Author Topic: Palin's husband has DWI arrest  (Read 5049 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Palin's husband has DWI arrest
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 05:53:38 AM »

I would absolutely not count most anything a candidate did age 25 or younger.  Kids do stupid shit; that's why they're called "kids"...  most of them grow up.

Neither would I, barring some nasty thing like being a rapist or something.

Thing is, the GOP chipped away at their "anti-Obama" things.

The lack of experience is dodgy to bring up now with Palin. The foreign policy is a wash as Obama has gained much more recently, traveled the world - while Palin has zero and only left USA once. The Obama tried drugs is a good tactic, that's gone with Palin admitting it and her hubby having a DUI.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 07:42:24 AM »

I wouldn't say that...  he's been a senator for all of two years, spending all of that time running for President.  If someone is in the Senate for 10 or 15 years, actively participating, serving on the Foreign Relations or Armed Services committees, learning the issues of the day, yeah, I'd call that "experience" (like McCain or Biden), but two years as a professional candidate?  Not so much.  Face it, Obama's experience consists of 8 years as a state legislator, and before that a "community organizer" (ala Sharpton or Jackson).  I would agree that gives him credible experience with regard to domestic issues, but experience to be commander-in-chief and leader of the free world?  As far as that goes, he's not much more experienced than your Aunt Martha.  ::)
Yeah, "Aunt Martha" has met with many world leaders, has traveled much of the world, and serves on several senate committees. This comes from the getbig member who said he'd like to vote for Hitler for president if he could. Goatboy=idiot

Obama with German Chancellor Angela Merkel

Obama with French President Nicholas Sarkozy

Obama with Prime Minister Gordon Brown

Obama with Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert

Obama with Palestinian President Abbas

OBAMA COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:
Obama holds assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs, and he is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

If you need me to list his Illinois State Senate accomplishments, or his U.S. Senate accomplishments, I'll be happy to do so.  ;)
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
I wouldn't say that...  he's been a senator for all of two years, spending all of that time running for President.  If someone is in the Senate for 10 or 15 years, actively participating, serving on the Foreign Relations or Armed Services committees, learning the issues of the day, yeah, I'd call that "experience" (like McCain or Biden), but two years as a professional candidate?  Not so much.  Face it, Obama's experience consists of 8 years as a state legislator, and before that a "community organizer" (ala Sharpton or Jackson).  I would agree that gives him credible experience with regard to domestic issues, but experience to be commander-in-chief and leader of the free world?  As far as that goes, he's not much more experienced than your Aunt Martha.  ::)

Your points are quite valid, but it's all perception. McCain did have a great hit at Obama on experience, on sheer age alone McCain was doing his thing when Obama was like 5.

With the Palin choice, it waters that very effective point down. If experience is so vital, why did he not choose all the experienced options available to him. He skipped them over for a less experienced person. Plus the drug hit is gone too, as she as well. That is what I mean, to me the choice while great for religious, far right & some female, reduces his chipping points at the top of the ticket.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 07:49:08 AM »
Your points are quite valid, but it's all perception. McCain did have a great hit at Obama on experience, on sheer age alone McCain was doing his thing when Obama was like 5.

I love you CQ, but Goatboy's post is NOT valid. See my above post.  :)
!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
Hey Obama I got some crak you wanna take a hit?

Obama, "Do I ever I'm smoke dis shit up"..."sippin on da scissor sip sip sip"

Wow Harvard Grad talks like that...dont think so chief

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »
typical democratic BS LOL.

CNN leeching onto anything possible.

Yeah not like Fox News "Terroist Fist Bump"

Give me a break chief

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:01 AM »
I love you CQ, but Goatboy's post is NOT valid. See my above post.  :)

Sentiment returned, and good post too, but I think it is safe to say McCain is more experienced. That to me is unarguable.

Bear in mind, I don't think that is as vital as it may seem. McCain's experience lead him to a great VP pick I see, why Obama was so inexperinced he choose someone who is getting mauled through the press ;)

To me, that was McCains finest point. He doesn't have the charisma, speaking ability, the appeal, the backing, the fundraising prowess, the clean family life etc. Experience was his big thing, and he shot it in the foot in majestic style imo.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:49 AM »

Wow Harvard Grad talks like that...dont think so chief
"youandme" loves to play on racist stereotypes, big_mal. This clown would flunk out in the first semester at Columbia University or Harvard Law School.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 08:00:56 AM »
Sentiment returned, but I think it is safe to say McCain is more experienced. That to me is unarguable.
True. Experienced in the ways of Washington, however, that does not mean he has the judgment to be President and Commander in Chief.

