Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info
The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
(1/77) > >>
wavelength:
----
To be able to log the evolvement of the principles in this thread, I added a change log:
2008-09-04: First version as defined in discussions with The True Adonis in preceding threads.
2008-09-06: Changed "body weight" to "lean body weight" in P1 as suggested by tbombz.
2008-09-07: Changed "weight training" to "anaerobic resistance training" in P4 as suggested by shiftedShapes.
2008-09-09: Added P5 as suggested by technokc and defined by The True Adonis.
2008-09-12: Re-added purpose of diet in first sentence.
----

The current version of the Adonis Diet Principles for dieting down while preserving as much muscle mass as possible goes like this (TA, please feel free to correct me at any time):

The Principles, rules that must be followed:

P1) minimum daily protein intake of 1 g/lb lean body weight,
P2) variety of food good enough for proper nutrient intake (e.g. follow USRDA),
P3) deficiency of calories which leads to 1-3 lbs of weight loss per week,
P4) hard anaerobic resistance training at least 3 times a week,
P5) 5-8 hours of sleep per day, depending on individual requirements.

The Myths, factors of minimal, no, or even negative influence:

M1) ratio of macro nutrients other than defined by P1 and P2,
M2) abandonment of alcohol,
M3) intake of "supplements",
M4) proper spacing of meals during the day,
M5) cardio training.

If we take a closer look at the principles (P1-P5), we will see that the classical bodybuilder method of dieting meets all five rules. P1 will always be met, yet usually exceeded. P2 will usually be attempted (although questionable if met) by substituting certain foods with "supplements". P3, P4, and P5 will be met or exceeded.

So where my diet differs, is just the myths (M1-M5). A practical emperical method to find out if M1-M5 are truths or myths is if one and the same individual tries different diets, one after the other, always adhering to the principles (P1-P5), but changing the myths (M1-M5).

I have done that. In my case, I have clearly identified M1-M5 as myths. My current diet includes everything I like to eat. I eat most of my calories at lunch. I drink red wine whenever I feel like it. I don't take any supplements, except for whey protein powder to make P1 easier to meet. I even stopped taking multivitamins after a few weeks into this diet to prove the point. I don't do any cardio. I have never felt better, stronger, healthier, or less hungry than on this diet. I have never preserved more muscle mass.

I would really be interested in input from people who have attempted the same. No scientific articles please. You will always find scientific sources that support one or the other method, the only thing that counts in the end is what works in real life.
wavelength:
Bump. Since many people claim that the TA diet is crap, has anyone actually tried it? So far I know of two people: TA and me. I don't know about TA but I have tried a lot of different diets and this one's clearly the winner.
Army of One:

--- Quote from: wavelength on September 05, 2008, 04:32:36 AM ---Bump. Since many people claim that the TA diet is crap, has anyone actually tried it? So far I know of two people: TA and me. I don't know about TA but I have tried a lot of different diets and this one's clearly the winner.

--- End quote ---

Any diet where you restrict calories below maintenance while getting enough protein in will be a winner.If I can sum it up in one sentence, how hard can it be?People really make too much of a big deal about dieting, as Nike says "Just do it".
DK II:

--- Quote from: wavelength on September 05, 2008, 04:32:36 AM ---Bump. Since many people claim that the TA diet is crap, has anyone actually tried it? So far I know of two people: TA and me. I don't know about TA but I have tried a lot of different diets and this one's clearly the winner.

--- End quote ---

What you posted are the "wavelength"-principles.

TA's Bullshit approach was "A calorie is a calorie" and the more he got flamed, he adjusted it to a "normal" diet.

What you have posted there is what i have been doing for more than 5 years.
DK II:

--- Quote from: db2431 on September 05, 2008, 04:42:59 AM ---Any diet where you restrict calories below maintenance while getting enough protein in will be a winner.If I can sum it up in one sentence, how hard can it be?People really make too much of a bid deal about dieting, as Nike says "Just do it".

--- End quote ---

Exactly!

Where is the "TA principle" in that?

It's like i write "Objects fall down to the floor" and call that the "donkeykong principles".

Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version