Author Topic: Laura Lee!!  (Read 8799 times)

SWTYGRL

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Laura Lee!!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:53 AM »
Oh Laura...what a journey you have had since leaving the Northeast. 

I pop in to GB occasionally and have watched your progress from beautiful woman ...to competitor...to managing a sudden illness and now managing a disease.  You are no doubt, still a beautiful woman, but what a long road.... 

I truly hope you are feeling better soon.  I hope your children, family & of course Mike are able to support you and cheer you on.  Keep your positive attitude!

Please take care of yourself and know there are lots of us here sending positive energy and thoughts your way.

Oh and if you are looking for a laugh during your days of seclusion, check out the website www.hotchickswithdoucheb ags.com
I think there are a few Getbiggers pictured there (:

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »
Oh Laura...what a journey you have had since leaving the Northeast. 

I pop in to GB occasionally and have watched your progress from beautiful woman ...to competitor...to managing a sudden illness and now managing a disease.  You are no doubt, still a beautiful woman, but what a long road.... 

I truly hope you are feeling better soon.  I hope your children, family & of course Mike are able to support you and cheer you on.  Keep your positive attitude!

Please take care of yourself and know there are lots of us here sending positive energy and thoughts your way.

Oh and if you are looking for a laugh during your days of seclusion, check out the website www.hotchickswithdoucheb ags.com
I think there are a few Getbiggers pictured there (:
Thank you sweetie!  Everyone has been great.  Even the getbiggers here have been so supportive and caring.  It's been a long process, I just hope it will be all over soon and I can get back to normal again. 

OMG re: that site  :-X  ;D  LMAO!!!!
:D Weee

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 04:38:56 AM »
Thank you sweetie!  Everyone has been great.  Even the getbiggers here have been so supportive and caring.  It's been a long process, I just hope it will be all over soon and I can get back to normal again. 

OMG re: that site  :-X  ;D  LMAO!!!!
And you won't get rid of us either. We luv ya Laura :) Keep us posted on your progress.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 10:07:20 AM »
And you won't get rid of us either. We luv ya Laura :) Keep us posted on your progress.
You know it PB.

Since being off the thyroid medication (have to be until my radiation treatment October 6th) I'm feeling very week and lethargic, I'm always tired, have onstant headaches and sense of confusion at times, along with some memory loss (I forget what I'm saying or names & stuff).  I have to make an appointment to have my eyes checked to because my vision is getting worse by the weeks.  I'm always hot except for last night.  It was the first time I was so cold that I felt like I was back up in New England during a fridged winter, like after you walk across a tile floor barefoot and the chill starts in your feet and freezes your whole body. :(  It's awful.  Hopefully this month will fly by and after the radiation I can start back up on the medication and get back to being and looking like myself.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »
Hopefully this month will fly by and after the radiation I can start back up on the medication and get back to being and looking like myself.
Yes dweetir! :-*

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: UPDATE!!! Laura Lee!!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
I got a call from my doctor regarding the two scans that were done yesterday (thyroid uptake and whole body scan).   

Bad news:  They did find there were still cells in my body.   

Good news:  They moved up the radiation to tomorrow (which is kinda scary cuz they moved it up so quickly but I'll be glad to get it over with).  I'll be highly radioactive for a week, the joy of being all alone for a week.  Can't be around Mike or Rocky.   :(   So expect a lot of postings during this time as I will be terribly lonely. 

More good news:  They are starting me back up on my thyroid medication on Monday!!!  This means that although I'll feel sick next week due to the radiation, by the time that wears off I will be feeling better because my body will be getting the thyroid medication it's been desperately needing!  :D

I'll be returning to the Hospital on the 6th for another full body scan to see if the radiation killed all those cells.  If so…I'm cured!  No more cancer!!!   YAY!!!! :D    If they still see cells, they will have me go through another radiation treatment.   Boooooo!!!!   >:(   

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »
hhaa Laura you crack me up with your attitude despite the situation you are in, great way to think :) 