Bear in mind, I don't think that is as vital as it may seem. McCain's experience lead him to a great VP pick I see, why Obama was so inexperinced he choose someone who is getting mauled through the press ;)
*Sarcasm noted*  ;D

To me, that was McCains finest point. He doesn't have the charisma, speaking ability, the appeal, the backing, the fundraising prowess, the clean family life etc. Experience was his big thing, and he shot it in the foot in majestic style imo.
Indeed.

My response to Goatboy was his minimizing of Obama's experience on the world stage or accomplishments as State and U.S. senator. I'm sure his "Aunt Martha" has been to 10 Downing Street to meet with the Prime Minister on many occasions.  ::) Sarah Palin has yet to prove she can even conduct herself appropriately at that level, and she is McCain choking-on-a-pretzel moment away from being leader of the free world.  :-\
!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:47 AM »
"youandme" loves to play on racist stereotypes, big_mal. This clown would flunk out in the first semester at Columbia University or Harvard Law School.

Yeah i know. Then I catch it and throw it in his face

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
Yeah, "Aunt Martha" has met with many world leaders, has traveled much of the world, and serves on several senate committees. This comes from the getbig member who said he'd like to vote for Hitler for president if he could. Goatboy=idiot

Obama with German Chancellor Angela Merkel

Obama with French President Nicholas Sarkozy

Obama with Prime Minister Gordon Brown

Obama with Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert

Obama with Palestinian President Abbas

OBAMA COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:
Obama holds assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs, and he is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

If you need me to list his Illinois State Senate accomplishments, or his U.S. Senate accomplishments, I'll be happy to do so.  ;)

lol.  He took pictures with world leaders on his campaign trip?  Shocking.  lol . . .

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 08:13:13 AM »

Yeah...  in 1984::)    I fail to see how something that happened 24 years ago when he was a kid, before he even met Sarah is relevant?
It really just shows how desperate the media is to hang a noose on Gov. Palin.  Her selection was so unexpected that they are scrambling. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »
AS a VP nominee I am sure that she could meet all the same people.
Obama didn't do his world tour until he was the presidential nominee.

You make it sound like he has always been a player on the world scene.

How many times did Obama visit Afghanistan or Iraq.

How many meetings did he chair as head of Europe subcommittee
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2007/12/29/obama_europe/index.html

"I wouldn't call it a neglect of duty but a missed opportunity to explore issues that will be of fundamental importance to the next administration," says ambassador John Ritch, who served for two decades as the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's senior staffer on European affairs and East-West relations, before going on to represent the Clinton administration at the United Nations organizations in Vienna.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/02/26/obamas_senate_foreign_relations_work/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news
-- In January 2007, he proposed legislation that would have prevented President Bush from sending more troops to Iraq and required troop withdrawals to begin that spring. Last November, he introduced legislation that would make clear Congress had not authorized military force against Iran. Neither measure received a vote.

He must have really hated the surge and the fact that it worked.
Z

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 08:15:25 AM »
"youandme" loves to play on racist stereotypes, big_mal.

I think the Palin debacle has him in meltdown mode.

He is even starting with me, and I try and be polite to everyone.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 08:39:58 AM »
I think the Palin debacle has him in meltdown mode.

He is even starting with me, and I try and be polite to everyone.

Oh he knows he is fucked

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 08:47:22 AM »
lol.  He took pictures with world leaders on his campaign trip?  Shocking.  lol . . .
They did more than take pictures...Obama held substantive talks with key world leaders. Most of these leaders want and believe Obama will be the next president and they want to get to know him.
Where are pics of Palin's meeting with world leaders and demonstrating the necessary intellect, poise and confidence?  ::) You know, the woman you feel is ready to step in and become president on a moment's notice.  ::)

AS a VP nominee I am sure that she could meet all the same people.
Obama didn't do his world tour until he was the presidential nominee.
Well then, when will she? The election is in two months, and McCain could choke on a chicken bone on January 21st. Will Palin be ready?  ::)

You make it sound like he has always been a player on the world scene.
No one has "always" been a player on the world scene. Yet Obama has done enough to establish himself in that regard.

How many times did Obama visit Afghanistan or Iraq.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!  ;D
As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Obama made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In August 2005, he traveled to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. The trip focused on strategies to control the world's supply of conventional weapons, biological weapons, and weapons of mass destruction as a first defense against potential terrorist attacks.<61>

Following meetings with U.S. military in Kuwait and Iraq in January 2006, Obama visited Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian territories.

He left for his third official trip in August 2006, traveling to South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Chad. In a nationally televised speech at the University of Nairobi, he spoke forcefully on the influence of ethnic rivalries and corruption in Kenya.

