Author Topic: The TRUTH about America.  (Read 20817 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The TRUTH about America.
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2008, 04:05:46 PM »
MCWAY,

How can I argue against your assertion that the Jesus myth is not astrological in nature when you begin from a position of infallible certainty and work backwards by filtering out any evidence to the contrary?

Still using that pitiful (and inaccurate excuse). I didn't begin from a position of "infallible certainty". What I did was post the backgrounds of the characters from which you claim Jesus Christ was crafted. From there, I showed categorically that their story DO NOT MATCH that of Christ in the least.

This is part of the problem with America... militant ignorance.

I assert that the general consensus among bible scholars supports an astrological root for the Jesus myth... that can't be genuinely refuted as the parallels between the Jesus myth and the antecedent Mystery Religion are so obvious and compelling no proper academic disputes the link: simply put, the Jesus Myth is just another version of the astrologically based Mystery Religion.

But somehow you feel that deliberately misconstruing my argument by contrasting the FOLKLORE version of the Attis/Mithras/Dionysus story with the Jesus story constitutes cogent argument... again, it is the ASTROLOGICAL MYSTERY version of the Attis/Mithras/Dionysus story that the Jesus myth is plagiarized from, not the FOLKLORE version.

I didn't miscontrue your argument. I took it apart, using cold hard facts, with references from <<<hold on to your hat, Luke>>> BIBLE SCHOLARS, either by posting the references themselves and their authors, or posting the links.

The Jesus-myth stuff is played out, as well, as the historical evidence for His existence is well-documented. The simple fact is that you've done little more than regurgitate tired old skeptic bleating that 19th/early-20th century Bible scholars have refuted long, LONG ago.

These figures bear no resembles to Jesus Christ, in form or function. Christians don't worship the Lord by cutting off their nuts.

This is exactly what I was talking about... deliberate, willful ignorance... these fools believe that their delusions constitute reality. They believe their delusions can be made reality by insisting upon them.  Facts? Well anyone quoting facts can simply be shouted down, can't they?

"Evolution... well that's just a theory"

BOLLOCKS! Evolution is mathematical fact. But if you said so in the company of fundie such as MCWAY you likely be shot.

The Luke

Who brought evolution into this discussion? I didn't.

But, I guess it's time for you to pull out the red herring, since you can't get this gibberish of yours to fly.

And, what's that you were saying about "ad hominen" attacks, again? It's business as usual with you, resorting to name-calling, when you can't make your arguments stick.

But, again, this is about politics

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »
 When they forced Khruschev out (Russia), he sat down, and wrote two letters to his successor. He said - "When you get yourself into a situation that you can't get out of, open the first letter, and you'll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation that you can't get out of, open the second letter". Soon enough, he gets into a tight situation, and he opens the first letter. It says - "Blame it ALL on me". So he blames it ALL on the old guy, and it worked like a charm. When he got himself in to a second situation, he opened the second letter. It said: - "Sit down, and write two letters".

Traffic  :D
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2008, 04:02:24 AM »
Well I gotta hand it to MCWAY for getting this thread back on topic...

When a fundamentalist Christian asserts the "cold hard facts" that;
-there is any historical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ
-there is no link between the Middle Eastern astrological Mystery Religion of Jesus and the Middle Eastern astrological Mystery Religions of Attis/Tammuz/Achilles/Hercules/Mithras/Osiris etc from which it is derived
-evolution is merely a "red herring"

...well that's all the evidence you need for what is wrong with America.

Militant, willful ignorance.

The Luke 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2008, 04:09:46 AM »
Still using that pitiful (and inaccurate excuse). I didn't begin from a position of "infallible certainty". What I did was post the backgrounds of the characters from which you claim Jesus Christ was crafted. From there, I showed categorically that their story DO NOT MATCH that of Christ in the least.

I didn't miscontrue your argument. I took it apart, using cold hard facts, with references from <<<hold on to your hat, Luke>>> BIBLE SCHOLARS, either by posting the references themselves and their authors, or posting the links.

The Jesus-myth stuff is played out, as well, as the historical evidence for His existence is well-documented. The simple fact is that you've done little more than regurgitate tired old skeptic bleating that 19th/early-20th century Bible scholars have refuted long, LONG ago.

These figures bear no resembles to Jesus Christ, in form or function. Christians don't worship the Lord by cutting off their nuts.

Who brought evolution into this discussion? I didn't.

But, I guess it's time for you to pull out the red herring, since you can't get this gibberish of yours to fly.

And, what's that you were saying about "ad hominen" attacks, again? It's business as usual with you, resorting to name-calling, when you can't make your arguments stick.

But, again, this is about politics

Oh boy. Not this again. Sigh.
I hate the State.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2008, 04:48:31 AM »
It's become common knowledge in biblical study circles over the past few years that there was a pan-continental religion in the ancient world based on astrologically symbolic stories.

The identity of the symbolic dying and resurrecting God-man was usually lifted from common folklore in order that he be familiar to a new culture.

So while we all know the basics of the Pythagoras story (mathematician and teacher, discovered the Pythagorean theorem aka the 3/4/5 triangle), there was also another version of the story... a Mystery Religion version of Pythagoras who traveled around with 12 disciples, healed the sick, healed the lame, healed the blind, fed a multitude with fish and bread, walked on water, raised the dead, was betrayed, crucified and rose from the dead after three days. All of this centuries before Jesus.

But to quote the historical version of Pythagoras the Mathematician as evidence that there was no Pythagoras Godman is disingenuous... the Church went to great lengths to eradicate the Pythagoras Gospel throughout the Middle Ages.

Similarly it is disingenuous to quote the mythological stories of the various godmen Attis/Tammuz/Hercules/Horus/Orion/Osirus et al, when the dying-resurrecting astrological godman versions of these stories are not only historically documented but also acknowledged by early Church Fathers who even went so far as to claim the Devil had pre-emptively created imitations of Jesus in order to discredit him (the doctrine of Diabolical Mimicry).

Why MCWAY can't get this, I don't know... it's tantamount to quoting claiming Elvis Presley didn't die on the toilet because you Googled Elvis Costello.

Oh Christ... I'm arguing with a Christian Fundamentalist on the internet!... I'm going to go outside now.

The Luke

PS-better quote some sources: "The Jesus Mysteries" by Gandy and Freke or alternatively for the non-readers, the first hour of the Zeitgeist documentary gives a good overview of the roots of Christianity  (before delving into 9/11 conspiracy pseudo-science).
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/