Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 104134 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #350 on: November 04, 2019, 08:37:28 AM »
'It happens a lot': Biden confuses Ohio and Iowa at campaign event
by Naomi Lim
November 03, 2019

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa —⁠ Joe Biden mistakenly said he was in Ohio rather than Iowa, the latest error by the former vice president as he tries to lock down support in the first state to vote in the 2020 Democratic nominating season.

“How many unsafe bridges do you still have here in the state of Ohio? I mean Iowa,” Biden said in Cedar Rapids on Saturday in response to a question about infrastructure. “I was just in Ohio. Because they have more."

This is a pattern with Joe Biden.

While in IOWA, Biden says he is in “OHIO.” pic.twitter.com/xqZoQwWwtY

— Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) November 2, 2019
The misstep didn't go unnoticed by attendees at the fundraiser for Democratic candidates, hosted by first-term Iowa Democratic Rep. Abby Finkenauer.

"At the fish fry in Cedar Rapids, Biden says he’s in Ohio instead of Iowa. Quickly corrects himself but I spotted some in the crowd shaking their heads,” the Wall Street Journal's Tarini Parti tweeted.

At the fish fry in Cedar Rapids, Biden says he’s in Ohio instead of Iowa. Quickly corrects himself but I spotted some in the crowd shaking their heads.

— Tarini Parti (@tparti) November 2, 2019
Kathleen Tupker, 39, shrugged off the mistake, saying "it happens a lot."

"He corrected himself right away," said the stay-at-home mother from Marion, Iowa. "There were a few giggles from the audience. It wasn’t super pronounced."

In August, Biden, 76, confused New Hampshire for Vermont during a campaign stop in Keene.

His fumble followed a disruption at the opening of a new field office in Des Moines, Iowa, Saturday morning.

"The press wants very much, and some of the opponents, want to very much categorize views in terms of whether you're thinking big. And if you're criticize something that you think is outlandish, you must be Republican," the 36-year Delaware senator said before getting interrupted by protesters. "The vision I have for this country, there is nothing small about it. It is like going to the moon."

Biden supporters tried to drown out the Sunrise Movement demonstrators, who bore a sign saying, “Biden bought out by big oil,” but the two-term vice president told them to let the protesters speak.

"This is not Republican time," he said.

The demonstrators, however, walked out chanting, "Which side are you on?" before Biden could address his concerns.

“Folks, if you noticed, they left before I had could answer the question, number one. Number two, this is what is going on that's wrong with our party right now: that everything is taken in context that are not accurate," he said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/it-happens-a-lot-biden-confuses-ohio-and-iowa-at-campaign-event

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: November 04, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »
"what is going on that's wrong with our party right now: that everything is taken in context that are not accurate,"

Channeling Slick Willy on this one. He's senile. Getting hard to watch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2019, 09:20:57 AM »
Joe Biden: 'Nobody Says You Can Have a Magazine With 100 Clips In It'
Brittany M. Hughes , @RealBrittHughes
November 11, 2019

Former Vice President and 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden thinks big scary boom-boom guns are really bad and you probably shouldn’t have them.

Especially a “magazine with a hundred clips in it.” You definitely shouldn’t have one of those.

“I believe in the Second Amendment, but nobody says you can have a magazine with 100 clips in it,” Biden blabbered, before quickly correcting, “100 bullets in it.”

. . .

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/joe-biden-nobody-says-you-can-have-magazine-100-clips-it

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2019, 11:09:41 AM »
Is he still making appearances? ZERO coverage of this dolt.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2019, 11:45:52 AM »
November 11, 2019

Former Vice President and 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden thinks big scary boom-boom guns are really bad and you probably shouldn’t have them.

Especially a “magazine with a hundred clips in it.” You definitely shouldn’t have one of those.

“I believe in the Second Amendment, but nobody says you can have a magazine with 100 clips in it,” Biden blabbered, before quickly correcting, “100 bullets in it.”

. . .

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/joe-biden-nobody-says-you-can-have-magazine-100-clips-it

Nitpicking.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
November 11, 2019

. . .

Senile creepy Joe can't stop embarrassing himself..

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2019, 12:22:37 PM »
Nitpicking.

True. But when you have the habit of correcting half of what you say there will be those in the wings just waiting for the next time.

Also, since every dem is apparently anti-gun they should have at least a working knowledge and preferably be expert if they expect to take an unpopular stance.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2019, 12:45:13 PM »

True. But when you have the habit of correcting half of what you say there will be those in the wings just waiting for the next time.

Also, since every dem is apparently anti-gun they should have at least a working knowledge and preferably be expert if they expect to take an unpopular stance.

