Author Topic: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth aka Weekend at Biden's Thread  (Read 104209 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Official Biden Foot in Mouth Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »
Republicans Mad Biden Used 'Blitzkrieg' to Describe Campaign Tactics
Published July 01, 2010
FoxNews.com

Republicans are accusing Democrats of invoking Nazis after Vice President Biden sent out a fundraising message warning of the looming "GOP blitzkrieg" of dirty campaign tactics.

The e-mail was sent via the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. In it, Biden warned that House Democrats would "be hit with a GOP blitzkrieg of vicious Swift-Boat-style attack ads, Karl Rove-inspired knockout tactics, thinly veiled attempts at character assassination and Tea Party disruptions."

Republicans took exception at the characterization, given that "blitzkrieg" was a term to describe Germany's military offensives during World War II. A spokesman for House Minority Leader John Boehner told The New York Daily News that "invoking the Nazis' crimes against humanity in a political debate is simply inappropriate."

Invoking Nazism and the Holocaust has become a common rhetorical war-fighting tactic since last summer's health care debate. But while the word blitzkrieg, which literally means "lightning war," was used to describe the Germans' lethal combination of tanks, troops and fighter planes during World War II, it has since become anglicized. The shortened form of the word, blitz, is commonly used in sports and other settings to describe any intense campaign or attack.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/01/republicans-mad-biden-used-blitzkrieg-campaign-tactics/?test=latestnews

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »
 :o  This isn't a foot in mouth statement, but wasn't sure where else to put it.   :D

Biden says Bush deserves 'a lot of credit'
Posted: September 9th, 2010
From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) - While President Obama took a measured tone in referencing his predecessor during the Oval Office address on Iraq last month, Vice President Biden appeared to go considerably further Thursday in his praise of former President Bush.

"I've never known a time when you didn't care about what happened. We disagreed on policy. You deserve a lot of credit, Mr. President," Biden, looking straight into the camera, told Bush during an appearance on The Colbert Report Wednesday night.

"Mr. President, thank you," Biden also said. "You've honored these guys. You've honored these women. You've honored these troops."

The comments surpassed those of Obama, who, in his address announcing the end of combat missions in Iraq, thanked the former president for supporting the troops but refrained from crediting him for his role in conducting the war – specifically his implementation of the surge strategy in 2007 that is widely credited with improving security conditions in the country.

The move riled many Republicans who say the risky strategy - which both Obama and Biden opposed when they were presidential candidates during the early stages of the 2008 race for the White House - was vital to bringing about an end to the conflict.

Biden also tried out a new gig Wednesday night, delivering hot dogs to Iraq War veterans in the show's audience – a move that was played off as a surprise to the mock conservative talk-show host:

"Hey, hot dog guy!" Colbert yelled.

"Hey, man – to you, it's Mr. Vice President hot dog guy!" said Biden, revealing his face. "Read your Constitution, man," Biden continued. "I got two constitutional duties."

"I thought it was just breaking ties in the senate?" Colbert responded.

"No, the other was giving hot dogs to returning warriors," said Biden.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/09/biden-says-bush-deserves-a-lot-of-credit/#more-121377

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »
I saw the clip with Biden.  To be honest, I was proud of how he acted with the soldiers.  Its was a nice moment for sure and I completely forgot about his stupid shit seeing that. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
It was a good thing.  Props to him. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2010, 01:36:02 PM »
Biden riles the crowd: 'You’re the dullest audience I’ve ever spoken to'
By Jordan Fabian - 10/07/10 02:48 PM ET

Vice President Joe Biden got a laugh from his audience at a Wisconsin fundraising event Thursday when he tried to rile the crowd about the economic collapse of 2008.

“We want to reward people who manufacture things in the United States, in Wisconsin, not to take them overseas to China and to other countries!” he said to a silent room at the event for Democratic gubernatorial nominee Tom Barrett, according to a White House pool report.

