Author Topic: DNC Chair Fowler and Moore admit they are delighted as hurricane heads for US  (Read 12289 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
I don't see Moore representing good mainstream democrats.  He's a spotlight seeking, lets stir up as much controversy as possible fat angry man.  For some reason I have a great desire to get him in the cage and torture him for a couple rounds.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
For some reason I have a great desire to get him in the cage and torture him for a couple rounds.
haha
Angry repube meltdown.  ;D
!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Perhaps a semi sadistic conservative independent meltdown.....

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
It's clear either one of these gods is to blame, maybe even both? ???
I hate the State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
It's clear either one of these gods is to blame, maybe even both? ???
You haven't killed yourself yet?  ;D
!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Why would he want to them to fuck up? They fuck up and people get hurt and/or killed.

I do not know, I can't say why Moore would say something like that, you'd have to ask him. What I do know is that the problem per se is the administration's unwillingness to help poor Gringos, not that Moore says this or that or whishes this or that.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
You haven't killed yourself yet?  ;D

No. I never spoke of an immediately planned suicide; after I have tried out all the options I said.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
What an idiot.   ::)  I hope he chokes on a chicken wing.  Note how that clown Olbermann didn't even call him on it.  Here is the clip:   

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
What an idiot.   ::)  I hope he chokes on a chicken wing.  Note how that clown Olbermann didn't even call him on it.  Here is the clip:   

Moore is great man an a true American patriot exposing the hypocrisy and corruption of many corporations and politicians over the last two decades.
!

youandme

• Getbig V
I'm glad many democrats clicked on the thread, and said the words I wanted to hear "Michael Moore does not speak for us"

Yet, MSNBC when they aired the interview made it look like Moore was and had become a Liberal speaking czar for the liberal base, with his outlandish movies, and liberal praise.

Thanks.

+

Looks like he has changed his tune, and has recieved enough emails to post a different letter on his website after all the hatemail and complaints.

His newest letter, where he calls for the storm to "die out at sea"

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?id=229

His email address even looks fat - MMFlint@aol.com

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Moore is great man an a true American patriot exposing the hypocrisy and corruption of many corporations and politicians over the last two decades.

Which has nothing to do with his idiotic statement. 

Purge_WTF

Further proof a large majority of Democrats want this country to fail.

The Hurricane will not only destroy people's homes, and lives but also wreck havoc on the economy as many oil pipelines and offshore oil rigs will be destroyed, and jobs lost.

Michael Moore: Hurricane Coming During GOP Convention 'Proof There Is a God in Heaven'
Controversial filmmaker admits he's delighted to see a natural disaster potentially interfere with the Republican event.

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
8/30/2008 12:13:18 AM

Sometime you really have wonder at what cost some are willing to see their political ideology advanced.

To liberal documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, the bounds are seemingly endless. Moore has made a recent career out of attacking President George W. Bush, bashing conservatives and criticizing business. His latest outrage occurred on MSNBC’s August 29 “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” and when he commented about the coincidental timing of an unfortunate disaster – the potential for Hurricane Gustav to make landfall at the beginning of the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn.

“I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven,” Moore said, laughing. “To have it planned at the same time – that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for day one of the Republican Convention, up in the Twin Cities – at the top of the Mississippi River.”

After that comment, Moore backed off a bit and did say he hoped nobody got hurt and he hoped everybody is taking cover. However, he failed to make note of the $43.625 billion in damage the last hurricane to strike New Orleans caused – Hurricane Katrina in 2005 – and the billions of dollars the storm cost taxpayers.

Moore also took the opportunity to take a dig at President George W. Bush and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain.

“I can’t see what you showed,” Moore said to “Countdown” host Keith Olbermann about a video clip including Bush and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. celebrating McCain’s birthday. “I don’t know if you showed the cake there that they had there, three years ago today – with McCain and Bush. When Marie Antoinette – when she said, ‘Let them eat cake,’ I think she was speaking figuratively. They literally were while New Orleans was drowning – eating cake. So, it’s, um, I don’t know – let’s hope things get better.”

Olbermann, whose opinions tend to fall on the same far left end of the ideological spectrum as Moore, said it was even weirder than Moore observed. Olbermann said “one of” Focus on the Family preachers connected to Chairman Dr. James Dobson’s was allegedly calling for everyone to pray for rain during Sen. Barack Obama’s Democratic convention speech.