Screw that why can't you be around Rocky, he prolly lives like a total of 20 years and like 100 dog years, is it really gonna hurt him that bad, it would help you more not being lonley. 

jt
TEAM Nasser

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
hhaa Laura you crack me up with your attitude despite the situation you are in, great way to think :) 

Screw that why can't you be around Rocky, he prolly lives like a total of 20 years and like 100 dog years, is it really gonna hurt him that bad, it would help you more not being lonley. 

jt
Totally can.  It can kill him.   >:(

It's really dangerous for others.  Can make them really sick, radiate them and help induce cancer cells in their bodies, do significant damage if not terminate babies in utero, sterilize young men and women, cause health problems for children, kill small animals, the list is pretty scary.   I'll tell you what my doctor told me.  When I get my scans (like the 2 I got done on Wednesday) they gave me 2 units of radiation (via a pill) on Monday...for the tests on Wednesday.  It came in a lead box that the tech brought while wearing a lead vest.  She opened the container and inside is a glass container.  She took it out with metal tongs and then passed the glass container to me.  She told me to take the container and pour its contents into my mouth without touching the pills with my hands.  Then drink a glass of water.  On 2 units I cannot be near people for 3 hours and cannot go to airports or anywhere they use radiation detection as I will set them off, lol.  Ok, now…tomorrow I will be receiving anywhere between 75-100 units of radiation (via pill form).  A huge difference in dosages of radiation.

Here is a picture of the lead container that the 2 unit pill came in.  I took it with my phone so Michael could see it.  When I went to get this pill on Monday I also had an ultra-sound that I had to have done as well.  The scheduling was set up that I go to nuclear medicine and take my pill, then go to ultra sound and have that done.  The nuclear tech said I couldn't take the pill and then go ultra-sound as that tech was a young woman and it would be dangerous for her to be around me after taking the pill.  So they sent me to ultra-sound first and then I had to go back to nuclear to take the pill.  So, if it's dangerous for me to be around this 110 lb woman on 2 units of radiation, what do you think it would be like to be around a 4 lb animal on 75-100 units?  He would develop cancer and die

***Edit, Oops, sorry forgot to post the pic.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:16 PM »
Oh man, Laura that all sounds really cool!  Can you plz post pic, I don't see it.  It sounds like you are the Hulk or something and they are experimenting on you lol.  Maybe you will bust out soon and be huge :) 

So they don't inject radiation you swallow pills.  I wonder if they get the radiation pills made from nuclear bombs, like U 232 or whatever it is, is it active uranium or whatever? 

So technically if you wanted to suicide bomb a place, it would be best after 100 units of radiation and you would be a dirty bomb!  That is nuts, surprised more terrible Arabs don't think of that.

Hope it goes well tommarow.

jt

TEAM Nasser

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
Oh man, Laura that all sounds really cool!  Can you plz post pic, I don't see it.  It sounds like you are the Hulk or something and they are experimenting on you lol.  Maybe you will bust out soon and be huge :) 

So they don't inject radiation you swallow pills.  I wonder if they get the radiation pills made from nuclear bombs, like U 232 or whatever it is, is it active uranium or whatever? 

So technically if you wanted to suicide bomb a place, it would be best after 100 units of radiation and you would be a dirty bomb!  That is nuts, surprised more terrible Arabs don't think of that.

Hope it goes well tommarow.

jt

Umm, I don't know where they get the pills from, lol.

And I'm pretty sure you can't make a bomb from these pills.  It is radioative iodine, not c-4, uranium or plutonium.  And even if it were...I doubt the amount I have to swallow would be enough to blow anything up.  I just would set off radioative equipment (alarms, geiger counters, like at the airport).  lol

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 03:55:08 AM »
hahah geiger counters lol, sounds funny.  Sorry can't write long post gotta get going its the morning.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 06:19:37 AM »

I'll be returning to the Hospital on the 6th for another full body scan to see if the radiation killed all those cells.  If so…I'm cured!  No more cancer!!!   YAY!!!! :D    If they still see cells, they will have me go through another radiation treatment.   Boooooo!!!!   >:(   

Thanks for these updates :-*
Praying for a clear scan on the 6th dweetir!  ....and that you don't feel too ill from the radiation. 

