Author Topic: PLZ help my screwed up shoulder  (Read 6961 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
PLZ help my screwed up shoulder
« on: August 14, 2008, 03:44:27 PM »
Ok so ive had shoulder problems for a long time and usually when they flare up ill take a break for a week or two and get back into it. This time around though my shoulder isnt getting better even with the rotator cuff exercises. Ive been doing internal/external rotations as well as H rolls and a host of other exercises. The pain seems to be coming from just to the left(toward the neck) of the AC on my right shoulder, it actually feels like its under my trap somewhat...I also get a little pain on what would be on the inside(closest to the spine) of the top part of my shoulder blade...Im freaking desperate here folks, i unfortunately have no insurance so docters arent a possiblity unless it gets so bad i cant move. COACH anybody any advice? or any idea of what might be wrong in my shoulder?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: PLZ help my screwed up shoulder
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:32:33 PM »
I don't have any real valuable thoughts or information here but maybe massage might be somewhat beneficial?  I really don't know.  Hope you get better soon :)
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 11:06:39 PM »
I don't have any real valuable thoughts or information here but maybe massage might be somewhat beneficial?  I really don't know.  Hope you get better soon :)
ahh thanks stella your one of the reasons i keep posting on here...my friend said the same thing and since ive never had a massage before i think im gonna go for one, so keep your fingers crossed.

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 09:11:29 PM »
Ok so ive had shoulder problems for a long time and usually when they flare up ill take a break for a week or two and get back into it. This time around though my shoulder isnt getting better even with the rotator cuff exercises. Ive been doing internal/external rotations as well as H rolls and a host of other exercises. The pain seems to be coming from just to the left(toward the neck) of the AC on my right shoulder, it actually feels like its under my trap somewhat...I also get a little pain on what would be on the inside(closest to the spine) of the top part of my shoulder blade...Im freaking desperate here folks, i unfortunately have no insurance so docters arent a possiblity unless it gets so bad i cant move. COACH anybody any advice? or any idea of what might be wrong in my shoulder?

1. Does it hurt (throb) all the time even at rest?

2. Do you have a full ROM?

3. Can you remember the exact time you started feeling the pain? You need to think back and remember when it first happend.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 12:13:53 AM »
1. Does it hurt (throb) all the time even at rest?

2. Do you have a full ROM?

3. Can you remember the exact time you started feeling the pain? You need to think back and remember when it first happend.
well ive been on ibuprofen pretty constant but it doesnt seem to throb at rest but there is slight pain at times if its in certain positions even at rest

ya i would say i still have full range of motion but there is pain and a feeling of uncertaintiy when my arm is in a position when my shoulder blade isnt at rest like when i retract my shoulder blade or extend my arm out or shrug up or push my shoulder down, more so when i push my shoulder out like in a bench press direction. I new development is that when i make a big circle with my arm kinda like swimmers do to warm up i feel pain in the front of my shoulder kinda around where my front delt overlaps my collar bone when my hand is straight up to about 15 degrees or so in front of me.

well i cant remember what started this last bout in the beginning but i think it was after a workout with close grip benches. I do however remember the exact moment that the pain in the front of my shoulder became worse than normal for my experience. I was trying to get back into it about a week ago and i was doing flat bb benches going relatively light and on the last set i felt 2 small pops in the front of my shoulder they didnt hurt but after i felt pain in my shoulder and the day after it seemed to have gotten worse.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »
I just went through the same thing you are describing.  Used to have pain that would go away with rest but this time it was constant.  Everypne I asked said torn labrum but it ended up being arthritis of the AC joint from overuse.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »
I just went through the same thing you are describing.  Used to have pain that would go away with rest but this time it was constant.  Everypne I asked said torn labrum but it ended up being arthritis of the AC joint from overuse.
im hopeing thats what it is, the collar bone pain stopped but i came off the ibuprofen and my ac joint is pretty tender. Did you go to a doctor to find out?

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:54 AM »
Yes I went to a doctor.  He was able to find out through an MRI.  Unfortunately nothing helped until I stopped lifting.  It has been 6 weeks now but the pain is going away.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
Yes I went to a doctor.  He was able to find out through an MRI.  Unfortunately nothing helped until I stopped lifting.  It has been 6 weeks now but the pain is going away.
ahhh gezz man thats what i was afraid of its been about 3 or 4 weeks since it happend and its getting better but there is still noticeable pain. Did he say how long to take off from the weights?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
ahh thanks stella your one of the reasons i keep posting on here...
Aww thanks tony ;D

Did you get a chance to try a massage yet?  Your injury may be more complicated but I still believe a massage from a qualified therapist could help....and feel great!
R

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 10:10:38 PM »
Aww thanks tony ;D

Did you get a chance to try a massage yet?  Your injury may be more complicated but I still believe a massage from a qualified therapist could help....and feel great!
your welcome  :)

I havent yet ive been pretty busy looking for a job and working and with football season starting now my weekends are pretty booked up  ;D but as soon as i find a job and stop the manual labor i will and im looking forward to it.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
ahhh gezz man thats what i was afraid of its been about 3 or 4 weeks since it happend and its getting better but there is still noticeable pain. Did he say how long to take off from the weights?

he told me 3 months.  When I last posted it was doing better but over the las few days I have seemed to have a set back.  I haven't done any lifting but the pain is coming back.  Especially if I sleep on it or drive/fly long periods.  It seams that resting on the arm rests irritates it. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 09:43:01 AM »
he told me 3 months.  When I last posted it was doing better but over the las few days I have seemed to have a set back.  I haven't done any lifting but the pain is coming back.  Especially if I sleep on it or drive/fly long periods.  It seams that resting on the arm rests irritates it. 
LOL exact same with me man, if i prop it up on my center console and lean on it i can feel some pain and if i roll on top of it in the middle of the night it will wake me up.

Thanks for the info let me know what happens with you

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »
hmmm i seem to alsohave this exact same problem lol
I left mine for 2 months without touching any weight.Going to physio, using creams, getting massages, painkillers, you name it BUT when i decided nuthing is making it any better i started trying to lightly do shoulder presses very slowly and no bullshit the pain has gone tha i used to have at rest.I dunno whats happened but i had the pain for 7 months and tried everything.Ive only now gotten rid of it through training my shoulders with presses again.Maybe a thought...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
hmmm i seem to alsohave this exact same problem lol
I left mine for 2 months without touching any weight.Going to physio, using creams, getting massages, painkillers, you name it BUT when i decided nuthing is making it any better i started trying to lightly do shoulder presses very slowly and no bullshit the pain has gone tha i used to have at rest.I dunno whats happened but i had the pain for 7 months and tried everything.Ive only now gotten rid of it through training my shoulders with presses again.Maybe a thought...
thanks bro, i think im gonna give that a try maybe just start with 20's lol  :P im a fukin beast i know...I know its gotta be a sight to see me doing h rolls with 5lb db's and breaking a sweat while doing it.

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »
yeah I will have to try that..I will just start at home!! can't be seen with 20s or so at the gym...

eho

• Getbig II
  • Support Canadian Chiropractic
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »
You have supraspinatus tendinosis

go see your DC