Author Topic: Dems fall into a trap, Palin pregnancy backfire  (Read 5468 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Dems fall into a trap, Palin pregnancy backfire
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »
I know Rove is behind a lot but what are you suggesting?  That the whole story with Palin's daughter being pregnant is false?

No, that is was bait. The dems took it, and now even with an Obama statement saying "family is off limits" the damage is starting. Democrats are starting to look vile, and this women's family is coming under attack. The Democrats are already on the edge with women voters.

Haha Decker said no Clinton supporters would vote for McCain....guess that 27% that are against Obama and 28% undecided, are just magical votes.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »
I think this attack on the family may particularly piss off some women voters as kids need to be off-limits.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 04:55:35 PM »
No, that is was bait. The dems took it, and now even with an Obama statement saying "family is off limits" the damage is starting. Democrats are starting to look vile, and this women's family is coming under attack. The Democrats are already on the edge with women voters.

Haha Decker said no Clinton supporters would vote for McCain....guess that 27% that are against Obama and 28% undecided, are just magical votes.
Nobody has cast a single vote  for the 2008 election just yet.  So you can stop counting your pretend votes.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »
Nobody has cast a single vote  for the 2008 election just yet.  So you can stop counting your pretend votes.

haha says the guy "No Democrats that want Hillary in office are going to vote for McCain"

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
I think this attack on the family may particularly piss off some women voters as kids need to be off-limits.

Recalling this has mostly been online, with a vague clipping offline. Some may miss it. And the attack didn't come from the camp, so same way racist loons won't turn off black repubs as it is hardly the camp making racial slurs.

I was feeling terrible for the girl yesterday, but now she really is pregnant things are changed. Not to be cold, whichever way the teen is/was pregnant, so not like lingering false rumours of a teen pregnancy will affect her like I thought yesterday.

Some women may be pissed, I don't find it ideal thats for sure, but I think that may be easily countered by a mom with 5 kids, downs baby, and now pregnant teen "seemingly" not focused enough on mothering all those kids, as she is running for VP.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 05:18:52 PM »
If the daughter is 5 months pregnant

How about she isn't preggys at all and will suffer a miscarriage in due time because of the "stress"?  Hey, would not be the first faked pregnancy huh?

Then people will buy into that Palin gave birth to the first one.

How convient miscarriages can be at times.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 05:31:28 PM »

so you're saying that the Republicans/Rove used Palin as bait?

really?

that's pretty devious don't you think?

Do you think Palin agreed to be bait ahead of time or just got used?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 05:54:02 PM »
haha says the guy "No Democrats that want Hillary in office are going to vote for McCain"
That is a true statement.  McCain's policies are antithetical to any reasonable democrat.  But there are those part of the cult of personality that may not vote at all due to Mrs. Clinton's absence from presidential politics.

So what?

Your obvious glee over whatever point it is you're making is rather disturbing.

Thanks for boldtyping the "No" part of that statement, it's quite a killer....just like you. 

'haha'

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »
I know Rove is behind a lot but what are you suggesting?  That the whole story with Palin's daughter being pregnant is false?

No.

I am suggesting we not take this statement as the "end all, be all" of this story.

I'm am suggesting we're 2 days into this story and people are ready to believe the first thing Rove tells them.

perhaps it'd be better to say "Sunday, we saw a lot of compelling things showing either Palin wasn't the mother, or she was highly irresponsible to fly 8 hours after water breaking.  Monday, we heard from Rove that kid is pregnant.  Who knows what we'll hear on Tuesday, but there's enough compelling info out there to wait a week or so, until people doing the vetting find proof of either side's claim.  Let's wait a few days before deciding if either story is "dispelled" or not.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
Ouch. It appears that the website that broke the story has some workers with Obama, and some major news syndicates, that helped put the rumour of Palin being a grandmother out....as they are still calling her a grandmother...this is not good for the Obama camp.

It appeared on the O'Reilly show. More stuff to come

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »
Ouch. It appears that the website that broke the story has some workers with Obama, and some major news syndicates, that helped put the rumour of Palin being a grandmother out....as they are still calling her a grandmother...this is not good for the Obama camp.

It appeared on the O'Reilly show. More stuff to come

Please - share EVERY link to the Obama camp that you can find.  It DOES matter - he said he will personally FIRE any staffer with any link to the grandmother rumor.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 06:45:06 PM »
Nobody cares about who the hell the VP candidate is except for the political junkies here.

VPs do not decide elections.

AFter 8 years of Reagan, most of the blue collar workers of southeastern wisconsin that frequented the tavern I bartended at had no idea just who the hell George Bush was and that he'd been VP for the entire 8 years.

Normally they don't, ...but I think this is one election that could see the choice of running mate sinking the ship.