He continued, saying, “You’re the dullest audience I’ve ever spoken to," at which point he got applause and laughs. "Do you realize how many jobs Wisconsin lost? It’s staggering!"

Biden and President Obama have made frequent campaign stops in recent weeks in an attempt to jolt Democrats who are lagging Republicans in voter enthusiasm measures, in part due to the slowing pace of the economic recovery under the administration's watch.

Biden's appearance Thursday was in the state capital of Madison, which hosted a crowd of 26,000 to see President Obama speak at rally targeted at young voters the week prior.

The vice president has argued at previous events that Democrats have begun to reverse the momentum that had them sliding to large losses on Election Day. He has also taken several pointed shots at the GOP, jokingly saying this week that he would "strangle" Republicans who talk about the deficit.

On Thursday, he took a jab at the House GOP's "Pledge to America," governing agenda.

“The pledge half baked … folks, we’ve been in that oven before," he said. "This pledge is a threat to America."

________________________ ___________

ha ha ha ha

GO GET EM JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
According to your own article he got some laughs out of it... doesn't really seem like he put his foot in his mouth.

come on - that is utterly ridiculous thing to say on bidens' part. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »
According to your own article he got some laughs out of it... doesn't really seem like he put his foot in his mouth.

Not my article, and I wasn't there, but not something he should have said to an audience IMO.  Also, the article mentions him joking about strangling Republicans.  He's a walking gaffe machine.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2010, 01:46:34 PM »
Then why did the audience laugh at it?

If it was soooo bad, then wouldn't everyone had just sat there?

Obviously the crowd was quiet so he was trying to pump them up... It got a reaction, a laugh. That is a POSITIVE reaction.

Very common reaction.  I'm sure some of it was nervous laughter.  People had to be caught off guard.    

One example, do you recall when Limbaugh was on ESPN and made his dumb comments about McNabb?  A couple of the commentators actually laughed at his comments.  Happens a lot.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »
Here is the full comment about strangling.

If I hear one more Republican tell me about balancing the budget, I am going to strangle them,” Biden said at a fundraiser in Minnesota, according to a pool report. “To the press, that’s a figure of speech.”

President Obama and other members of the administration have ridiculed Republicans as trying to have it both ways on budget issues. For all the GOP's complaints about the ballooning deficit over the past 20 months, Democrats charge, their plan to extend all tax cuts for top earners would add hundreds of billions to the debt.

“These guys have absolutely no credibility, no credibility on debt,” Biden said.

But Republicans argue that the administration has been reckless in its handling of the economy, pointing foremost to the administration's $787 billion stimulus plan, which Republicans assert has not created jobs at a massive cost to taxpayers.

He immediately following the statement, said “To the press, that’s a figure of speech.”

That's not really a threat... Are republicans pussies now?

Seriously?

Um, I said it was joke.  I don't think anyone is disputing that.  It was just another in a long line of dumb comments from Biden. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »
Nope... Didn't hear it. However, you're making an assumption about the audience that you truly don't know and you're tossing it in a thread about OBVIOUS gaffs that Biden has made... This isn't one of them... Sorry Beach.
Doesn't seem dumb to me... Shit, maybe we should strangle some people around Capital Hill... There's a lot of people I'd probably strangle if I thought I could get away with it.

Yes, I'm making an assumption, just like you are.  

There are a lot of things I would say in private that I would never say in front of an audience.  After all his years in public service, Biden still hasn't learned that distinction.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
Biden with the one liners. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
Biden: "If We Lose, We're Going To Play Hell"
RealClearPolitics ^ | October 8, 2010 | RealClearPolitics

Posted on Friday, October 08, 2010 3:39:44 PM by i88schwartz

"This is not your father's Republican party. This is a different brand," Vice President Joe Biden said in Washington state.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

________________________ ________________

Bring it on! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »
Biden: Obama Has A "Brain Bigger Than His Skull" (video)
RealClearPolitics ^ | October 15, 2010 | RealClearPolitics

Vice President Biden says President Obama has a "brain bigger than his skull and a heart to match both" at a rally for Chris Coons (D-DE)

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _________

Ha ha ha. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »
Here is the full comment about strangling.