If he's correcting half of what he says, he needs new speech writers. If it is a situation that requires he talks extemporaneously and he frequently misspeaks, it is worrisome. I've made it pretty clear that I think three of the candidates are too old to serve as President. I'm hoping one of the younger contenders gains traction with the voters. Incidentally, I also believe Trump is too old now and he will be even older in 2020.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: November 21, 2019, 09:50:47 AM »
Biden, in Democratic debate, says you have to 'keep punching' to address domestic violence
Maureen Groppe
USA TODAY

Vice President Joe Biden was asked Wednesday night how he would address sexual violence.

His response during the Democratic debate drew laughter from the crowd.

The former vice president was on firm ground when he began his answer by reminding the audience that he authored legislation to address violence against women.

He then argued that “No man has a right to raise a hand to a woman in anger other than in self-defense, and that rarely ever occurs.”

“So we have to just change the culture, period,” Biden said.  “And keep punching at it and punching it and punching at it.”

Biden was one of 10 Democratic candidates to take the stage in Atlanta to debate a range of topics that included, health care, violence, impeachment and defeating President Trump.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/11/20/democrat-debate-biden-keep-punching-domestic-violence/4256766002/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #359 on: November 21, 2019, 10:12:08 AM »
This is why there are so many candidates still in there this late in the game. Everyone knows this guy is a goof and has no shot.

From what I’ve read, it was Obama who encouraged Duval Patrick to enter the race.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
This is why there are so many candidates still in there this late in the game. Everyone knows this guy is a goof and has no shot.

From what I’ve read, it was Obama who encouraged Duval Patrick to enter the race.

I heard the same thing.  And Patrick is not exactly off to a rousing start.

Deval Patrick would like to be president. Only two people showed up to his event at Morehouse.
By Katie Mettler
November 21, 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/21/deval-patrick-would-like-be-president-only-two-people-showed-up-his-event-morehouse/

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »
Everyone's missing the deal here.

TPTB want BIDEN in office... no matter what.

He WILL win the nomination no matter how bad he performs on stage against other Dems

The "hate trump" crowd will come out in full force to vote "hate trump" no matter who the dem candidate is...

BIDEN wins 2020 as more people hate trump than are for him

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2019, 12:06:38 PM »
Everyone's missing the deal here.

TPTB want BIDEN in office... no matter what.

He WILL win the nomination no matter how bad he performs on stage against other Dems

The "hate trump" crowd will come out in full force to vote "hate trump" no matter who the dem candidate is...

BIDEN wins 2020 as more people hate trump than are for him

Agree on the nomination. Disagree on the general. Trump wins easily. TPTB wanted Hillary in 2016. Trump is in an exponentially stronger position now.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: November 21, 2019, 01:34:34 PM »
Biden is in a perpetual fog on his own talking points, which on their own are malleable and cloudy.

Trump only loses if stock market crashes.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »
Biden, in Democratic debate, says you have to 'keep punching' to address domestic violence
Maureen Groppe
USA TODAY

Vice President Joe Biden was asked Wednesday night how he would address sexual violence.

His response during the Democratic debate drew laughter from the crowd.

The former vice president was on firm ground when he began his answer by reminding the audience that he authored legislation to address violence against women.

He then argued that  “No man has a right to raise a hand to a woman in anger other than in self-defense, and that rarely ever occurs.”

“So we have to just change the culture, period,” Biden said.  “And keep punching at it and punching it and punching at it.”

Biden was one of 10 Democratic candidates to take the stage in Atlanta to debate a range of topics that included, health care, violence, impeachment and defeating President Trump.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/11/20/democrat-debate-biden-keep-punching-domestic-violence/4256766002/

Out of everyone on that stage, Creepy Joe is the last person who should talking about raising a hand or touching.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »
Out of everyone on that stage, Creepy Joe is the last person who should talking about raising a hand or touching.

Two of my friends (mother and daughter) posted a picture they recently took with Biden, who they called our next president.  I commented and said don't stand under the mistletoe.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2019, 10:29:25 AM »
Biden attacks voter at campaign event: 'You're a damn liar'
by Joseph Simonson
 & Emily Larsen
December 05, 2019

NEW HAMPTON, IOWA — Joe Biden lashed out at a voter during a town hall event in Iowa, marking one of the tensest moments the former vice president has faced on the Democratic campaign trail so far.

"You're a damn liar, man. That's not true. And no one has ever said that, no one has heard that," Biden told the 86-year-old man after being asked questions about his role in the Burisma Holdings affair and his age on Thursday afternoon.

