Author Topic: Workout Question  (Read 2707 times)

redfish8

• Getbig I
Workout Question
« on: September 06, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
I am currently 19yrs old 5'8 and around 142. I workout frequently but am I at the point of realizing I may not grow much more and feel that its time to step up my workout plan. I am out to gain more muscle and full physical strength. What are some critical points to becoming big in a decent matter of time. I am currently taking Leukic by Muscle Tech and workout 3 days a week. Any suggestions or comments you have. Anything helps.

Thanks.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Workout Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 02:37:29 AM »
Push/legs/pull is a great starting program. I did it and got good size/strength gains when i was starting out.

Stick to the compounds and just remember that a lot of the time, less is often more.

Keeps cals as high as you need. Protein high (meat, shakes), carbs high-ish (pasta, rice, breads, veggies)

Supps, just buy some protein and creatine. If you wish to buy others, up to you.
No doubt about it...

redfish8

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:31:17 AM »
I think that push pull legs is really good but I have been doing a similar system to that and only seem to increase over time. I have heard that creatine may have some side effects? Is that true?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
Lift heavy. Dont lift too heavy. Get enough rest. Dont rest too much. Eat enough to grow. Dont eat enough so you get fat. Use good form. But cheat a little bit too.     :D

redfish8

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
Thats the downfall don't feel as if I am going to grow much more. What are general ages of growth stop?

Historian Yates

• Getbig V
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & I'm a llama! & Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »
Thats the downfall don't feel as if I am going to grow much more. What are general ages of growth stop?

You can gain muscle at almost any age. There are guys who start training in their 40's and 50's and build impressive physiques. But at 19, that should be the furthest thing from your mind. Age is not your problem.

What does your diet look like? How often, and what foods do you eat? That's the first thing that you need to get right. You can bust your ass in the gym with a great training split...and you won't see results if you're not eating right.

And I think you should ditch the Muscletech Leukic. It's a waste of money and there are far more essential suppliments out there, like webcke said.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 09:16:18 PM »
Leukic, I believe, is a leucine supplmement? Certainly not a waste of money. Lots of research supporting the benefits of leucine. But I agree muscletech is way overpriced.

redfish8

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:48:34 PM »
I dont mean muscle growth i mean height. What supplements increase muscle faster.

Historian Yates

• Getbig V
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & I'm a llama! & Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:44:28 AM »
Leukic, I believe, is a leucine supplement? Certainly not a waste of money. Lots of research supporting the benefits of leucine. But I agree muscletech is way overpriced.

That's fine, but if I only took one supplement, it would not be Leukic or any other BCAA pill. I know they're important, but I don't think they're in "step 1." I would stick to a whey protein powder (Optimum or NOW are good), a creatine powder and a multivitamin as a start. I know those work and what they do from my own experience. Some supps out there I feel like I'm relying only on "research" to tell me they're good. And I wouldn't take any supplements if my diet wasn't at least close to being right. Get the basics down and then worry about all the more specialized products.

Sorry I misunderstood, Redfish. You're likely as tall as you're going to get, but some people grow taller into their college years. I hit 6' at 15 and that was pretty much it for me.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 01:13:26 PM »
Sounds like my stats at the same age. The single biggest change I made, which brought my weight from a lean 148 to a comparably lean 185, was to lift heavy only once a week (per muscle group), to near failure. That, along with eating real food and not supplements, allowed me to gain muscle at an accelerated rate. I put on nearly 40 pounds in 5 years. Good enough for me.

I later on reached 210, but most of that was fat. I have since dieted back down and stay at 185-188 year round.

Good luck with your lifting, but don't expect results overnight.

redfish8

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 08:09:40 PM »
I appreciate it all just trying to find the most effective way to get big fast and stay that way

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
I appreciate it all just trying to find the most effective way to get big fast and stay that way
Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animal, if you're going to supplement, stick with basics, protein, creatine, multivitamin......like you've been told in the above posts, all good advice you've been given here.

No magic pills, it takes time and effort.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:01 PM »
Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animal, if you're going to supplement, stick with basics, protein, creatine, multivitamin......like you've been told in the above posts, all good advice you've been given here.

Quoted for the 100% absolute truth :)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 08:13:35 AM »

Lots of COOKED dead animal, Chaos ...  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »

Lots of COOKED dead animal, Chaos ...  ;)
::)

Cooking is optional, who has time for that anyway?

;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »
"lift intensely, lift briefly, lift infrequently and realize that all your results will depend on your genetics"
 ;D

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 01:36:52 PM »
I am currently 19yrs old 5'8 and around 142. I workout frequently but am I at the point of realizing I may not grow much more and feel that its time to step up my workout plan. I am out to gain more muscle and full physical strength. What are some critical points to becoming big in a decent matter of time. I am currently taking Leukic by Muscle Tech and workout 3 days a week. Any suggestions or comments you have. Anything helps.

Thanks.
your still a young pup...wait till you hit about 25 that is when i really started packing on serious size and
got much stronger I believe you get better with age