If I hear one more Republican tell me about balancing the budget, I am going to strangle them,” Biden said at a fundraiser in Minnesota, according to a pool report. “To the press, that’s a figure of speech.”

President Obama and other members of the administration have ridiculed Republicans as trying to have it both ways on budget issues. For all the GOP's complaints about the ballooning deficit over the past 20 months, Democrats charge, their plan to extend all tax cuts for top earners would add hundreds of billions to the debt.

“These guys have absolutely no credibility, no credibility on debt,” Biden said.

But Republicans argue that the administration has been reckless in its handling of the economy, pointing foremost to the administration's $787 billion stimulus plan, which Republicans assert has not created jobs at a massive cost to taxpayers.

He immediately following the statement, said “To the press, that’s a figure of speech.”

That's not really a threat... Are republicans pussies now?

Seriously?

Not a threat,just another silly statement.Biden couldnt strangle his one inch pecker,forget actually strangling another man.He is a gutless coward and the dumbest man in the history of the senate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »
Biden: Obama viewed as aloof because he’s ’so brilliant’
The Daily Caller ^ | 11-19-10 | Jonathan Strong

The vice president is a talker, and then some. But in a new interview with GQ, he managed some gems, even for Joe Biden.

For instance, reporter Lisa DePaulo pressed Biden repeatedly on why President Obama isn’t connecting with the American public and is instead viewed as professorial and aloof. “So what is it?” asked DePaulo.

“I think what it is, is he’s so brilliant. He is an intellectual,” Biden said.

Also, Obama has a “blind faith” in the American public’s ability to understand the benefits of his policies. “[He says] ‘No. The American people get this. Just tell them. Just go out there and do the right thing’,” Biden said.

Biden went on to explain how Obama’s childhood shows he does, in fact, deeply understand the American public. “Look, think about the guy. This is an African American who had a Caucasian mother, raised in a Caucasian neighborhood by Caucasian grandparents. Talk about a guy who knows what it’s like. This is a guy who gets it,” Biden said.

Less importantly, but more hilariously, Biden revealed his dad failed utterly in imparting a key lesson on his young Pennsylvanian son.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailycaller.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »
[LARRY] KING: We're back with Joe Biden, the vice president.

The former Guantanamo detainee is tried on a -- in a civilian court. He's acquitted on all but one of 280 charges. The other side says he should have been found guilty on all of them. One side said, though, if it's a result of terror, you can't introduce it in court.

Where do you stand?

JOE BIDEN: Well, if it's a result of torture --

KING: Torture, I'm sorry.

JOE BIDEN: Look, the fact of the matter is what's going to happen to him, he's going to go to jail for a minimum of 20 years to life. Had he been tried in a tribunal, which some of the critics say he should have been tried in a military tribunal, the same evidence -- and they voted for the change in the rule of the tribunal, the same evidence would have been inadmissible.

If we held them, as some have suggested on the right, just held them indefinitely as a -- as a -- basically a detainee, a prisoner of war, the idea that Guantanamo is going to be around in 50 years and him still in jail with -- I think our bets are better.

This proves what exactly what George Bush did. When you go to so-called Article 3 courts, that is try in federal courts, all this stuff was you can't try them in federal courts, you've got to worry about terrorists attacking the court. You can't try him in federal courts, they're not going to get sentenced.

He's getting a longer sentence. He'll be in jail longer than if any other method were tried. Same thing George Bush did with the shoe bomber. Same thing he did with the 24th hijacker.

KING: So you're saying, in the future, with others, you would go civilian court?

JOE BIDEN: Yes. There's no reason not to go with civilian court based on this case at least.

. . . .

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/18/lkl.01.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2010, 04:03:12 PM »
What a clown. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »
I don't see what's so "weird" about this.