Biden's response prompted the man to push back, saying he heard allegations of impropriety regarding his role in the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor that was investigating the board of a company Biden's son, Hunter, was serving on.

"You see it on the TV? I know you do. By the way, that's why I'm not sedentary ... The reason I'm running is that I've been around a long time, and I know more than most people know, and I can get things done. That's why I'm running," Biden said. "And if you wanna check out my shape on, let's do push-ups together men, let's run, let's do whatever you want to do."

Chief Political Correspondent Byron York on the expanded Washington Examiner magazine

Biden's response earned applause from the audience, he then proceeded to deny any allegations that he acted improperly during his time in the White House.

The voter then interjected again, saying he never accused the former vice president of doing anything wrong, which only agitated the voter further.

"You said I set up my son to work in an oil company, isn't that what you said? Get your word straight, Jack," Biden said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-attacks-voter-at-campaign-event-youre-a-damn-liar

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »
‘I’m Sorry, Excuse Me’: Biden Off by 40 Years, Mistakes 1976 for 2014
Calls Iowa voter 'damn liar,' challenges him to push-up contest
Paul Crookston - DECEMBER 5, 2019

Former vice president Joe Biden on Thursday could not remember during which century the Obama administration took place, and also called a voter a "damn liar."

Speaking in New Hampton, Iowa, at a stop on his "No Malarkey" tour, Biden worked to recall the year the Obama administration signed an executive order, ending up with the year 1976.

"There's the Dreamers program, there's also a program that said we're not going to separate families, we're going to allow families to stay together while they go through the process, and the Court said you can't … We did that in 1976," he said.

"And, I mean—I'm sorry, excuse me," he added. "Backing up here—2014."

. . .

https://freebeacon.com/politics/biden-unsure-what-century-obama-was-president/?fbclid=IwAR3UdRslI4WbfObr-2MRquTyE5VxxziASi_-iKVyyeqTzpNRHsKr4EESb-s

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
I guess it's possible he misspoke given how he is often unable to put more than a few complete coherent sentences together.

“To be clear: Any assertion VP Biden said a word about the gentleman’s appearance is making this something it is not,” Biden’s senior adviser Symone Sanders wrote on Twitter Thursday as users tweeted the hashtag #lookfat. “In the latter part of the exchange, the VP began to say ‘Look, facts’ then said ‘here’s the deal.’ If you’ve been to a Biden event, you’ve heard this before.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/05/joe-biden-takes-heat-for-allegedly-saying-look-fat-he-once-slammed-trump-for-implying-kim-jong-un-is-fat/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2019, 05:01:19 PM »
http://dlvr.it/RM6yWl

Ha ha ha ha ! 

Failure joe Biden previously mocked Texas gov for allowing guns in church.   

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: December 31, 2019, 01:51:52 PM »
Biden deserves brickbats for earlier criticism of Texas gun law, says CCRKBA

Former Vice President Joe Biden deserves every brickbat being thrown in his direction in the aftermath of Sunday’s church shooting incident in Texas for declaring in September that the state’s new law allowing guns in churches is “irrational,” the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

But Biden should not be alone in the hot seat, said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb.

“The deafening silence from Biden’s fellow Democrats still in the presidential race is equally telling,” Gottlieb observed. “Not one of them has stepped forward to offer even faint praise for the courage of Jack Wilson, who used his legally-carried pistol to stop the shotgun-wielding killer from wreaking more havoc at the West Freeway Church of Christ.

“The gun control crowd has been predictably silent,”
he continued, “because the use of firearms by private citizens in defense of themselves and others—especially a large crowd of worshippers in a church—just doesn’t fit the extremist gun control narrative.”

Sunday’s tragic incident was ended in six seconds after the gunman, identified as a man with a criminal record in at least three states, fatally shot two members of the church congregation. Wilson’s quick action and accuracy prevented further carnage.

“Within seconds,” Gottlieb noted, “video of the tragic incident revealed at least seven more church members with drawn guns carefully closing in on the downed killer. Their responsible use of firearms to defend their fellow congregants is exactly why Texas enacted its new laws. At the very least, Biden should apologize for his earlier criticism.

“Biden’s trash talk in September symbolizes everything wrong with his party’s increasing hostility toward law-abiding gun owners and the Second Amendment,” he said. “This year, we’ve already heard proposals for mandatory buybacks, registration and licensing, gun bans and Beto O’Rourke’s outright threat of confiscation. If anyone has been irrational, it’s Biden and his fellow Democrats for their demagoguery and anti-rights hysteria.

