then it's logical to conclude that Ronnie would beat Dorian.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: September 06, 2008, 12:37:37 PM »
exactly, Haney had worse conditioning and proportion than Dorian but had better size, symmetry, and shape. Ronnie has the same advantages and disadvantages. If we look at the precedent set by the judges in 91, then it's logical to conclude that Ronnie would beat Dorian.

what would have happened if Yates 93 competed against Haney? Haney would be left for dead so would Ronnie

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #359 on: September 06, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »
what would have happened if Yates 93 competed against Haney? Haney would be left for dead so would Ronnie

doesn't matter b/c it never happened. That's like saying "what would have happened if 01 ASC Ronnie or 03 Ronnie competed against Dorian?" Your boy would have lost and this wouldn't even be a discussion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »
I love how you always try to connect the dots , if Ronnie's calves in 03 were comparable to Jay then they would be to Dorian LMFAO

Dorian at 269 pounds would crush little Ronnie from 01/98/99 with superior muscular bulk , unmatched density , greater balance & proportion and better posing & presentation

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2008, 12:42:35 PM »
hahahaha, "little Ronnie" ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »
I love how you always try to connect the dots , if Ronnie's calves in 03 were comparable to Jay then they would be to Dorian LMFAO

Dorian at 269 pounds would crush little Ronnie from 01/98/99 with superior muscular bulk , unmatched density , greater balance & proportion and better posing & presentation

haha all you have is noncontest pics to support your weak argument :D

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2008, 12:44:32 PM »
doesn't matter b/c it never happened. That's like saying "what would have happened if 01 ASC Ronnie or 03 Ronnie competed against Dorian?" Your boy would have lost and this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Sure it matters because Yates wasn't at his best yet , Haney won because he was bigger and was in the shape of his life and Dorian wasn't at his best

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
hahahaha, "little Ronnie" ::)
pay attention to the argument little 1998/2001/1999

Yates would make that Ronnie look soft  ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »
Sure it matters because Yates wasn't at his best yet , Haney won because he was bigger and was in the shape of his life and Dorian wasn't at his best

funny how this doesn't matter when ronnie and dorian competed against each other :-\

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »
haha all you have is noncontest pics to support your weak argument :D

E

Hey looks like I'm in a lot of people minds today  ;)  

it doesn't matter if its noncontest what matters is how does he look? he could have won the 1993 Olympia looking like that , he's harder than at 269 pounds than many guys competing today at the same bodyweights

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:08 PM »
funny how this doesn't matter when ronnie and dorian competed against each other :-\

E

Says who? you? I never said it doesn't matter please find that post among the many other claims you've made which were just not true

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #368 on: September 06, 2008, 12:49:18 PM »
Hey looks like I'm in a lot of people minds today  ;)  

it doesn't matter if its noncontest what matters is how does he look? he could have won the 1993 Olympia looking like that , he's harder than at 269 pounds than many guys competing today at the same bodyweights

yes you are in my mind, it's fun owning you 8)

yes contests matter, i guess dennis james should be in the argument of "best bodybuilder" since he looks good in the gym ::)

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: September 06, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »
yes you are in my mind, it's fun owning you 8)

yes contests matter, i guess dennis james should be in the argument of "best bodybuilder" since he looks good in the gym ::)

E

The only one you own is yourself and I own you because now you're reduced to following ME around like my puppies  ;)

well you make that argument about James , he's no Yates

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #370 on: September 06, 2008, 12:51:45 PM »
Says who? you? I never said it doesn't matter please find that post among the many other claims you've made which were just not true

you said right above that dorian wasn't at his best when he competed against haney, yet you seem to disregard the fact that ronnie wasn't at his best when he competed against dorian, using that as part of your "dorian is better" argument ::)

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2008, 12:53:30 PM »
you said right above that dorian wasn't at his best when he competed against haney, yet you seem to disregard the fact that ronnie wasn't at his best when he competed against dorian, using that as part of your "dorian is better" argument ::)

E

Oh I really seen to disregard Ronnie wasn't his best ? you're not to sophisticated I mentioned three tears POST when he competed against Yates 98/99/01 did I not?

more brutal selfownage by Earl lol

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »
The only one you own is yourself and I own you because now you're reduced to following ME around like my puppies  ;)

well you make that argument about James , he's no Yates

right anybody that responds to your nonsense is "following" you ;)

don't forget you went "eons" without posting in the Levrone thread then all of a sudden you appear with a pic title "levrowned", a word I created 8)

all that matters is what a guy looks like at a contest, all pros look great standing by themselves

besides the pics of ronnie in the gym are better

E
E

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2008, 12:55:34 PM »

I love how you resort to lying when you are losing an argument.

HD: "I can't win this debate through logic and wit so I will pull shit from my ass to make my opponent look dumb."

I never said Ronnie's calves in 03 were comparable to Dorian's.

yawn

Joe Weider

"Many experts, including reigning Mr.Olympia, Jay Cutler, believe that at his best Ronnie has the greatest physique of all-time. When looking at pictures of Ronnie from the 1998 Mr.Olympia, I find it hard to argue with that."

Team Flex – http://www.flexonline.com/training/49

“We've said before that the 245 pounds or so physique with which [Ronnie Coleman] won the 2001 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic is the best ever — unbeatable."

Lonnie Teper - MD, December 2005

"I've always said that it's too hard to compare athletes of different eras (then he names a few Mr. Olympias including Dorian). Still, it's hard to imagine that anybody who's ever stepped on a bodybuilding stage could have beaten Coleman. So I reserve the right to change my mind on this one. No offense to the rest of the champs - you were/are all truly amazing physique athletes - but Coleman has really taken it to the next level, as all magnificent conquerors do."

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »

neither was Ronnie when he competed against Dorian but I don't see that stopping you from using that in your argument, hypocrite. ;)