Moore told Olbermann he feared McCain would continue the wars that we are in and would start a new one with Iran. He defended Iran’s aggressive tactic with nuclear weapons by suggesting that if Iran invaded Mexico and Canada, as we had with Iraq and Afghanistan, even he and Olbermann would “build whatever we could do defend ourselves.”

Both Olbermann and Moore were full of praise for Obama’s speech and Moore chalked McCain’s selection of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to cynicism on part of the Republican Party.

Moore has been a crusader for socialized health care in the United States, especially with his 2007 documentary “SiCKO.” Moore depicted the health care systems used in Canada, France, the United Kingdom and the communist nation of Cuba as what the United States should have – an expensive taxpayer-funded health care system.

Moore doesn't speak for the Democrats any more than Tran Coulter speaks for the Republicans. Your post is a.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

BB, can you remind me where your post is at, the one where you were critical of the several times rightwing christians have done the same?  I forgot where it's at, could you please provide the link ;) Also, don't you think this response on the left is actually prompted by the christian lunitics who have been doing this?  In that isn't there a statement?  Yes, there is, and it's not that liberals or Moore want Hurricane's to destroy the opposition via god's will.  Come on man...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
BB, can you remind me where your post is at, the one where you were critical of the several times rightwing christians have done the same?  I forgot where it's at, could you please provide the link ;) Also, don't you think this response on the left is actually prompted by the christian lunitics who have been doing this?  In that isn't there a statement?  Yes, there is, and it's not that liberals or Moore want Hurricane's to destroy the opposition via god's will.  Come on man...

I have no idea if I did.  Maybe I overlooked it.  Maybe I didn't feel like responding.  I don't read every thread or every post in every thread.  But if it makes you happy, by all means bump whatever thread you're talking about and I'll comment. 

None of this changes the fact that Moore is an idiot.  There is no justification for his comments, or that clown Olbermann essentially condoning his comments.  Doesn't really matter to me what prompted his comments.     

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
  Moore doesn't speak for the Democrats any more than Tran Coulter speaks for the Republicans. Your post is a.....

LOL... Tran Coulter.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I have no idea if I did.  Maybe I overlooked it.  Maybe I didn't feel like responding.  I don't read every thread or every post in every thread.  But if it makes you happy, by all means bump whatever thread you're talking about and I'll comment. 

None of this changes the fact that Moore is an idiot.  There is no justification for his comments, or that clown Olbermann essentially condoning his comments.  Doesn't really matter to me what prompted his comments.     
to my knowledge you have never posted against the Christians for doing this.  Yes, it does matter what prompts it.  In context, this has a completely different meaning than if he just up and said this shit.   I made similar comments the other day not aware that Moore had also done so.  You don't believe that I actually want it to happen and think it's God's will do you?  Would that not go against what you know of me here?  I hope so, yet I made the remarks.  The remarks are satirical and an ironical criticism of the rightwing Christians who have been doing this.  The purpose being to toss such thinking back in their face and say now what? Not a serious belief in such nonsense!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
to my knowledge you have never posted against the Christians for doing this.  Yes, it does matter what prompts it.  In context, this has a completely different meaning than if he just up and said this shit.   I made similar comments the other day not aware that Moore had also done so.  You don't believe that I actually want it to happen and think it's God's will do you?  Would that not go against what you know of me here?  I hope so, yet I made the remarks.  The remarks are satirical and an ironical criticism of the rightwing Christians who have been doing this.  The purpose being to toss such thinking back in their face and say now what? Not a serious belief in such nonsense!

Like I said, I don't remember.  Let's assume I deliberately didn't post in whatever thread you're talking about.  What does that have to do with Moore's comments?

Moore's comments have nothing to do with you and no I don't think you want people to die so the convention can be disrupted. 

Do I think Moore was joking?  No.  That's why I posted the clip.  He looked and sounded serious to me.  I'm sure someone else can look and listen and have a different opinion.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Like I said, I don't remember.  Let's assume I deliberately didn't post in whatever thread you're talking about.  What does that have to do with Moore's comments?

Moore's comments have nothing to do with you and no I don't think you want people to die so the convention can be disrupted. 

Do I think Moore was joking?  No.  That's why I posted the clip.  He looked and sounded serious to me.  I'm sure someone else can look and listen and have a different opinion.   
moore isn't joking, I just think the point of the comments went over heads or people are just choosing to spin it.

