Author Topic: Is Dante Culpepper going to be a Patriot?  (Read 4085 times)

body88

Re: Is Dante Culpepper going to be a Patriot?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
LOL what? thats crazy

they said on sunday that barbers ypc was like 5.6 or something like that and thats pretty damn impressive too i think he will do well especially in dallas with their line and other offensive weapons. 

He ran behind Mcfadden at Arkansas. It's more impressive because opposing teams knew exactly what was coming.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
I'd be surprised if Culpepper played in NE despite the Moss connection. He's like a less-good version of Favre; both of them make too many mistakes for NE, ie. too wild, not football smart enough.

NE will use an intelligent QB to manage the game and try to be Pittsburgh 1976 without Bradshaw, the Dolphins in 72 without Griese. In both cases using good QBs who knew how to avoid mistakes.

The Jets will be good but unpredictable, as Favre's age will only mean more mistakes like last year's season-ending interception.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »
Man, you're a Favre hater and i don't understand why. The guy's a warrior and he's playing like he could go for another 3 seasons.(and he just might!) In addition, he's made of concrete and he doesn't get hurt. he's a badass and i would take on him on the Ravens in a heartbeat. I'm sure you won't find that last statement surprising given the Ravens history of QB's. Nevertheless, the guy's a legend and a first ballot hall of famer.

Don't forget that despite all of his interceptions, the guy has hoisted a Lombardi trophy as well. And Brady has also thrown a season-ending interception in the 2007 AFC championship game, remember?

I just don't get all the hate on Brett Favre. He's a special player and I'm a huge fan.

is there any correlation to your argument with Favre being a Jet this year and playing in the AFC East?  We'll see what happens Sunday.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 01:44:16 PM »
Whatever happens in the next few weeks or even days will be interesting.  Imagine bringing back Bledsoe.  Crazier things have happened.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
Man, you're a Favre hater and i don't understand why. The guy's a warrior and he's playing like he could go for another 3 seasons.(and he just might!) In addition, he's made of concrete and he doesn't get hurt.

You're a Farve luver, i'm objective. He's not in the top 10 of all-time to many including me, and as far as toughness ya sure but Bradshaw's my benchmark-as tough or tougher, won more, smarter. :D

body88

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
I can see the Jets winning this game. They are at home, it's Cassels first start since highschool, and the jets have a sense of urgency. Farve is a good player, but he is also a risk taker. The Dolphins are not the type of team that could make him pay for his risks. I saw him hit Clowney for a td last week, on a poorly thrown ball he chucked up there, and by sheer luck it netted him a td.

Thats not to say Farve isn't a good qb, and he will give the Jets a chance to win every game, BUT as far as being a better passer than Pennington (aside from the deep ball) I say it's a wash. One could argue that Pennington makes better decisions than Farve. Short to medium range, Chad was very effective.

The season is not over if the Jets win this game. Injuries will come, and Cassel will get better. Shit, no one is even talking about the Bills. I think the Bills are better than the Jets.

Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Gaffney, Maroney, Morris, Faulk and Jordan are some pretty potent weapons to have at ones disposal. Cassel needs to make his throws, and not make mistakes. If that happens, the pats will win. I think this is a close one either way, it always is.

Jets will come at Cassel with exotic blitz packages and to try confuse him....stack the box, and force Cassel to beat them in the air. Something has to give though. You have to deal with Moss in the secondary, Welker in the slot, Thomas in the slot and then theres the stable of backs. If Cassel can make throws, the jets are going to have to decide which aspect of the pats game to take away. Faulk and Jordan can be lethal on those screen passes the pats used to run, and it's not like the pats havent won sb's playing that form of a football game.

body88

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 05:15:50 PM »
Man this loss has got to hurt for the Jets.

Jets are at home

Everyone picked them to win

They spent Millions in the offseason

They have a HOF QB

Brady was out

Maroney was out

Pats secondary is new

Jets where 100% Healthy - Pats not so much

Cassel has not started a game since highschool

Yikes

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 06:01:20 PM »
Man this loss has got to hurt for the Jets.

Jets are at home

Everyone picked them to win

They spent Millions in the offseason

They have a HOF QB

Brady was out

Maroney was out

Pats secondary is new

Jets where 100% Healthy - Pats not so much

Cassel has not started a game since highschool

Yikes

It's week 2. Relax.

body88

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »
I'm relaxed! I follow the jets all year, and I think this loss was a big let down for them. I said I wasn't worried about the Jets, and nothing has changed. They are a better team, but I don't think their coaching is good enough to win them a sb. Farve wasn't a huge upgrade over Pennington, and the Bills are better than the Jets anyway. Farve is a better deep ball passer than Penni, but Penni is a better game manager, and he makes smarter throws. Farve is good for at least one pick six per game.

