Author Topic: What Kind Of Vetting Process Did McCain Use?  (Read 1890 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: What Kind Of Vetting Process Did McCain Use?
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »
I agree.  We need to let them vent.  They'll get over it.   :)
By 'We' you mean you and your fellow republicans?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
BB, I encourage you to go to the official website and see the Mayor duties of the town of 8,000 ppl  - there are 2 duties.

-  attend meetings with no voting power

- attend public events [fairs etc] and like wave at ppl

[seriously]

I visited the official website.  You'll have to point me to the part that says the mayor's only duties are attending meetings and public events.  http://www.cityofwasilla.com/

Mayors never have voting power. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 01:01:21 PM »
By 'We' you mean you and your fellow republicans?

Nah.  I mean you and your fellow liberals.   :) 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 01:37:51 PM »
The only people complaining about the pick are liberals like Begala, who weren't going to vote for McCain anyway.  

This was a smart choice in part because McCain is a moderate who will appeal to independents (people typically vote the top of the ticket), and partly because it satisfies his conservative base.  

Liberals are really in a tizzy over this.   :)  

Of course, they are. They just got sucker-punched by this pick, which has taken nearly ALL of the attention away from the DNC and Obama's great speech (and the RNC has YET to start).

It opens up that wound for the Clinton supporters, especially those nice PUMAs  ;D .

It has done something that liberals dreaded happening: the firing-up of the evangelicals/social conservatives behind McCain.

Now, if the Dems want to run their mouths about Palin's lack of experience, they also have to explain why their BEST pick ain't on the tickets and why the more experienced of the two that are is on the bottom, instead of the top.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
Of course, they are. They just got sucker-punched by this pick, which has taken nearly ALL of the attention away from the DNC and Obama's great speech (and the RNC has YET to start).

It opens up that wound for the Clinton supporters, especially those nice PUMAs  ;D .

It has done something that liberals dreaded happening: the firing-up of the evangelicals/social conservatives behind McCain.

Now, if the Dems want to run their mouths about Palin's lack of experience, they also have to explain why their BEST pick ain't on the tickets and why the more experienced of the two that are is on the bottom, instead of the top.

Yep.  Truth.