Author Topic: Differences in the sexes-in general, bodybuilding, competition, etc  (Read 512 times)

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Sorry for the crummy title,  but I'm coming off 3 12 hour overnight shifts in a row, had 3 drinks and couldn't think of a better way to word it. Several posts and  a lot of experience have me wondering... a caveat - NONE of this is meant to be derogatory in any way. I wanted to make that clear so I can ramble freely, lol.

Givern that there are, and always will be certain inherent diifferences in the way women and men are viewed in the 3 aforemetioned contexts, and thank god, for it keeps the world more interesting, a few things have me curious.  One, lately why do contest reports always seem to have 4 women and two guys in the final photo?. Often the women are fit and attractive, but havent the muscle of the last place mens lightweight, and the figure winners even less- which is a given, but is it fair for someone who may havre lifted (often moderate or even light) weights to get pics in mags, publicity, etc over guys who may have slaved over tons of weights for years, just cause they aren't viewed as marketable sex objects?

2. Why do figure competitors have to wear high heels?  In general, why are women way more into decorating their feet, guys basically using theirs as something to walk with. ...

3 drugs- excessive use turning guys into freaks, but masculinizing women...ramble over, discusss if you care to...

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Differences in the sexes-in general, bodybuilding, competition, etc
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Differences in the sexes-in general, bodybuilding, competition, etc
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
2. Why do figure competitors have to wear high heels?  In general, why are women way more into decorating their feet, guys basically using theirs as something to walk with. ...

Alot of people are into women's feet, no one cares about men's feet.