He's not saying something that so off the wall.

Reach much?

I didn't say his comments were "weird." 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2010, 11:12:17 AM »
You're saying this was a foot in mouth? I don't understand why?

This is the part I have a problem with:

KING: So you're saying, in the future, with others, you would go civilian court?

JOE BIDEN: Yes. There's no reason not to go with civilian court based on this case at least.

Ridiculous.  Nearly all of the government's case was wiped out.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
So because you have a problem with it, he put his foot in his mouth... Gotcha.

Lots of people think civil trials are the way to go... Some think Military tribunals.

I think you just have a hard on for Joe Biden and can't help but say his name.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »
A preemptive foot in mouth comment.   :)

Biden Predicts 500,000 Jobs Created a Month Soon

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rOVz_N5t2i8J:nation.foxnews.com/vice-president-joe-biden/2010/04/23/biden-predicts-500000-jobs-created-month-soon+biden+500,000+jobs+a+month&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

________________________ ________________________ _________

Vice President Biden predicted Friday at a Pennsylvania fundraiser that the U.S. economy would be adding up to 500,000 jobs each month "some time in the next couple of months."

"All in all we're going to be creating somewhere between 100[,000] and 200,000 jobs next month, I predict," Biden said, according to a pool report, adding that he "got in trouble" for a job growth prediction last month. "Even some in the White House said, 'Hey, don't get ahead of yourself.' Well, I'm here to tell you, some time in the next couple of months, we're going to be creating between 250,000 jobs a month and 500,000 jobs a month."

"We caught a lot of bad breaks on the way down," Biden added. "We're going to catch a few good breaks because of good planning on the way up."

Most forecasters had expected about 200,000 new jobs to be created in March. Instead, a total of 162,000 new jobs were created on non-farm payrolls -- the biggest one-month jobs gain in the past three years, but still well below what economists were predicting.

________________________ ________________________ __________

FAIL

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »
Joe Biden says troops will leave Afghanistan by 2014 'come hell or high water'
Vice President Joe Biden has promised that all American troops will leave Afghanistan within four years, stating that "we're going to be totally out of there, come hell or high water, by 2014".
By Toby Harnden, Washington 4:56PM GMT 20 Dec 2010

The statement went much further than any other American official and appeared to contradict President Barack Obama, who said just last month that there would be a reduced number of troops by 2014 but exact force levels were undecided.

Mr Biden, who has long had a reputation for speaking carelessly, also told NBC's "Meet the Press" programme that the start of the Afghanistan withdrawal in July 2011 would involve a significant drawdown.

"We are going to, come July, begin to draw down American forces" and begin to transfer responsibility to the Afghans," he said. "It will not be a token amount."

He presented next July as the beginning of a process that would see all US troops leave by the end of 2014.

"We're starting it in July of 2011 and we're going to be totally out of there, come hell or high water, by 2014."

Until now, the Obama administration has gone no further than saying that responsibility for security would be handed over to Afghan forces throughout the country by the end of 2014, as was agreed by Nato at last month's Lisbon conference.

Few if any military planners believe that all American troops will be out of Afghanistan within four years. Most anticipate that even under a best-case scenario tens of thousands are likely to remain to assist the Afghan army.

Mr Biden said that al-Qaeda's strength had "been significantly degraded" because of American actions against the network's leadership.

But, he conceded, there had been less success in countering the Afghan insurgency and creating a stable Afghan government. He admitted that the Taliban continued to make use of safe havens in Pakistan.

"We're making progress on all fronts, more in some areas than in others. Are we making sufficient progress fast enough? The answer remains to be seen," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/8214868/Joe-Biden-says-troops-will-leave-Afghanistan-by-2014-come-hell-or-high-water.html

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »
Joe Biden says troops will leave Afghanistan by 2014 'come hell or high water'
Vice President Joe Biden has promised that all American troops will leave Afghanistan within four years, stating that "we're going to be totally out of there, come hell or high water, by 2014".
By Toby Harnden, Washington 4:56PM GMT 20 Dec 2010

The statement went much further than any other American official and appeared to contradict President Barack Obama, who said just last month that there would be a reduced number of troops by 2014 but exact force levels were undecided.