Ironic isn't it that just a little while ago, people were speculating there couldn't possibly be a worse candidate of choice than McCain.  I guess he put those nasty rumours to rest and proved all the nay-sayers wrong, didn't he?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »
Stockdale sure made a lot of people think twice about Perot in 92.

He was sleeping halfway thru the interview.  "I'll sit this question out" actually came out of his mouth at one point, didn't it?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »
Now that I think aboiut it, the irony here is overwhelming.

You combat rumours that the baby is the high school teenager's, by announcing the high school teenager is pregnant now.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 09:33:13 PM »
Now that I think aboiut it, the irony here is overwhelming.

You combat rumours that the baby is the high school teenager's, by announcing the high school teenager is pregnant now.

Well Lord knows that when you're on the campaign trail for VPOTUS, ...it's hard to fake a pregnancy.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 10:00:26 PM »
you people make me laugh..

if you bought a membership to a gym where you were told no one could possibly squat because it's a bad exercise, and then the gym owner kind of in front of you loaded up the squat rack and squatted, you would ask for your money back. No?

This woman tells everyone how they should behave... without walking the walk.  Does no one see that? She pretty much has said NO CONTRACEPTIVES FOR COUPLES, NO ABORTIONS FOR ANYONE, and yet she isn't proud of her illegitimate progeny. Now what does that say?

Hahahaha  Nancy Reagan must be swooning on her chaise longue in the den knowing that the new people about to infest the oval office are pretty much the Clampett family. She knew it 20 years ago.  :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 10:05:45 PM »
This woman tells everyone how they should behave... without walking the walk.  Does no one see that? She pretty much has said NO CONTRACEPTIVES FOR COUPLES,

The hypocrasy stupifies me. So she wants all the other kids to practice abstinence, while her kid is getting busy?

I've been hearing she is anti-contraception, can't find a good link for more info/validlity. Do you happen to have one?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 10:06:56 PM »
you people make me laugh..

if you bought a membership to a gym where you were told no one could possibly squat because it's a bad exercise, and then the gym owner kind of in front of you loaded up the squat rack and squatted, you would ask for your money back. No?

This woman tells everyone how they should behave... without walking the walk.  Does no one see that? She pretty much has said NO CONTRACEPTIVES FOR COUPLES, NO ABORTIONS FOR ANYONE, and yet she isn't proud of her illegitimate progeny. Now what does that say?

Hahahaha  Nancy Reagan must be swooning on her chaise longue in the den knowing that the new people about to infest the oval office are pretty much the Clampett family. She knew it 20 years ago.  :)

The new people about to occupy the White House are nothing like the Clampetts.
The Obamas are much more classier and sophisticated than that.  :P  Let's here for O in the oval office  
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 10:08:28 PM »
Speaking of that - the pics with her and a gun shooting worry me.

We all know what happened with the last Repub VP with a gun :o

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
I wasn't clear with my writing.  My point was that whoever started and propagated this smear job is a scumbag.  We'll probably never find out who it was.  No one can say if it came from the Obama camp but it sure came from that side of the isle, who are quick to pounce on any smearing from the right.
This action was bullshit, unfair to Palin and why a lot of good people stay out of politics.

Nope.. it was started in Alaska months ago.  Don't blame dems for what you have wrought.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »
The hypocrasy stupifies me. So she wants all the other kids to practice abstinence, while her kid is getting busy?

I've been hearing she is anti-contraception, can't find a good link for more info/validlity. Do you happen to have one?

Palin is a member of this group:  http://www.feministsforlife.org/

contraception addressed here (answer is ambiguous):  http://www.feministsforlife.org/FAQ/index.htm

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »
Nobody cares about who the hell the VP candidate is except for the political junkies here.

VPs do not decide elections.

AFter 8 years of Reagan, most of the blue collar workers of southeastern wisconsin that frequented the tavern I bartended at had no idea just who the hell George Bush was and that he'd been VP for the entire 8 years.

That was prior to the Halliburton Presidency, my friend.

I rode in a cab this morning in Cleveland and the African-American driver was as well-informed about Cheney as most political junkies I've encountered over the past decade.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »

I rode in a cab this morning in Cleveland and the African-American driver was as well-informed about Cheney as most political junkies I've encountered over the past decade.

I agree.  I was in a cab in Atlanta several months back and the driver was talking my ear off about politics. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »

I also agree, I was in a cab and the cab driver talked all about hot stock pics.

lol, im down 130%

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 11:40:23 PM »
I also agree, I was in a cab and the cab driver talked all about hot stock pics.

lol, im down 130%

If you were talking about a Toronto cab, ...I might have a tendency to believe you.
The educational credentials of many of Toronto's cab drivers has to be seen to be believed.

The determination of some of these guys is amazing. I don't know if I could be an immigrant with a PhD,
and be forced to drive a cab everyday. I'd go bonkers. I guess when the dream is big enough,
...roadblocks don't matter {pun intended}  :P
w