Ok, so here is your chance.  What is your opinion of these rightwing christian comments in the past, such as the believe that Katrina was God's wrath against the people for gays?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
moore isn't joking, I just think the point of the comments went over heads or people are just choosing to spin it.

Ok, so here is your chance.  What is your opinion of these rightwing christian comments in the past, such as the believe that Katrina was God's wrath against the people for gays?

No, I do not believe "Katrina was God's wrath against the people for gays."  I think Katrina was the result of poorly constructed levees and an inadequate response by several levels of government. 

Now that we got that out of the way, what does that have to do with Moore? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
No, I do not believe "Katrina was God's wrath against the people for gays."  I think Katrina was the result of poorly constructed levees and an inadequate response by several levels of government. 

Now that we got that out of the way, what does that have to do with Moore? 
I didn't ask what you believe.  I asked your opinion of these christians who have been saying stuff like this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I didn't ask what you believe.  I asked your opinion of these christians who have been saying stuff like this?

Which person and which specific comment?  And again, what is your point? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
nope, I'm saying the republican party panders to them.  But look at the far left, do the Dems pander to them?  nope...

The heck they don't.

If the dems do, why would the far left have to protest in the streets at the convention because they didn't get their way.  Fucking republicans act like the far right's bitches.

Because they feel that Obama pandered to them to get their support and their $$$$$$$. Once the deal was sealed, he started shifting towards the center.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you lose your point in the other thread, end up looking like a jackass so you try to repaint the picture and quote me as one praising god doing this.  You are such a fucking idiot.

I guess since we have morons here like youandme, I have to explain shit where most normal people would get it.  Remember after Katrina, certain radical Christians said the hurricane was god's wrath and blamed gays among other people.  By their account, the timing of the hurricane was also god's doing because there was some gay festival or some shit.  This thread was to mock these far right religious nuts.  The question was, would they dare to assign their radical beliefs similarly where the RNC is faced with a hurricane ruining the party.  Not to mention the asshate from Dobbson's crowd that prayed for the DNC to be rained out.  Of course everyone with half a brain got this while it appears youandme is running on empty and thinks we were taking up the role of the radical right nuts and looking at the hurricane as a blessing from god.  Seriously youandme, when you're this fucking off base, you should really apologize...

When you hear dems or liberals doing this, they're playing the irony of the situation created by the lunitic rightwing fringe and calling out the idiot christian extremists who have been doing the same thing.  How the fuck can this go over your head youandme, are you really this fucking stupid?

Perhaps, you should ask yourself the same question. Remember, it was liberals who echoed the sentiment of President Bush not caring about black people. If that were the case, everything would be going on at the RNC as scheduled, because (the last time I checked), this hurricane is heading for.....NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA. It ain't heading for St. Paul, Minnesota.

The folks at the RNC want to help, while simultaneously avoiding some bad PR.

What Michael Moore is effectively saying, if that story is accurate, is he's somewhat happy that a bunch of OBAMA-VOTING people (i.e. the African-American community in NO) have to flee and hope their homes don't get demolished again, just because it delays the RNC a day or two.

youandme

• Getbig V

The DNC Chairman Fowler sure Does.

youandme

• Getbig V
When the chairman of the DNC laughs at this it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out something is wrong withthe Democratic party.

The below video is making its way around the internet in a most viral way…it is said to be — I have no 100 per cent proof — former DNC Chair Don Fowler….and the text is this “the hurricane is going to hit New Orleans (chuckling) about the time they [meaning the Repub Convention] start. the timing at least it appears now that that it will be there Monday. That just demonstrates God is on our side.”

There is lots of ambient plane noise on the tape….if this is NOT DON FOWLER, someone please drop that into the internet in a viral way..it would be grossly unfair to assign him this horrible statement if it is not his.

I am by no means the first to see this — probably one of the last since it has been sent to me many times in the last hours but I have ignored until now when I finally realized that it is all over.  If you know Fowler, make him see this so that if it is NOT DON FOWLER, then he can quickly saturate the internet with denials to meet the viral nature of it.  The internet is a great research tool but also can be the source of lots of mean rumors…since this video is already all over, and since it is being massively emailed around, let’s make sure Fowler sees it so that he  can deny it if in fact this is not Fowler.