Author Topic: LEE HANEY  (Read 2313 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
LEE HANEY
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »
91 mr olympia

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: LEE HANEY
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »
seemed to be the one year when his legs and arms actually looked pro caliber, anyone who said Dorian beat him that year are nuts.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »
seemed to be the one year when his legs and arms actually looked pro caliber, anyone who said Dorian beat him that year are nuts.
100 pct correct was lean,hard,dry and legs had all heads fully dried out.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 02:26:11 AM »
Lee Haney is one of my all time favourites. But 91 Olympia could have gone either way. Dorian looked great but so did Haney.

The REAL Pat Neve

• Getbig II
  • ...or should I say the REAL Pat Neve Jr. :)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
Never met Dorian, but I had the honor of meeting Haney when I was like 10. My father(Pat Neve) had him guest pose at one of his Mr. Arizona shows here in Phoenix in the 80s. He also came with Corey Everson which was also a Ms. Olympian contestant at the time. (Maybe even Ms. Olympia, ...can't remember. Pops has told the story many times how much of a great guy Lee was. He was also VERY strong. They worked out once and my dad said that Haney was warming up with 135 while curling. Then went straight to 225 and was repping it like it was still 135. Dorian came into the sport at a time when (BIG) was really becoming the new trend. BIG or SYMMETRY. We all know that Haney could beat Dorian every time if they were judged strictly symmetry.

Or at least that's my opinion.

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 05:36:05 AM »
Lee did beat him in 91. But not to take anything away from Dorian he was the man in his time. He still would be competitive if he didnt have some many injuries.

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 12:45:08 AM »
Never met Dorian, but I had the honor of meeting Haney when I was like 10. My father(Pat Neve) had him guest pose at one of his Mr. Arizona shows here in Phoenix in the 80s. He also came with Corey Everson which was also a Ms. Olympian contestant at the time. (Maybe even Ms. Olympia, ...can't remember. Pops has told the story many times how much of a great guy Lee was. He was also VERY strong. They worked out once and my dad said that Haney was warming up with 135 while curling. Then went straight to 225 and was repping it like it was still 135. Dorian came into the sport at a time when (BIG) was really becoming the new trend. BIG or SYMMETRY. We all know that Haney could beat Dorian every time if they were judged strictly symmetry.

Or at least that's my opinion.
Off topic....But you father was one of the greatest bodybuilders in the sport. He is a true iron legend. Many posts about your dad have been made on the site called "Ironage" Punch his name into the search function. Great champ!