Author Topic: Is this the WORST Most-Muscular shot of ANY Mr. Olympia winner?  (Read 10359 times)

Antony77

• Getbig II
Re: Is this the WORST Most-Muscular shot of ANY Mr. Olympia winner?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
The black and white offseason photos of Dorian don't count because he wasn't able to bring even close to that size and fullness to the stage just a few months later. I think most people would agree that Dorian over dieted to the extreme which is a pity because he would have a set a new standard for size and fullness but after that it didn't matter if he learnt from his dieting mistakes cause he started tearing muscles all over the place and could never catch that look again.

I don't like his most muscular at all after the bicep tear because his arms lacked size and fullness. I mean they never had very much separation but at least they were thick before the tear.
Here's a shot of him in 94 post tear.

And here's a 93 shot pre tear and he looks much better and thicker.

Ronnie had a very awesome MM. Here's a pic of him from 98 where he wasn't at his biggest.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »
ronnie and dorian are two completely dif. physiques both were great and both set a new standard to follow.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »
The black and white offseason photos of Dorian don't count because he wasn't able to bring even close to that size and fullness to the stage just a few months later. I think most people would agree that Dorian over dieted to the extreme which is a pity because he would have a set a new standard for size and fullness but after that it didn't matter if he learnt from his dieting mistakes cause he started tearing muscles all over the place and could never catch that look again.

I don't like his most muscular at all after the bicep tear because his arms lacked size and fullness. I mean they never had very much separation but at least they were thick before the tear.

And here's a 93 shot pre tear and he looks much better and thicker.

Ronnie had a very awesome MM. Here's a pic of him from 98 where he wasn't at his biggest.

lmao they don't count says who you? and you're once again DEAD WRONG about Yates not being able to bring that size & fullness to the stage , 1997 he was at the prejudging 270 pounds and by the night show 274 he was huge , full and hard as nails his problem in 1997 wasn't any of the fore mentioned it was tears

the black & white 1993 pictures do count for a very good reason because they show Dorian at his best and why? because he was massive everywhere even his biceps were huge Dorian carried his weight very well and his conditioning never really suffered for it. Dorian admittedly came in depleted in 1992 because he wanted to be razor sharp because he was unsure of how the judges would go and with super-sharp guys like Labrada and Ray and Levrone competing he didn't tale any chances and he was still realtively huge at 242 pounds , in 1993 he did the same to an extent because in the black & whites he was 269 pounds and dieted down to the show at 257 pounds and in the process lost a lot of muscle . and Dorian did set the standard for size in fullness in 1993 he was 270 pounds with unequaled conditioned NO ONE was even close to him back then

contests aren't judged on what YOU like after the tear in 1994 his arms were almost the same size as 1993 with the exception of one bicep being shorter than the other see the side-by-sides of the 93/94 so once again you're dead wrong and the most muscular is a pose is judged the same as every other in terms of all rounds are physique rounds , so everything is taken into consideration , muscular bulk , density . dryness , balance , proportion , posing , presentation , completeness , so while you think he loses this pose when you take everything into account he still wins , ever wonder why Dorian never lost a symmetry round? despite never having the most ' symmetrical ' physique? see all rounds are physique rounds

Ronnie did have a awesome most muscular however so did a lot of people Dorian dominated

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »
Dorian couldn't look this good with all the drugs in the world. :o

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »
Dorian couldn't look this good with all the drugs in the world. :o

Dorian doesn't need to look like Ronnie to crush Ronnie , all he has to do is look like Dorian and never placing belowe second place in ANY contest and losing just twice his whole career I'd say it worked out pretty well for him

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 01:35:30 PM »
Ronnie couldn't look this good with all the drugs in the world. :o
;)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 01:36:34 PM »
;)

hahaha, if you think Dorian is even half as big and shredded as Coleman in that shot you're on hallucinogens.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 01:43:35 PM »
hahaha, if you think Dorian is even half as big and shredded as Coleman in that shot you're on hallucinogens.

Dave you're ignorant about competitive bodybuilding and its ok I'm ignorant about quantum mechanics the difference is I don't talk about as if I know what I'm stating , you do  ;)

Dorian is easily the better conditioned of the two based on those two pics , Ronnie is HUGE and soft Dorian is HUGE and hard thats the difference if you prefer the former more power to you but that doesn't change facts.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
Dave you're ignorant about competitive bodybuilding and its ok I'm ignorant about quantum mechanics the difference is I don't talk about as if I know what I'm stating , you do  ;)

Dorian is easily the better conditioned of the two based on those two pics , Ronnie is HUGE and soft Dorian is HUGE and hard thats the difference if you prefer the former more power to you but that doesn't change facts.
hahahaha, yes Ronnie is "soft" in this shot. ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 01:46:24 PM »

There HAS to be drugs involved with this dumbass, and whatever they are i want some. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 01:58:14 PM »
hahahaha, yes Ronnie is "soft" in this shot. ;D

He's soft compared to that pic I posted and soft compared to his lighter versions you'd know this if you knew anything about competitive bodybuilding

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 02:06:15 PM »
How has this not been mentioned yet?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »
How has this not been mentioned yet?

