Author Topic: Calling all cage fighters - serious question  (Read 1936 times)

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Re: Calling all cage fighters - serious question
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »
Have you actually practiced Ninjutsu?  Seems kinda far out with all the sword/spear/shuriken training, or don't they weight that much anymore?  I don't want to assassinate anyone, I just want my skills to be on par with my amazing physique.  ;D
Yes as a teenager, for a novice its all about submitting an opponent a very defensive martial art.

Many years later as a bouncer i was attacked by a guy with a knife, i was able to disarm him.

If i was to recommend a martial art Ninjitsu would be it, back in the day my master had a special class for Police officers.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 09:17:53 AM »
Yes as a teenager, for a novice its all about submitting an opponent a very defensive martial art.

Many years later as a bouncer i was attacked by a guy with a knife, i was able to disarm him.

If i was to recommend a martial art Ninjitsu would be it, back in the day my master had a special class for Police officers.

Fair enough.  I had always dismissed it as a fad since I grew up with the 80's ninja craze going on.  I'll do some digging tho.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »
i'd rather fight some juijitsu fagggot "black belt" who never fights than a bouncer or bartender who fights 4-5 times a week.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
i'd rather fight some juijitsu fagggot "black belt" who never fights than a bouncer or bartender who fights 4-5 times a week.

That's what turns me off about "hard" MA like karate.  They can never really train, not much past kata anyway, without fear of injury.

Wrestling oriented MA allow almost full contact practice in the dojo, and these guys do it plenty.  I've only been to a couple judo classes so far and I'm grateful I haven't ever met a pissed off version of these guys. 

I've been studying finding juji-gatame and ude-garami from 3 common ground positions tho, so tomorrow is payback.  >:(

I bet you'd be damn good at judo, squad.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »
No bouncer fights 4 to 5 times a week or they be dead,Piss easy job i ever had, probaly 1 fight a month and you had backup, much man handling, my Maori freind use to grab a drunk by the ear and drag them out of the club,
Carding young women, lots of tits and ass ;D
If i had daughters they would start martial arts at the age of 6. :o
Arnold For President 2012.2016