“What happened Sunday in Texas,” Gottlieb concluded, “reminded us all of individual heroism, and that actions always speak louder than words, and that brave people act while politicians pontificate.”

https://www.ccrkba.org/biden-deserves-brickbats-for-earlier-criticism-of-texas-gun-law-says-ccrkba/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2020, 10:38:26 AM »
With American Lives at Stake, Joe Biden Proves He's Wrong on Foreign Policy -- Again
Townhall.com ^ | January 3, 2020 | Katie Pavlich
Posted on 1/3/2020, 1:09:39 PM by Kaslin

Democrat 2020 hopeful and former Vice President Joe Biden berated President Trump for giving the order to take out Iranian terrorist leader Qassem Soleimani in a Baghdad drone strike Thursday night.

"No American will mourn Qassem Soleimani's passing. He deserved to be brought to justice for his crimes against American troops and thousands of innocents throughout the region. He supported terror and sowed chaos. None of that negates the fact that this a hugely escalator move in an already dangerous region. The Administration's statement says that its goal is to deter future attacks by Iran, but this action almost certainly will have the opposite effect. President Trump just tossed a stick of dynamite into a tinderbox, and he owes the American people an explanation of the strategy and plan to seep safe our troops and embassy personnel, our people and our interests, both here at home and abroad, and our partners throughout the region and beyond," Biden released in a statement.

"I'm not privy to the intelligence and much remains unknown, but Iran will surely respond. We could be on the brink of a major conflict across the Middle East. I hope the Administration has thought through the second and third order consequences of the path they have chosen. But I fear this Administration has not demonstrated at any turn the discipline or long-term vision necessary and the stakes could not be higher," he continued.

For years the Trump administration has clearly and succinctly laid out it's policy toward Iran: maximum pressure through sanctions and military force when necessary to protect Americans and U.S. interests. It's working and has reversed the failed Obama/Biden appeasement polices toward the terrorist regime.

Soleimani was planning imminent attacks in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon against American targets. President Trump took decisive action to prevent him from doing so, saving lives.

Biden's reaction is typical and wrong. After all, he's blown pretty much every foreign policy call he's ever made over the past four decades. He advised President Obama not to go after Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.

Over to you, Secretary Gates.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2020, 11:36:08 PM »
Fact-Checker Alert! Biden Lies to Fox About Opposing Raid on Osama bin Laden in 2011
By Tim Graham | January 4, 2020
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2020/01/04/fact-checker-alert-biden-lies-fox-about-opposing-raid-osama-bin-laden

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »
What a train wreck. 

Biden Says Only Felons Should Be Deported And He Doesn’t ‘Count Drunk Driving as a Felony’
By TOBIAS HOONHOUT
January 21, 2020

Former vice president Joe Biden said Monday that “I don’t count drunk driving as a felony” during a Vice News panel on minority issues, despite falsely claiming for years that his first wife and daughter were killed by a drunk driver.

Biden’s comments came after he was asked “what exact changes would you bring to ICE as an agency,” and he responded by saying he would fire an agent who tried to deport an undocumented immigrant not charged with a felony.

“You change the culture by saying you are going to get fired. You are fired if, in fact, you do that. You only arrest for the purpose of dealing with a felony that’s committed, and I don’t count drunk driving as a felony,” Biden said.

Following a 1972 tragedy in which Biden’s first wife and baby daughter were killed when their car was struck by a tractor-trailer, Biden stated that the other driver was drinking at the time of the accident, despite the driver never being charged with drunk driving.

In a 2001 speech at the University of Delaware, he told the crowd that an “it was an errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit—a tractor-trailer—hit my children and my wife and killed them.”

“A tractor-trailer, a guy who allegedly — and I never pursued it — drank his lunch instead of eating his lunch, broadsided my family and killed my wife instantly and killed my daughter instantly and hospitalized my two sons,” Biden said while campaigning in 2007.

After CBS aired Biden’s unfounded criticisms in 2008, the man’s daughter told a reporter from the News Journal in Delaware that there no evidence to the accusations.

The family feels these statements are both hurtful and untrue and we didn’t know where they originated from,” Pamela Hamill said at the time. She told Politico last January that, following a 2009 report from CBS on how her father Curtis Dunn “was haunted and was tormented” by the crash, Biden called to apologize.

He apologized for hurting my family in any way,” she said. “So we accepted that — and kind of end of story from there.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-says-only-felons-should-be-deported-and-he-doesnt-count-drunk-driving-as-a-felony/

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »
Biden is desperate.  His latest argument why he's better than Bernie?  "candidates down ballot in South Carolina will do better with me".  As if any white democrat has any sort of snowballs chance in hell of winning anything in South Carolina.