R

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »
Thanks for these updates :-*
Praying for a clear scan on the 6th dweetir!  ....and that you don't feel too ill from the radiation. 

I agree all the best  ;)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 09:44:28 AM »
Laura Lee is awesome!
TEAM Nasser

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
Laura Lee is awesome!

yes she is!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 10:54:32 AM »
                yes she is!

BWHAHAHAHHAHAH Mike you just made the funny of my day  ;D
TEAM Nasser

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 10:55:17 AM »
BWHAHAHAHHAHAH Mike you just made the funny of my day  ;D

;D

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 11:06:08 AM »
Good luck with everything Laura. I must say that it bothers me, after all these years and money spent on research, that the best they can offer you is the toxic radiation therapies..that they've used for countless years. One would think medical science should have progressed more over the years. Anyhow, I'm rooting for you.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »
Well...

They ended up giving me the highest dosage (100 mCi).  Said I'll be nauseous over the next 3 days and they were right.  I am so nauseous right now.  :-X  I also have a sore throat (which they also said would happen) and have lost my sense of taste again   >:( I have a metal taste in my mouth and my banana tasted like shit  :-[ (they said that could for up to a year!).   They also said there is a 20-30% chance I'll have to have the radiation again, but I'm hopeful that this time will be enough.  ;)  I'm always hopeful, right.

So, now I sit alone ... in the spare bedroom with no TV, just my laptop, a DVD player and a few movies and 7 magazines to keep me company, lol.  Funny, but sad too.  Mike knocks every once in a while, opens the door and say he loves me....then starts singing the song "Radioactive" and slams the door running   >:(   ROFLMAO!!!    ;D

5 days of this and I'll probably go insane.  :'(

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 02:55:40 PM »
 :)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »
Well...

They ended up giving me the highest dosage (100 mCi).  Said I'll be nauseous over the next 3 days and they were right.  I am so nauseous right now.  :-X  I also have a sore throat (which they also said would happen) and have lost my sense of taste again   >:( I have a metal taste in my mouth and my banana tasted like shit  :-[ (they said that could for up to a year!).   They also said there is a 20-30% chance I'll have to have the radiation again, but I'm hopeful that this time will be enough.  ;)  I'm always hopeful, right.

So, now I sit alone ... in the spare bedroom with no TV, just my laptop, a DVD player and a few movies and 7 magazines to keep me company, lol.  Funny, but sad too.  Mike knocks every once in a while, opens the door and say he loves me....then starts singing the song "Radioactive" and slams the door running   >:(   ROFLMAO!!!    ;D

5 days of this and I'll probably go insane.  :'(

LOL Laura you sound so lonely  :-\  So cute though to hear you talk about it  :-* 

So does mike open door leave food there and run real quick not to get hurt by the radiation?  That reminds me of Kramer he lost his sense of taste in mango season and he was horrified by it!  What Mike didn't bring TV in there for you!  Well I guess since it's Olympia weekend you have all kinds of pictures and videos to watch on bodybuilding.com  I am not doing anything this weekend so I will be sure to reply and talk to your posts a lot.

jt
TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
Also Laura can you take shower like do you have to warn Mike you are coming out of your layer to shower and I guess you shave and get all clean and come back to your room?  That would be a nice break. 

jt
TEAM Nasser

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
jt, we have 2 1/2 bathroom so I have my own.  He's down one end of the hallway while I'm on the other.  But If I decide to go downstairs...I do have to warn him that I'm leaving the room so he can grab Rocky (our dog) and close the door.

I'm radioactive...  :o

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
Wow Laura Mike really got you a nice house!  2 bathrooms and another 1/2 of one!  HAHA warm him the radioactive girl is coming :)  AHAH you got a radioactive face too someone you must have imported it someone???  very special unless Ron gave it to you only I don't see it on my list of smiley faces :|

jt
TEAM Nasser