How many meetings did he chair as head of Europe subcommittee
http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason/2007/12/29/obama_europe/index.html

He may not have "chaired" meetings as a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, but here are his senate accomplishments to date. The man works HARD.

THESE ARE BARACK'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN THE U.S. SENATE TO DATE:

** First legislation, the HOPE Act, which increased Pell Grants to $5100, and later joined Senator Kennedy on the Higher Education legislation that passed July 20, by a vote of 78-18. That legislation also included funding for Predominantly Black Colleges to assist with counseling, tutoring and other needs of low income students. It also creates the Teaching Residency Act which will create a school-based teacher preparation program in high needs schools to provide each teacher with a mentor, content instruction, classroom management skills, a master’s degree and state certification, and a 2 year follow-up program.

**The Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006
is an act that requires the full disclosure of all entities or organizations receiving federal funds beginning in fiscal year (FY) 2007 on a website maintained by the Office of Management and Budget.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Funding_Accountabi...

**The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act
Authored by U.S. Sens. Dick Lugar (R-IN) and Barack Obama (D-IL), the Lugar-Obama initiative expands U.S. cooperation to destroy conventional weapons. It also expands the State Department's ability to detect and interdict weapons and materials of mass destruction.
Signed into Law on January 11, 2007.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/chrisblas...

**The 2007 Government Ethics Bill
http://www.rollcall.com/issues/53_17/news/19664-1.html?...
http://www.commonblog.com/story/2007/9/14/164837/331

** The “Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-2125

** S116 - Summer Learning demonstration project to provide summer learning grants and encourage new teaching methods.
http://www.pasesetter.org/demonstrationPrograms/nasd.ht...

and this one, moved out of committee just a few days ago:
Obama's Global Poverty Act of 2007, passed out of committee just a few days ago
WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) and Congressman Adam Smith (D-WA) today hailed the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's passage of the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. This legislation was introduced in December. Smith and Congressman Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House last September.
http://obama.senate.gov /

Amendments, that have all passed:

S.Amdt.159 to S.Con.Res.18 - To prevent and, if necessary, respond to an international outbreak of the avian flu.

S.Amdt.390 to H.R.1268 - To provide meal and telephone benefits for members of the Armed Forces who are recuperating from injuries incurred on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom.

S.Amdt.670 to H.R.3 - To provide for Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) refueling capability at new and existing refueling station facilities to promote energy security and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.

S.Amdt.808 to H.R.6 - To establish a program to develop Fischer-Tropsch transportation fuels from Illinois basin coal.

S.Amdt.851 to H.R.6 - To require the Secretary to establish a Joint Flexible Fuel/Hybrid Vehicle Commercialization Initiative, and for other purposes.

S.Amdt.1362 to S.1042 - To require a report on the Department of Defense Composite Health Care System II.

S.Amdt.1453 to S.1402 - To ensure the protection of military and civilian personnel in the Department of Defense from an influenza pandemic, including an avian influenza pandemic.

S.Amdt.2301 to H.R.3010 - To increase funds to the Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program and to the Office of Special Education Programs of the Department of Education for the purposes of expanding positive behavioral interventions and supports.

S.Amdt.2605 to S.2020 - Expressing the sense of the Senate that the Federal Emergency Management Agency should immediately address issues relating to no-bid contracting.

S.Amdt.2930 to S.2349 - To clarify that availability of legislation does not include nonbusiness days.
S.Amdt.3144 to S.Con.Res.83 - To provide a $40 million increase in FY 2007 for the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program and to improve job services for hard-to-place veterans

S. Amdt 41 to S. 1 To require lobbyists to disclose the candidates, leadership PACs, or political parties for whom they collect or arrange contributions, and the aggregate amount of the contributions collected or arranged.

----------------------------------------------

Barack has Written a total of 890 Bills and Co-sponsored Another 1096 since he started serving in the U.S. Senate.

He must have really hated the surge and the fact that it worked.
No jackass, he just wanted us OUT of Iraq, like the majority of Americans AND THE IRAQI PEOPLE. Not sending more troops, extending our stay, and spending $10 BILLION of your taxpayers money EVERY MONTH.

!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »
It really just shows how desperate the media is to hang a noose on Gov. Palin.  Her selection was so unexpected that they are scrambling. 

The media is scrambling allright, they can't keep track of it all.

I didn't even see any coverage about this DUI. The media is too busy covering the preggers teen, investigation into abuse of power, the separist group, god wanting oil pipelines built, the vetting stuff and so many other things to bother with the DUI and other issues.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 08:55:23 AM »
Name calling cool.

