Author Topic: Q and A with Alberto Nunez  (Read 13249 times)

chimera

• Getbig II
Q and A with Alberto Nunez
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:01:07 AM »

"The most common mistakes I see are the following:

-They usually believe they are a unique snow flake and show less interest than most rank beginners when it comes to learning more about the basics.  Can’t have an Allen Iverson like crossover if you don’t even have a left hand I tell ya!

-Intermediates often believe they are advanced athletes and go on training cycles that are much more invasive than they need to be.  One of my epiphanies in my own training was the day I was able to separate perceived difficulty from what is effective and netting me the progress I want. So you squat four times a week, and finish off with “widow maker” sets and 8 second eccentrics.  I am sure it feels effective, but is it truly what is best for you? Is there possibly a safer and more effective way to perhaps get the same if not better results? One of my favorite quotes out there still echoes in my head when creating programs for my athletes is this dandy."

For the full interview be sure to checkout IA

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
Re: Q and A with Alberto Nunez
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:26:46 PM »

"The most common mistakes I see are the following:

-They usually believe they are a unique snow flake and show less interest than most rank beginners when it comes to learning more about the basics.  Can’t have an Allen Iverson like crossover if you don’t even have a left hand I tell ya!

-Intermediates often believe they are advanced athletes and go on training cycles that are much more invasive than they need to be.  One of my epiphanies in my own training was the day I was able to separate perceived difficulty from what is effective and netting me the progress I want. So you squat four times a week, and finish off with “widow maker” sets and 8 second eccentrics.  I am sure it feels effective, but is it truly what is best for you? Is there possibly a safer and more effective way to perhaps get the same if not better results? One of my favorite quotes out there still echoes in my head when creating programs for my athletes is this dandy."

For the full interview be sure to checkout IA
Nunez is one of the smartest guys out there.