The jets best chance to off the pats was today, and they failed. They where at home, healthy and everyone picked them to win. Cassel has not started a game since highschool, and he will only get better as the year goes on. Injuries will be a factor for the jets, and they aint winning in Foxboro. I think they contend for the east, but fall short.

No one is talking about the bills, and they are the sleeper team to watch imo. Week two or not, losing to a team with a qb who hasn't started since highschool, while totally healthy (at home) is a big loss. Couple that with the fact that moss had two catches for 20 yards. With all the hoopla and offseason moves that the jets made, you would think the jets where the greatest team in the NFL. I think San Diego will mash them next week.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »
After watching today's game, I think having Randy Moss on my fantasy team will prove useless.
Y

body88

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »
After watching today's game, I think having Randy Moss on my fantasy team will prove useless.

Not as the season goes on. The pats wouldn't allow Cassel to chuck deep passes to Moss left and right......he was told to manage the game, and not to make mistakes. Cassel will have less restrictions vs the Phins. Also, give Revis credit....the kid is a stud cb.

body88

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »
This blows my mind:

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—Although veteran Jets quarterback Brett Favre claims he still loves the game, dwindling enthusiasm and a desire to bow out while on top has him contemplating retirement again, Favre confirmed Monday.

"I always told myself I'd know when it was time to walk away," the guaranteed first-ballot Hall of Famer told reporters at the Jets practice facility. "But after 17 or 18, you know, practices as the quarterback of this team, I'm just tired, mentally and physically."

Favre's decision to sit out last Thursday's preseason game against the Eagles sparked rumors that Favre was already reconsidering finally hanging up his cleats again. Favre said that, although he had not yet made a decision, he and his wife Deanna had been discussing his possible retirement since he returned from retirement in early August.

"I just showed up at camp, looked around at all those young faces, the unfamiliar stadium, thought about the brand new playbook, and I realized I was tired of it all," Favre said. "I love being a football player, I love being a quarterback, and I love being a New York Jet. But one thing Deanna and I have talked about is that I love retirement, too."

"At least, I love talking about it," Favre joked. "I guess I have a lot more experience with that than I do actual retirement, now that I think about it."

If Favre were to retire this week, the starter for the first game would be third-year pro Kellen Clemens, a strong-armed but untested passer who has backed up Favre for Favre's entire Jet career.

"I think he's ready," Favre said, noting that he had been doing his best to mentor Clemens over the past few days. "He's been waiting what seems like forever for his shot, and they can't expect him to just sit around while I take, like, a farewell tour around the league. You have to want it at this level, and I'd say that at this point, he wants it a lot more than I do."

In addition to mental fatigue, Favre said rising expectations were putting him under undue pressure.

"Face it, last year I went to the conference championship, so the only way for me to be successful here would be for me to win a Super Bowl," the all-time leader in passing touchdowns said. "And that's a tall order. With me out of the picture, though, these guys will have a great season if they can beat Miami twice. So I think, really, that this is best for the fans."

Coach Eric Mangini admitted that he had spoken to Favre several times concerning his possible retirement, but would not speculate on the team's future either way.

"I told him that only he knew if fatigue was a factor, that he should talk it over with his family, and that I'd respect any decision he made," Mangini said. "A player of his caliber, after everything he's done and with what the name Brett Favre has come represent, it's really no surprise he's tired."

I know its in the past, but those are not the words of a motivated QB.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »

The Patriots are still the Patriots.

But more importantly...

The Jets are still the Jets. 

I-N-E-P-T

body88

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »
The Patriots are still the Patriots.

But more importantly...

The Jets are still the Jets. 

I-N-E-P-T

I think the Jets have the talent now....Mangini is an idiot. He was a coach here for years, and I saw him have his dc power taken away from him on more than one occasion.

Why would you run the ball 3 times,from the five yard line, up the gut, vs the best dline in football?

body88

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 08:53:47 PM »
Found this awesome video for the pure football fans on this board. Details the historic season (and crushing loss in the SB) of the 2007 - 2008 pats. If you like football, you will like this video.

Check it out: