Author Topic: Here's what Jay and Dex said about Wolf in the new Flex issue...  (Read 10448 times)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Here's what Jay and Dex said about Wolf in the new Flex issue...
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 12:29:06 AM »
Wolfe is highly overrated.

He lacks the thickness and muscular maturity that comes with the seniority of guys like Jay.

He's the Paul Dillett of our time; big and impressive at a glance, but not so much to the discerning eye.

On closer inspection, it's obvious that there's something missing - a certain 'depth' to the muscles.

People feel the need to hype this guy and pretend he's better than he is, because there would be nothing to talk about otherwise.

I just got back from spending 4 days shooting video of Dennis for Muscular Development and he is certainly not "hype". With 5 weeks to go he was bigger and harder than he was onstage last year.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 12:33:09 AM »
I just got back from spending 4 days shooting video of Dennis for Muscular Development and he is certainly not "hype". With 5 weeks to go he was bigger and harder than he was onstage last year.

Where do you see Dennis placing?

I have Dennis 3rd...
No doubt about it...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »
This is straying from the topic now.

You failed to acknowledge the facts, which are:

Wolfe lacks thickness and muscle density compared to veterans like Cutler.

He looks bigger and freaker (according to you), because he's much taller obviously.

You mentioned that, Gunter NEVER (you again) dwarfed Ronnie, when in fact he defeated Ronnie handily.

He's Paul Dillet to Cutler's Yates.

I'm not going to run around in circles with you and waste my time.

What this really is about - this argument, is, well, a rebellion of the slaves against the masters.

The foolish masses want to see the underdog take the crown from the established king (Cutler) because this gives them a vicarious sense of power.

They'll go through great lengths to present foolish arguments, because these people aren't about forming a logical conclusion;

they're all about pushing an agenda.

Nicely written, but a bit too much drama considering the topic at hand. You could easily get a ghost writing job at MD though.  :D

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 01:53:05 AM »
Where do you see Dennis placing?

I have Dennis 3rd...

2nd, or if Jay isn't at his all time best 1st.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 01:58:48 AM »
Wolf was incredible last year. He has the whole package. It's pretty much agreed across the board.

I don't see him being given 1st, he's German and doesn't speak English, and Jay is an all-American white boy. It sucks.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 06:21:56 AM »
No, sorry, your ignorant input doesn't help.

Muscles vary a lot in terms of density.

The difference between a juicer that's been using since day 1, and a guy with rippling striations a la Yates is tremendous.

no sorry, you are wrong again. muscle maturity is an ambiguous and meaningless term.

that different 'look' you speak of is simply thicker/thinner skin due to excessive/adequate gh/insulin use.

if not please explain how yates muscles looked so 'mature' so quickly in his career, or phil heath, or denis wolf, etc etc.

yes, some muscles are more dense than others, but that is DENSITY not muscle maturity.  ::)

please stop typing now  ::)

but from reading your dramatic creative posts, you clearly crave a level of infamy on getbig that you cannot get on you regular account, and to do that you have decided to type a load of tripe.

now, i wonder who owns his gimmick.

first guesses are apenis, candy, alex  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

BAZZERKER

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »
i agree wolf made huge gains and i think his lower back will come and calves will to in time because the mans tall. im 6 foot 2 and my calves take forever to grow and one of my lifting partners is 5 foot 6 and his calves grow like weeds and he has better genetics.

also wolf is not sponsored by muscle tech and from germany so those are two huge factors playing against him as a young bodybuilder..

this is probably the first olympia im not that excited for...
I

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 07:59:23 AM »
Dennis will be exposed for lack of shape - however he has better shape that Jay !

Your currently champion shouldn't be so concerned with covers , or make comments about athletes chasing his current crown.

When Dennis Stands next to people Taller than him his Weakness are exposed ( someone 6 or taller) , smaller waist and with more size.

Dexter is the pure giant Killer - He has beaten everyone now - including Ronnie!

Jay has beaten everyone - however has the most pressure since we know refinement is not in the cards but just the barney rubble stomp!

That was great when he was the Underdog - we all understood he had to get bigger to beat Ronnie but Ronnie is not here - so NOW HIS BODY IS NOT THE DESIRED BODY!

Wolf / Jay - great story just not the reality

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 08:07:43 AM »
Nicely written, but a bit too much drama considering the topic at hand. You could easily get a ghost writing job at MD though.  :D

James Phoenix... :-\
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 09:45:48 AM »
This is straying from the topic now.

You failed to acknowledge the facts, which are:

Wolfe lacks thickness and muscle density compared to veterans like Cutler.

He looks bigger and freaker (according to you), because he's much taller obviously.

You mentioned that, Gunter NEVER (you again) dwarfed Ronnie, when in fact he defeated Ronnie handily.

He's Paul Dillet to Cutler's Yates.

I'm not going to run around in circles with you and waste my time.

What this really is about - this argument, is, well, a rebellion of the slaves against the masters.

The foolish masses want to see the underdog take the crown
from the established king (Cutler) because this gives them a vicarious sense of power.

They'll go through great lengths to present foolish arguments, because these people aren't about forming a logical conclusion;

they're all about pushing an agenda.

OK Mr. 48 laws of power

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »

Jay: My family picked up that cover and said, "Why are they doing this?" It was almost like to pinpoint Jay, like he shouldn't have won the title. People don't read what's inside the magazine; they read what's on the cover and even though the articel inside told a different story. It still revved up the fact hat Wolf wasn't compared to me and that there should have been a comparison. But I didn't know Wolf was even in the damn prejudging, to be honest with you. I didn't even know he was in the night show. I wasn't paying attention. All I cared about was me and Victor 'cause I knew we were one and two. When all these people talking about the posedown and Wolf following me around, I had no idea the guy was even there.

hmmmmmm :-\

Oldest trick in the placings book...just like, since Rusty didn't take second to Chick, there's NO WAY he should've placed ahead of him  ::)
just not good enough