NO they're on a multi-thread Yates hater spree

good point

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 02:22:55 PM »
Big Fags, why is nasshole even in this thread?

this is about Mr Olympia winners, not about Mr. used undergarments

Antony77

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »
lmao they don't count says who you?
Yes me. It wasn't the voices in your head.

and you're once again DEAD WRONG about Yates not being able to bring that size & fullness to the stage , 1997 he was at the prejudging 270 pounds and by the night show 274 he was huge , full and hard as nails his problem in 1997 wasn't any of the fore mentioned it was tears

Yeah in 97 he was just as big with the same fullness as in those black and white offseason photos. Is there oxygen on your planet? He looks like shit in 97 with tiny ripped up arms and his big gut which is probably why he weighed as much as he did. And his conditioning wasn't as good as in previous years, even his back was less impressive in fact all his muscles were since he was badly injured and couldn't go all out when traininig.

the black & white 1993 pictures do count for a very good reason because they show Dorian at his best and why? because he was massive everywhere even his biceps were huge Dorian carried his weight very well and his conditioning never really suffered for it. in 1993 he did the same to an extent because in the black & whites he was 269 pounds and dieted down to the show at 257 pounds and in the process lost a lot of muscle . and Dorian did set the standard for size in fullness in 1993 he was 270 pounds with unequaled conditioned NO ONE was even close to him back then

Let me spell it out for you, they don't count because he could never bring that physique to the stage ever. He looked like that for a very, very short period of time and then was never able to repeat that look ever again even in the offseason.
Bodybuilders should be compared by the contest package they bring to the stage otherwise Dennis James would be the uncrowned Mr Olympia because of all the great shots of him posing in the parking lot. It just doesn't work that way no matter how much you want it to.
And you have mentioned a number of times in other Ronnie vs Dorian threads that photos lie (and that would be contest photos) so why are the old Black and White shots of Dorian completely trustworthy? Oh that's right they are your main defence so if they support you then they have to be 100% reliable.

and the most muscular is a pose is judged the same as every other in terms of all rounds are physique rounds , so everything is taken into consideration , muscular bulk , density . dryness , balance , proportion , posing , presentation , completeness , so while you think he loses this pose when you take everything into account he still wins , ever wonder why Dorian never lost a symmetry round? despite never having the most ' symmetrical ' physique? see all rounds are physique

Yeah I do wonder why he never lost a symmetry round when competing against the likes of Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray and others. Even in 97 when he had really bad arms and a big gut although maybe the fact that Dorian had a habit of befriending judges (Steve Weinberger) and lived and trained with that judge for 3 weeks before each contest had something to do with it.

As for Dorian winning because of muscular bulk, density, balance , proportion, posing, and presentation. That's bullshit he was constantly beaten from the front but was saved by his back and side tricep poses, so yeah taking everything into account his most muscular was not the most impressive on stage same with other poses from the front. Rear latspread he wins, side triceps as well, etc. Here are some pics of him getting owned hard from the front and there are many more.

after the tear in 1994 his arms were almost the same size as 1993
Nice try but his bicep looked like complete shit after the tear and the other one quickly followed suit.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »

Yeah in 97 he was just as big with the same fullness as in those black and white offseason photos. Is there oxygen on your planet? He looks like shit in 97 with tiny ripped up arms and his big gut which is probably why he weighed as much as he did. And his conditioning wasn't as good as in previous years, even his back was less impressive in fact all his muscles were since he was badly injured and couldn't go all out when traininig.

Let me spell it out for you, they don't count because he could never bring that physique to the stage ever. He looked like that for a very, very short period of time and then was never able to repeat that look ever again even in the offseason.
Bodybuilders should be compared by the contest package they bring to the stage otherwise Dennis James would be the uncrowned Mr Olympia because of all the great shots of him posing in the parking lot. It just doesn't work that way no matter how much you want it to.
And you have mentioned a number of times in other Ronnie vs Dorian threads that photos lie (and that would be contest photos) so why are the old Black and White shots of Dorian completely trustworthy? Oh that's right they are your main defence so if they support you then they have to be 100% reliable.

