Author Topic: Can you get too big?  (Read 8894 times)

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
Can you get too big?
« on: September 01, 2008, 03:37:52 PM »
This pic has been floating along for the past few weeks. Two thoughts:

1) Ronnie is the greatest Mr. O ever

2) If someone were to step on stage even bigger, it might start looking...um...wrong?

At what point will the size game be played out? Once that happens, what happens to bodybuilding? It will be purely a beauty contest.   :-\

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
Re: Can you get too big?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:40:31 PM »

great calves

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »
At one point, nobody could imagine the science/chemistry utilized in this sport would have such result as we see in pics like dillet, coleman, nameless others...

Now that its here, it can only get better (worse for health)

I think that its just a matter of how well u respond to substances.

body isnt evolving THAT fast

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
keep in mind that is offseason shape..

so is this:
Flower Boy Ran Away

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »
the only purpose served by being that muscular is to entertain the gay community and endorse bodybuilding supplements for teenagers.

bodybuilding contests and mags are mainly supported by the gay community ......

So being that big is to mainly entertain the gay population and to sell supps to the under 18 crowd.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 03:56:04 PM »
I hear they grow them pretty big in Toronto.  The red light district especially... :P

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »
I hear they grow them pretty big in Toronto.  The red light district especially... :P

Sneaky Dees approved 8)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 04:35:39 PM »
the only purpose served by being that muscular is to entertain the gay community and endorse bodybuilding supplements for teenagers.

bodybuilding contests and mags are mainly supported by the gay community ......

So being that big is to mainly entertain the gay population and to sell supps to the under 18 crowd.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  Sure, there are muscle schmoes for whom you can never be too big, but that is a very small population.  There are a lot of guys that would find Ronnie way too big.  Yes, he can look good when he strikes a few poses on stage, but no one can stay ripped and shredded every day for weeks and months.  Eventually, you're gonna get that soft doughy look and most gay guys would not go for someone this size. :-\

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 04:37:22 PM »
I don't think there will be another Ronnie Coleman..Most muscular person to walk the earth

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »
Way too much emphasis is put on shape, aesthetics, condition.  Bodybuilding should be about 3 things; size, size, size. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
Way too much emphasis is put on shape, aesthetics, condition.  Bodybuilding should be about 3 things; size, size, size. 

so greg kovacs should be a contender?

E
E

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
  • Liberal is not a bad word
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »
first people were huge from hard work and/or genetics, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, there were strongman competitions, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, bodybuilding started, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, steroids came out, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, synthol came out, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger there was hgh, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger...

there's always going to be another thing, "This too shall pass", unfortunately it's now only attractive to gay guys and looks awesome to guys who wish they were big.  Women appreciated Larry Scott in the 50's, women fear Ronnie Coleman now.  Women like guys who make them feel safe by being muscular and who appeal to them sexually by being fit, women are afraid of guys that look like a comic book monster.  In my opinion, i'd rather see bodybuilders fit and not monsterish, guys in the 202 class that i can look at and say "hey, i could be like that someday" instead of ronnie/dex/jay who i look at and say "hey, if i dosed up to the eyeballs on performance-enhancing substances, i could be like that in 20 years".  Just my opinion though  :P

Banner

• Getbig II
  • Don't make me angry.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 09:29:08 PM »
first people were huge from hard work and/or genetics, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, there were strongman competitions, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, bodybuilding started, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, steroids came out, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger, synthol came out, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger there was hgh, then when they couldn't possibly get any bigger...

there's always going to be another thing, "This too shall pass", unfortunately it's now only attractive to gay guys and looks awesome to guys who wish they were big.  Women appreciated Larry Scott in the 50's, women fear Ronnie Coleman now.  Women like guys who make them feel safe by being muscular and who appeal to them sexually by being fit, women are afraid of guys that look like a comic book monster.  In my opinion, i'd rather see bodybuilders fit and not monsterish, guys in the 202 class that i can look at and say "hey, i could be like that someday" instead of ronnie/dex/jay who i look at and say "hey, if i dosed up to the eyeballs on performance-enhancing substances, i could be like that in 20 years".  Just my opinion though  :P

That's way too many words for a fucking noob.  >:(

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »
wah wah wah, lots of words hurt head  ::) no posting for noobs as they not as articulate as banner  ::) read a book

Banner

• Getbig II
  • Don't make me angry.
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 09:37:38 PM »
wah wah wah, lots of words hurt head  ::) no posting for noobs as they not as articulate as banner  ::) read a book

don't piss me off

I'm ALL out of chewing gum.  >:(

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 09:39:24 PM »
haha, another bobism

TPSRPBBW-fan1

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
i just know a little bit about bodybuilding, it's not a bad thing :(

Banner

• Getbig II
  • Don't make me angry.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK?

You can wah wah your way to the Fist List wambulance you fucking shit stain!

YOU'VE JUST BEEN LISTED!!!!!!

Watch this God damn TPS dial-up his fist list server. Guess what? DENIAL OF SERVICE bitch!!

FIST LIST 2010

89) TPSRPBBW-fan1

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »

Just as an FYI, pissing off the great banner is no way to start your "career" here at getbig.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »
Just as an FYI, pissing off the great banner is no way to start your "career" here at getbig.

;D

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 10:23:11 PM »
back in the 70's Bertil Fox was considered overdeveloped...

vince fitz

• Getbig I
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:20 PM »
Waist can be too big.  Otherwise, no such thing as too big.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »
Waist can be too big.  Otherwise, no such thing as too big.

Good point, but just for future reference, you need to PM the great zaphod for permission to post in his thread.

vince fitz

• Getbig I
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »
Good point, but just for future reference, you need to PM the great zaphod for permission to post in his thread.
You're kidding, right?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 10:39:28 PM »
You're kidding, right?

No, I am not.  You seem like an ok guy, that's why I'm giving you a polite heads up. :)