Author Topic: will marijuana ever be legalized?  (Read 9727 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Re: will marijuana ever be legalized?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »
Yes they do, some go to 50+.
It's still something that can fuck with people's minds.

There is too much money to be made policing it. The government doesn't want to take the risk that they could make more money legalising it. If they wanted, they could always do it and spin the hell out of it. Always. Look at Iraq and the WMD.

You just lost all your credibility.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
With the quality of some of today's marijuana, even heavy smokers can get STONED(not just high) with 1-2 joints.

And marijuana isn't like alcohol. Its potency can vary from batch to batch as there are 1,000 different strain comprised of hybrids, and not to mention the pure indicas and sativas, and wild landrace strains.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2008, 06:47:14 PM »
With the quality of some of today's marijuana, even heavy smokers can get STONED(not just high) with 1-2 joints.

And marijuana isn't like alcohol. Its potency can vary from batch to batch as there are 1,000 different strain comprised of hybrids, and not to mention the pure indicas and sativas, and wild landrace strains.

exactly. I can take 1 or 2 hits (not that i smoke) of some very high grade weed, and be thoroughly annihilated.

Look, the people that "get it", get it, the ones that dont, dont.

The facts are all out there, yet people try SO HARD to fight against something they really dont have a clue about.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »
go to amstermdam.. you will hate pot after the first hour...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2008, 07:29:13 PM »
Stoners are too busy smoking to make it happen. No reason it shouldn't be legal but it would take major effort.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
god thank i life in the netherlands :)
TEAM WOLF

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
god thank i life in the netherlands :)

the red light disctrict was good  8) 8) 8)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »
you'd be surprised at how many people have become depressed, psychotic and schitzophrenic from marijuana.

and addicted to its effects..

that's why it wont be legalised. It's a dangerous drug as many people can use it without ill, or long term effects, so those people cant see the problem.

the others that it screws up end up walking into schoolyards with automatic weapons, or cutting people's heads off on buses.

This is legit. The psych wards are chock full of dope smokers, and ex dopers.

I'm not kidding.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »
you'd be surprised at how many people have become depressed, psychotic and schitzophrenic from marijuana.

that's why it wont be legalised. It's a dangerous drug as many people can use it without ill, or long term effects, so those people cant see the problem.

the others that it screws up end up walking into schoolyards with automatic weapons, or cutting people's heads off on buses.

I'm not kidding.

Psych wards are full of heroin shooters and smokers. And you can pretty much make the same arguement for alcohol, while retracting your marijuana one. Marijuana is actually very sedative and people are less likely to commit violence by smoking it than alcohol. You are using a select group of people who're more prone to drug abuse, depression and other things. These people abuse a host of drugs, and are more genetically prone to, so what does it have to do with the average person having the right to blaze one? People who have problems will always have problems. Just because they abuse marijuana, alcohol and a host of other drugs doesn't mean that those drugs can't be used responsibly.

You also did not provide a single study to back those claims. I have never seen an independent study of marijuana being linked to those conditions. And even if there were, there'd still be a case to legalize as you already have a legal drug(alcohol) that causes all those adverse conditions you mentioned, along with violence, instability, destruction of the liver/stomach/brain. You've also got prescription opiates which are some of the most addictive drugs ever.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 09:37:20 PM »
What are you guys talking about? Pot IS legal!

Oh yeah.. sorry, my mistake.. many of you live in a "free" country called U.S.

Greetings from Canada! I'll have a joint to celebrate american freedom. Peace!

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 09:47:35 PM »
Cue Matt C in 3...2...oh shit is he still in Time Out?  ::)

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
nice avatar perhaps we can hangout

:-*

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 11:23:18 PM »

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
it's already "decriminalized" in some places, but it'll never be completely legal; the law has a funny way of keeping all avenues of probable cause open.

by the way, the plant has been cultivated since prehistoric times, and most of that time it's been done openly and without fear of trouble.  to think that the species has suddenly unlocked her secrets to potency within the last 10 or 15 years isn't realistic.  as a matter of fact, the strongest sample ever tested by the government happened to be in 1976.

younggunz

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 12:34:13 AM »
yes it is legal. i live in cal, all my friends have their cards and  have had them for years now.i made my apointment last week dont kno y i waited so long, getting your card is a joke all they want is their money. it is now taxed also. Of course the state wants their cut, as they should. ive been smoke'n for years. i dont smoke every day maybe 2-3 times a week at night, (not the case 2 yrs ago)  i do believe it should b legal, but i myself  kno many of the sides, it is different for everyone!,  and thats really the prob every one reacts very different i kno many ppl that function great on weed, where other get so parinoid its not fun, the true prob is that some ppl dont kno when to stop and many ppl can go down a very slow spiral not even realizing its negative effects. myself, it makes me less motivated to do thing like most ppl, which if u think about it can b very harmful to kids/ young adults. makes me parinoid to an extent, i try not 2 smoke b4 going to any social event of any kind. short term memory loss is huge if u smoke often. And the whole since of time is very scewd if u smoke alot, its like any other substance it can easily b abused. the prob w/ weed is it always starts out fine. yes u smoke but ur not a "stoner" till a couple years down the road many ppl find it all around to b better when high. so ppl go to work high, come home get high and so on. it also has tons of benifits dont get me wrong i will probly never completely stop smoking cuz the truth is if u kno how to use it n a benefical way and timely manner it is great. The thought of having kids n a place where weed is legal? im still not so sure. if u have a head on ur shoulders and can realize its not a drug 4 u ul b fine, its the ppl that respond negativly 2 weed and continue to smoke, cuz either social reasons, (the cool kids do it), or the fact that it kills bordom! which i believe y most ppl smoke, if ur bored and not doin nothin might as well b high( which ensures u wont b do'n nothin). im still up and down on the legal issue, fact is it wont hurt no one cuz it calms everyone down, cant O.D , its all natural, down side 2 many ppl r retarted and iresponsible and would abuse it, like the niegborhood stoner that talks 4 words a minute and still lives w/ mom. should u have the right to abuse it SURE! would u want ur kids a young ppl of america to beable to abuse it? thats the tough 1.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 01:21:07 AM »