Mr Biden, who has long had a reputation for speaking carelessly, also told NBC's "Meet the Press" programme that the start of the Afghanistan withdrawal in July 2011 would involve a significant drawdown.

"We are going to, come July, begin to draw down American forces" and begin to transfer responsibility to the Afghans," he said. "It will not be a token amount."

He presented next July as the beginning of a process that would see all US troops leave by the end of 2014.

"We're starting it in July of 2011 and we're going to be totally out of there, come hell or high water, by 2014."

Until now, the Obama administration has gone no further than saying that responsibility for security would be handed over to Afghan forces throughout the country by the end of 2014, as was agreed by Nato at last month's Lisbon conference.

Few if any military planners believe that all American troops will be out of Afghanistan within four years. Most anticipate that even under a best-case scenario tens of thousands are likely to remain to assist the Afghan army.

Mr Biden said that al-Qaeda's strength had "been significantly degraded" because of American actions against the network's leadership.

But, he conceded, there had been less success in countering the Afghan insurgency and creating a stable Afghan government. He admitted that the Taliban continued to make use of safe havens in Pakistan.

"We're making progress on all fronts, more in some areas than in others. Are we making sufficient progress fast enough? The answer remains to be seen," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/8214868/Joe-Biden-says-troops-will-leave-Afghanistan-by-2014-come-hell-or-high-water.html

What a fucking piece shit. You keep this stuff to yourself as telling the enemy exactly when you are leaving no matter the conditions on the ground goes a long way in completely hamstringing the war effort. Which Afghan villager is going to help the ISAF now? Now that the Taliban etc know when the U.S. is out....well you get the point.

If you are going to be a total piece of shit and say this stuff, that no matter what the conditions are and what is at stake you will be leaving no matter what, than just pull the fuck out know. What is the point of staying for another 4 years if you just told your enemy when you will be pulling out of the theatre.

So fucking dumb. This idiot is our Vice President.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »
Biden urges justice for Khodor... um... Kovinsky!
(AFP) – 3 hours ago

MOSCOW — Known for sometime sticking his foot in his mouth, US Vice President Joe Biden delivered another trademark gaffe Thursday by mangling the name of Russia's most famous prisoner Mikhail Khodorkovsky.

In a somber 40-minute address to Moscow State University students that generated more giggles than rounds of applause, Biden tried to bash Russia for putting Khodorkovsky behind bars on what many believe are politically motivated charges.

At least that was the intent.

What came out was one of the more sensitive moments in recent Russia-US relations in which the entire hall seemed ready to help the desperately struggling US vice president pronounce Khodorkovsky's name.

"Over the past few months our administration has spoken out against allegations of misconduct in the trial of... of, uh... the, um... excuse me... Khodor... Kovinsky," said Biden, almost barking out the last word.

But Biden recovered quickly, adding a self-depreciating joke that instantly endeared him to the crowd.

"You can tell I did not do very well in Russian," Biden said sheepishly.

But Biden closed on a rousing note, generating his first and only applause of the night by saying that he had no intention of hiding his displeasure over Khodorkovsky's treatment and other alleged rights abuses.

"Some of you may say, well how can you say those things outloud, mister vice president, and expect a better relationship. They are necessary, to have a good relationship," Biden said, getting his only applause of the night.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ixJB0znWOZ08ysvF3KYFpgxONSpg?docId=CNG.578baa533a49f75c12f449873c901b2b.581

In jail since 2003 for fraud and tax evasion, a Moscow court in December extended the former Yukos oil executive's sentence until 2017 after also finding Khodorkovsky guilty of money laundering and embezzlement.

Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved. More »