Author Topic: Randy Couture a Slight Favorite Over Brock Lesnar  (Read 644 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Randy Couture a Slight Favorite Over Brock Lesnar
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:15:42 PM »
Some sites have already released lines for the upcoming Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar showdown at UFC 91 and at least to open things up Randy is a slight favorite.

Odds from Bodoglife.com:

Randy Couture    -140

Brock Lesnar      +110

Couture / Lesnar Fight goes 2:30 of Round 3    -280

Couture / Lesnar Fight does not go 2:30 of Round 3     +220

That is damn close to a pick 'em line for arguably the biggest fight in MMA history.  I couldn't be more amped than I am right now and we're still months away from fight night.  I can say, however, that I'm very tempted to put some money down on the fight going over 2:30 of Round 3.  I think there is a very good chance that this goes to a decision as Brock has yet to show much finishing ability and while I can see Randy winning I don't think he does it by stopping Lesnar early in the fight.

Just in case you wanted to see the difference in the matchmaking of the "unproven stars" in the UFC and EXC here are the odds for Kimbo vs. Ken Shamrock:

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Fergusson   -600

Ken Shamrock    +400

The UFC absolutely OWNS every other American promotion at this point in every aspect from sheer deep talent in every division to compelling matchmaking on every show.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
Re: Randy Couture a Slight Favorite Over Brock Lesnar
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:19:49 PM »
HHMMMMM.... Both fights = 2 old guys fighting 2 overhyped fighters.....

Just kidding on Randy though he is, was, and always be a bad ass. Shammy will probably be coming in with a walker. :P

Dball

Re: Randy Couture a Slight Favorite Over Brock Lesnar
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »
Shiiiiitt.. I'm putting a bill on Shammy.  I may lose it, but he may shock a lot of people.