Actually that's not much difference from the effects of many drugs including alcohol.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 06:49:26 AM »
Pharmaceuticals would go out of business if weed was legalized (strictly for depression and anxiety) im referring to.

Take 3 or 4 hits from some dank ass weed, and TELL me you dont INSTANTLY feel great, better, relaxed.

As opposed to 3-6 weeks to feel 'dead' from lexapro, seroquel, cymbalta, wellbutrin, straterra, etc etc....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 08:02:33 AM »
i don't smoke and i am all for it (tax the shit out of it and make us some money plus a good boom for all the tobacco farmers who are losing their shirts) but what i see holding it back is the ability to enforce the taxes how does anyone know if that joint your smoking came from a tax free drug dealer or from the corner weed store.
Good point, but I think it’s kind of similar to buying vegetables from the grocery store vs. your local farmer’s market. They don’t report everything they make. I also speculate that if it is legalized, the volume of crop grown under regulation would overwhelm what is grown with a sunlamp in people’s basements. The price would drop, and it would not be as profitable for the dealers to bother as much anyway.
plus they are thinking that weed smoke may have a few more carcinogens then anyone ever thought
That would also help control overpopulation a bit. :)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Consider this:
“War” is often PR driven, and a war won makes the person who waged it look FANTASTIC!
A war on drugs is one of the easiest wars to wage, and a war on potheads is probably the easiest.
What are they gonna do? Protest with a peace demonstration?

So in our “hyper-violent” society we have politicians lobbying to outlaw a substance that makes people really mellow.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »
Consider this:
“War” is often PR driven, and a war won makes the person who waged it look FANTASTIC!
A war on drugs is one of the easiest wars to wage, and a war on potheads is probably the easiest.
What are they gonna do? Protest with a peace demonstration?

So in our “hyper-violent” society we have politicians lobbying to outlaw a substance that makes people really mellow.

Yes, I cant recall a time i smoked and wanted to go "fight" and "drive"... ::) It may be just me, but i usually get really damn calm and happy. Adult swim, bowl of cocoa puffs cereal- shit baby its time to roll.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2008, 05:43:49 PM »

I'm not kidding.

no, you're completely insane.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2008, 06:35:20 PM »
Pharmaceuticals would go out of business if weed was legalized (strictly for depression and anxiety) im referring to.

Take 3 or 4 hits from some dank ass weed, and TELL me you dont INSTANTLY feel great, better, relaxed.

I smoke weed everyday.  I only do 3-4 hits at a time though just to get a lift.  I can tell you though I have had the most fucked up panic attack after smoking weed.  On my way to a Rush concert years ago.  Very bad feeling.  Now I know it's nothing to get worked up about,  but for a long time whenever I smelled weed I would start to get a panic attack.  Glad those days are gone.  Of course I do occasionally  check my heart rate when I have smoked the Dank from a 6 foot  bong...lol.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2008, 01:07:25 AM »
Yes they do, some go to 50+.

It's still something that can fuck with people's minds.

hahahahahaha, Your 100% right.  ::)

.... and then they play the piano, faster....faster....FAST ER!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2008, 01:15:09 AM »
I smoke weed everyday.  I only do 3-4 hits at a time though just to get a lift.  I can tell you though I have had the most fucked up panic attack after smoking weed.  On my way to a Rush concert years ago.  Very bad feeling.  Now I know it's nothing to get worked up about,  but for a long time whenever I smelled weed I would start to get a panic attack.  Glad those days are gone.  Of course I do occasionally  check my heart rate when I have smoked the Dank from a 6 foot  bong...lol.

Everyday huh........ ::)
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2008, 02:10:37 AM »
Alcohol is LEGAL - u dont arrest RESPONSIBLE drinkers.

No one ever overdosed on pot. However, i can name a few incidents where alcohol has caused death.  :-*

marijuana has 400 chemicals. Coffee has 1500.

Cigarette smokers are at a much higher risk for health effects. Nobody smokes 20 or 30 joints a day, unlike cigarettes.

So, with alcohol and cigarettes being a much higher HEALTH risk, one cannot argue for the health consequences.

It should be completely legal and taxed. But, bottom line, it DOES cause impaired motor skills. However, so does tylenol pm and Nyquill. ;)

What country do you live in? The United States?! :D
I hate the State.