Author Topic: King Kamali - wants to see the original scoresheet from the AC!  (Read 4800 times)

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Re: King Kamali - wants to see the original scoresheet from the AC!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
Can't remember the last time King thought he was placed correctly.  

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »
Can't remember the last time King thought he was placed correctly.  

Probably when he won his pro card.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
i dont see what all the fuss is about really.

firstly, its a myth that the first callout is directly related to your position. Generally- and in fact most times, it involves what the judges think is the top three competitors, but if they're pretty certain who fill those spots then it doesnt necessarily have to be that way.

it may be that they arent too sure about the exact placings of others so want to compare them, or get a reference to one of the top guys.

whatever the rationale- its not a rule- so being in the first callout doesnt really guarantee or even indicate anything. You cant read the judges minds as to why they arranged each comparison.

Secondly, who gives a rats about a judge mentioning to king to hang around?

i'd hardly call it gross incompetence or be all angry about it. They get officially told who's in the top 5- and until then it's unofficial.

if someone whispers in your ear to hang around- sure allow yourself to get a bit excited but dont get too carried away until your officially told. KK is going all psycho based on an alleged whisper.

maybe you didnt hear the guy right?- what do we know- its all hearsay..

and so what about the scoresheets and some circle. again- maybe you didnt see it right, and maybe they circled your name because they wanted to remind themselves that you had the most synthol of anyone in the comp?

all this adds up to a developing psychosis for KK to me. The delusions, the aggression, the sense of paranoia and victimisation.

these are classic symptoms of depression and abnormal mental state- coupled with the questionable pursuit of being a bodybuilder and this one's a timebomb.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »
King was in the first callout at the contest. That got him excited. He knew he was in the top five.

But in the evening, things changed. He didn't look as good. Joel Stubbs looked better.

King may not agree.

As for seeing your name on a scoresheet from the stage, come on. That is hard.

Did someone tell him he was in the top 5? Then they changed their mind?

No judge told King anything at all. King just assumed he was in the top 5 because he was called out in the first round.

The judges did a good job at this contest.

Well bascially you are full of shit.  :D  Plenty of guys were around when King was told he was in the top 5. When he started packing up both Darrem and Jonnie was wondering where the Hell he was going? Secondly, King looked as good if not better at the night show, but not that it mattered since the judging is done at the prejudging. Nice try DICKHEAD.  :D

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 02:36:31 PM »
i dont see what all the fuss is about really.

firstly, its a myth that the first callout is directly related to your position. Generally- and in fact most times, it involves what the judges think is the top three competitors, but if they're pretty certain who fill those spots then it doesnt necessarily have to be that way.

it may be that they arent too sure about the exact placings of others so want to compare them, or get a reference to one of the top guys.

whatever the rationale- its not a rule- so being in the first callout doesnt really guarantee or even indicate anything. You cant read the judges minds as to why they arranged each comparison.

Secondly, who gives a rats about a judge mentioning to king to hang around?

i'd hardly call it gross incompetence or be all angry about it. They get officially told who's in the top 5- and until then it's unofficial.

if someone whispers in your ear to hang around- sure allow yourself to get a bit excited but dont get too carried away until your officially told. KK is going all psycho based on an alleged whisper.

maybe you didnt hear the guy right?- what do we know- its all hearsay..

and so what about the scoresheets and some circle. again- maybe you didnt see it right, and maybe they circled your name because they wanted to remind themselves that you had the most synthol of anyone in the comp?

all this adds up to a developing psychosis for KK to me. The delusions, the aggression, the sense of paranoia and victimisation.

these are classic symptoms of depression and abnormal mental state- coupled with the questionable pursuit of being a bodybuilder and this one's a timebomb.

Spot on...

After EVERY FUCKING CONTEST King places lower than what he thinks he should have, we hear his story of how his family was freaking out and one of his cousins needed to be physically restrained from attacking a judge or some bullshit nonsense.  We also hear that judges and pros came up to him and told him he was in the top 3 but they don't know what happened.  Same lame-ass stories and lack of maturity from a married man in his late 30s.  Dude has some charisma and could have a fan following if he weren't such a "sore loser" or "poor sport" (sorry if these comments offended you, 240)

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
Spot on...

After EVERY FUCKING CONTEST King places lower than what he thinks he should have, we hear his story of how his family was freaking out and one of his cousins needed to be physically restrained from attacking a judge or some bullshit nonsense.  We also hear that judges and pros came up to him and told him he was in the top 3 but they don't know what happened.  Same lame-ass stories and lack of maturity from a married man in his late 30s.  Dude has some charisma and could have a fan following if he weren't such a "sore loser" or "poor sport" (sorry if these comments offended you, 240)

Don't forget how he always "rocks the house" and "was in the best shape he's ever been in."

Sherry is delusional, completely out of touch with how the rest of the world views him. He and Bethany Howlett were made for each other.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »
Spot on...

I just don't get why so many people are calling him a crybaby, loser, ugly, douchebag whiner.

I don't think he's ugly.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 07:36:50 PM »
Well bascially you are full of shit.  :D  Plenty of guys were around when King was told he was in the top 5. When he started packing up both Darrem and Jonnie was wondering where the Hell he was going? Secondly, King looked as good if not better at the night show, but not that it mattered since the judging is done at the prejudging. Nice try DICKHEAD.  :D

hahaha gotta love it ;D

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 12:10:51 PM »
AS the great Ricky Bobby says " If your not first, your last"!

It really doesn't make a rats ass if he was 5th or 115th. He didn't win. People don't train for months just to crack the top 5. King is delusional about where he was "supposed" to be placed. Fact is, he didn't cut the freaking mustard. Get over it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
Who gives a shit how he thinks he "should have" placed.  The placing he got was a gift in itself.

As far as his name being circled on the card, it was probably an inside joke when the judges asked themselve who they thought was the biggest crybaby on stage.  They probably only told him to stick around for the entertainment value of his temper tantrum.  (If they even told him that.)

He is crying his eyes out for what?  It isn't like this is the 1 point difference for a top 3 Mr O or ASC spot.  No, it was top five for a second tier show.  (if you even want to call it second tier.)

How much $$$ did fifth place win again?  he makes it sound as though it were millions.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 02:44:56 PM »
AS the great Ricky Bobby says " If your not first, your last"!

It really doesn't make a rats ass if he was 5th or 115th. He didn't win. People don't train for months just to crack the top 5. King is delusional about where he was "supposed" to be placed. Fact is, he didn't cut the freaking mustard. Get over it.

In bodybuilding they do.  If you crack the top 5 in the Ironman and Arnold you are in the Olympia.  If you crack the top 3 in the other pro qualifiers, you are also in the Arnold.  Getting into the Olympia and then doing well (i.e. cracking the top 5) ups your promotion potential.  Look at Wolf.  He has gotten more sponsorship and advertising work from last year's top 5 Olympia placing than he ever had before.

I agree that King didn't deserve any higher than he placed.  However, his not placing top 5 in any contests in the last few years is probably what lost him his Muscletech sponsorship.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »
When I was competing I can tell you, second place didn't mean anything considering you didn't get to advance to a National qualifier. I understand the promotional aspect of it, but if you can sell yourself, you are a shoe in for a contract. Look at Dave Palumbo a few years back. He's no pro, but was with METRx and other product lines. Did he have the best physique, hardly. He got contracts because he was able to sell himself in a good way to those companies.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: Question for Chick
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2008, 08:17:38 PM »
Bob, please keep an eye out for people calling King names like "poor Loser" and "bad Sport".

They're saying some mean things about him, and it's completely uncalled for.

Pure gold  ;D