Obama had one world trip and 2 trips to Afghanistan.
This hardly makes him a master of foreign policy.
Especially since he didn't chair meeting with the European subcommittee, which is responsible of overseeing NATO and the American role in Afghanistan.

He has had some successes as a senator.

Palin has had some successes as a governor.

To think that he is better of in handling foreign policy is an unknown.

BTW Iraq was handed back Anbar province. Another major victory for American troops.
Z

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »
Name calling cool.

Obama had one world trip and 2 trips to Afghanistan.
This hardly makes him a master of foreign policy.
Especially since he didn't chair meeting with the European subcommittee, which is responsible of overseeing NATO and the American role in Afghanistan.
18 million + people from the democratic primaries disagree and feel he is more that ready on foreign policy. Besides, as the smartest man in this race he will be smart enough to surround himself with other policy experts.
HOW MUCH FORIEGN POLICY DOES THE WOMAN THE REPUBES WANT A HEARTBEAT FROM THE PRESIDENCY HAVE?

He has had some successes as a senator.
Yes he has.
Palin has had some successes as a governor.
Name them and we can evaluate her relative to Obama or Biden as to readiness to be Commander in Chief

To think that he is better of in handling foreign policy is an unknown.
Everyone is an "unknown" until they are sworn into office. What we have to go on are the 18 months Obama has had under a grueling spotlight, 20+ debates that tested his intelligence and knowledge on the issues, and tough interviews on shows like Meet Te Press and others. Has Palin had a single tough interview to test her knowledge on the economy or foreign policy?

BTW Iraq was handed back Anbar province. Another major victory for American troops.
So what's your point? Do you have any real knowledge of the reasons for the diminished violence in Iraq, or do I need to educate you? Do you attribute ALL of the tamping down of violence to the increased troop presence? Do you consider Malicki's tenuous hold on power and the Iraqi government's progress a roaring success to date?  ::) The stability of the government was one of the most important reasons for the so-called surge.
!

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »
palin = worst vp selection in US history.

NT

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »

Yeah, and he's done this all in the time he's been running, as a candidate for president...  it's not like he's been life-long buddies with these folks:  he's met most of them once, and very recently.  ::)  Palin can do the same as a VP candidate and as VP.  A few "photo op" handshakes from last year does not make Obama a statesman.
He was "running for president" in 2005, dumb ass?  ::)

Who in ALL OF AMERICAN GOVERNMENT have been "lifelong buddies" with the above pictured world leaders, dumb ass?

How many times do you need to meet with world leaders before it becomes significant in your eyes, dumb ass?

Palin can do the same as VP...but has she done it AT THIS POINT? What if McCain gets shot or chokes on a pretzel (like Dubya almost did) on day one in office, dumb ass?

The world already believes Obama to be a statesmen...as did 18 million plus voters in the democrat primaries. If you choose not to see that, that is your business...DUMB ASS.
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
[From Benny's quote: In August 2005, he traveled to Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan.The trip focused on strategies to control the world's supply of conventional weapons, biological weapons, and weapons of mass destruction as a first defense against potential terrorist attacks Following meetings with U.S. military in Kuwait and Iraq in January 2006, Obama visited Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian territories. He left for his third official trip in August 2006, traveling to South Africa, Kenya, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Chad. In a nationally televised speech at the University of Nairobi, he spoke forcefully on the influence of ethnic rivalries and corruption in Kenya]

So let's see - discounting his campaign trips and meeting with World leaders of UK, Germany, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan - he has been on official business talking war stuff with the Senate Foreign Relations committe to:

Israel
Kuwait
Iraq
Russia
Ukraine
South Africa
Kenya
Djibouti
Ethiopia
Chad
Jordan
Palestinian territories
Kuwait
Azerbaijan

And Palin once left the USA and visted 3 places?

If his foreign policy is inadequte, hers is 10 times less adequate.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »
This is a disgrace to the American people :D She needs to work on her family before she even thinks she can handle being VP >:(

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

So? Barry did coke.

Your point is?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 05:58:04 PM »
So? Barry did coke.

Your point is?

And Sarah got high.  ;)
The point is, the woman needs to handle her own business before preaching to anyone about family values...as repubes love to do.
!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 06:24:16 PM »
This is a disgrace to the American people :D She needs to work on her family before she even thinks she can handle being VP >:(

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

she is a disgrace?
I'd say you and other drama queens are the disgrace for focusing om her private life instead of her political platform.

You and your kind (the anti-intellectuals) keeps trying to dumb up the debate.

Do you even have the slightest clue what Palin stands for?

I think her political views are way off, but I still don't think it's ok to shoot off irrelevant comments about her private life.   
As empty as paradise