Author Topic: How will George W Bush be remembered ?  (Read 5148 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: How will George W Bush be remembered ?
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »
Is the plural of internet a new kind of "internet" or is it the same "internets" Al Gore invented?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 06:06:51 PM »
After a period of hyper inflation in the US, GW will have his pictue on the new 10 billion dollar bill.

We shall remember him each time we use it to buy a loaf of bread.

lol

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 06:54:47 PM »
Is the plural of internet a new kind of "internet" or is it the same "internets" Al Gore invented?
where were you when this happened? ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »
by the way, since you were probably 12, Al Gore DID aid the progress of the internet, and GEORGE W BUSH is the only person to invent the "internets"  whenever someone says internets, the laugh is on W.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
by the way, since you were probably 12, Al Gore DID aid the progress of the internet, and GEORGE W BUSH is the only person to invent the "internets"  whenever someone says internets, the laugh is on W.

You have never mis-spoke, eh Hugo?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »
He'll be remembered as:

Oh crap! Just when I was about to say "If we're lucky, we won't remember him at all". Guess we're not lucky  :-\

The only saving grace in all of this is that while Lionsgate usually produces quality material, their distribution isn't all that wide, so hopefully we can forget the bastard as he sails off to his safe-haven in Paraguay.
w

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
I think he is going to be remembered as the guy in office who made many people realise that we are all being played...Someday when the revolution starts, he will be the face of the enemy

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 03:58:36 AM »
I'll let you know how it goes when I become president ::)  W set a pretty high bar for gaffes so his mark is probably safe ;)

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 05:04:49 AM »

"Yes, I remember when he said that he invented the Internet"......."I heard "W" invented "Weapons of Mass Destruction" :-X

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 05:39:21 AM »
bullshit, he's the biggest failure we've ever had in office, just terrible.

Hmmm....Bush ran for re-election and WON; Carter ran for re-election and got STEAMROLLED by Reagan.

NEXT!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 05:57:14 AM »
Hmmm....Bush ran for re-election and WON; Carter ran for re-election and got STEAMROLLED by Reagan.

NEXT!!!
Does that mean he was a good president to you?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 06:29:51 AM »
Does that mean he was a good president to you?

That means that he was good enough to get re-elected, unlike Carter.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 06:42:39 AM »
From the foreign and social policies standpoint, time will be very kind President Bush as the years go by.  Economically speaking, he will not be as fortunate.  But, anyone who considers the time frame of the economic woes, critics may not be as harsh. 

I also believe that had Al Gore or John Kerry been in office (I literally just cringed at the thought), this nation would have been as divided as it is now.  It's just where we are as a culture. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 07:00:37 AM »
From the foreign and social policies standpoint, time will be very kind President Bush as the years go by.  Economically speaking, he will not be as fortunate.  But, anyone who considers the time frame of the economic woes, critics may not be as harsh. 

I also believe that had Al Gore or John Kerry been in office (I literally just cringed at the thought), this nation would have been as divided as it is now.  It's just where we are as a culture. 

I agree with some of this.  But i do think Iraq will go down as a big blunder for Dubya and it will worsen as time goes on instead of get kinder.  i do think John Kerry could have done a worse job starting in 2004, but who knows.   I'm still unclear as to exactly how we have come to this point in our economy and how our elected representatives helped led us here or contributed to it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2008, 07:14:17 AM »
U Can look back to Carter and his urban reinvestments law in 1977, then tie that to the Clinton push for more loans to minorities. These companies knew full well there would be alot of defaults. Everybody is blaming Phil Graham. He passed a law in 1999 that is allowing the market to correct itself now. His law allowed regular banks to purchase the investment houses. The morgage mess can be directly tied to the Dems, again legislating with the heart, as opposed to tieing this all to Bush or the Repubs.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2008, 08:16:40 AM »
U Can look back to Carter and his urban reinvestments law in 1977, then tie that to the Clinton push for more loans to minorities. These companies knew full well there would be alot of defaults. Everybody is blaming Phil Graham. He passed a law in 1999 that is allowing the market to correct itself now. His law allowed regular banks to purchase the investment houses. The morgage mess can be directly tied to the Dems, again legislating with the heart, as opposed to tieing this all to Bush or the Repubs.

But after 6 years of full republican control nothing was done.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 08:17:50 AM »
Cha-Ching!   ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2008, 08:19:43 AM »
But after 6 years of full republican control nothing was done.

Bush tried and McCain bitched about it as well, but yes, the bottom line was that nothing was done on either side.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »
Cha-Ching!   ;D

That's actually faulty logic becuase the conditions of each of their presidencies were not the same.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2008, 08:44:27 AM »
Bush tried and McCain bitched about it as well, but yes, the bottom line was that nothing was done on either side.

Well then, "we" should make sure to identify blame accordingly.    ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 08:45:33 AM »
I have....both sides. The Dems for starting this mess and the Repubs for not doing much beyond bitching about it.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 12:04:48 PM »
The thing is, in my opinion they're not just negligent like past presidential administrations.  Many of the things they have done that have hurt our Country were planed and executed with the end result in mind.
very true, and this is why its so disturbing. here are some of Bush's grand accomplishments:

-repeats the relatively recent mistake of vietnam with his miguided, disatrous iraq war. administration purposely misleads the public as well as our allies to get support for invasion

-thousands of americans get killed due to completely inept planning and management, lack of proper care of troops, Bush claims MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 2 weeks in, and 5 years later his party mates are still saying 'we're on the verge of victory!' as they have been repeating the last 5 YEARS as american troops continue dying for no clear reason, simply holding the seams together.

-vice president cheney's company is given the rights to rebuild iraq, making huge profits

-lowest approval rating of any president ever

-damaged our relationships with our allies and completely tarnished our nation's reputation around the world

-has done more to infringe on the constitution and erode civil rights than any president ever

-took over a good economic standing and turned it into the biggest deficit ever seen, a number so huge even the monopoly guy couldnt pronounce it

-continues to drastically put us deeper in the hole, indebting us to foreign nations

-cost of gas quadruples

-high unemployment, worst economic situation since the GREAT DEPRESSION

-those factors are compunded by drastically rising cost for virtually any groceries

-as americans struggle to get by, huge numbers of foreigners take advantage of our weak economy and move in. suddenly spanish seems like the predominant language in parts of the southwest where it was uncommon before. most of new york's landmark skyscrapers are bought and owned by foreigners

-administration has chosen to continue to largely ignore environmental concerns/pander to big (oil)business

-has given a half-assed at best attempt to promote/create alternative energy opportunites in a time when we need it most

the question is, is there ANYTHING this administration HASNT squandered? is there any area they have not taken us 5 steps backwards in? what GOOD things have they done exactly? not for themselves i mean, but for americans? haha worst ever.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »

but answer my question..do you think he was a good president?

but he has nothing to do with his re-election...Rove is a master mind

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »

Misspoken.
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
He is the Uniter.

He is a compassionate conservative.

But most of all, he will be remembered as a leader b/c he has led.