Yeah I do wonder why he never lost a symmetry round when competing against the likes of Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray and others. Even in 97 when he had really bad arms and a big gut although maybe the fact that Dorian had a habit of befriending judges (Steve Weinberger) and lived and trained with that judge for 3 weeks before each contest had something to do with it.

As for Dorian winning because of muscular bulk, density, balance , proportion, posing, and presentation. That's bullshit he was constantly beaten from the front but was saved by his back and side tricep poses, so yeah taking everything into account his most muscular was not the most impressive on stage same with other poses from the front. Rear latspread he wins, side triceps as well, etc. Here are some pics of him getting owned hard from the front and there are many more.

Nice try but his bicep looked like complete shit after the tear and the other one quickly followed suit.

and you're who? just another fan-boy  ;) a biased one at that who's already reduced Yates to nothing but a special back

I don't count because you say so LMFAO the debate which you know is who at their best NOT who at their best contest showing and in the opinions of many people who are much more knowledgeable than yourself this version of Yates is among his very best ever onstage or off and you're DEAD WRONG yet again about him never being able to match that shape ever again even offseason you are on a WRONG streak lol see pictures NONE of which are from the 93 photoshoot with the black socks  ;)

And what does Dennis James have to do with Dorian Yates? NOTHING Yates could maintain his conditioning at higher bodyweights and like many bodybuilder James can't seem to find that perfect combo

on the topic of pictures NOT being always truthful that's true and why can we trust the black & whites? because................. ......of the eyewitness testimony that accompanied it  ;) and what is there not to trust? he simply looks better with more weight that's obvious the thing we can't always trust is the conditioning from pictures which is why an intelligent person would take it on the authority of another a very well respected other Peter McGough who described those pics as the same thing he the first time he seen Sergio Oliva and that speaks volumes

Well allow me to teach YOU how bodybuilding is judged , see all rounds are physique rounds which means NO round in judged as individual distinct rounds symmetry alone is NOT just as a separate and distinct entity in the symmetry round , muscularity is not judged as a separate and distinct entity in the muscularity round the same with the posing rounds , ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE rounds

when judging a contest in ANY round the judge looks at every single bit of the criteria at once in every single mandatory pose , muscular bulk , muscle density , muscle dryness , muscle balance , muscle proportion , posing , presentation , completeness. and its the competitor who meets ALL of this criteria the best is the winner , so while guys like Shawn Ray have great ' symmetry ' they're down in muscular bulk and balance they're not going to win , a guy like Nasser who has great muscular bulk but doesn't have great density & completeness he's not going to win

and your default position of judges is laughable I've explained to you Weinberger judged Yates once in his career and placed him second behind Momo so thats what it is , nonsense

No its NOT bullshit that's a FACT 13 individual judges all came to the same conclusion using the criteria they must adhere to , and sure Yates got owned in 1997 from the front sans latspread but he simply accumulated MORE of the mandatory poses and won the contest

Boy you really know how to stick to the topic , it was 1993/1994 GET IT? and I posted a side-by-side of the two years his arms are almost the same size with the exception of one bicep being shorter than the other , same with 1995 as well , 1996 his arms were smaller than usual and 1997 he was a wreck but my original point stands and you're proven wrong as usual

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »
NONE of these are from that 93 photoshoot either

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »
yeah and they look liike garbage..

a front lat spread with zero detail

a single arm bi shot with an arm two sizes too small. dorian seems to be disappointed in his peashooter arrm lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 05:28:09 PM »
yeah and they look liike garbage..

a front lat spread with zero detail

a single arm bi shot with an arm two sizes too small. dorian seems to be disappointed in his peashooter arrm lol

see troll then see fail , you know your way.  ;)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
Dorian doesn't need to look like Ronnie to crush Ronnie , all he has to do is look like Dorian and never placing belowe second place in ANY contest and losing just twice his whole career I'd say it worked out pretty well for him

And with that, you just owned every Dorian hater on this board. ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
And with that, you just owned every Dorian hater on this board. ;D
:)

Great post !

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »

Makes more sense than all of ND's babblings combined ROFL

johnny

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »
NONE of these are from that 93 photoshoot either
Hey ND is that lat spread (front and back) from off-season 1992 b4 the MR O? i think i recall when those 2 shots side by side came out in flex mag, when Franco had mentioned some rubbish about the then current crop having no backs, lat spreads etc..and to a effect that was Dorians responce?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »
Yes.. His left bicep is missing.