Author Topic: Dexter is Mr. Olympia 2008  (Read 5382 times)

England_1

• Getbig IV
Re: Dexter is Mr. Olympia 2008
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 12:10:52 AM »
You can only compete so long. Remember, Jay started competing as a pro in 98. He's pretty much the last of the "old guard" along with Dexter. I was just looking back at the pics of the 2005 Mr. Olympia and I couldn't believe how awesome Jay looked. He deserved to win that year. Ever since then it was downhill. I really think the pressures of being Mr. Olympia were too much for him. All the guestposing, seminars, trips everywhere, etc really threw off his training.
Team Yates

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »
 ;)

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 12:19:26 AM »
You can only compete so long. Remember, Jay started competing as a pro in 98. He's pretty much the last of the "old guard" along with Dexter. I was just looking back at the pics of the 2005 Mr. Olympia and I couldn't believe how awesome Jay looked. He deserved to win that year. Ever since then it was downhill. I really think the pressures of being Mr. Olympia were too much for him. All the guestposing, seminars, trips everywhere, etc really threw off his training.
Yip, i think he deserved his win in 2006 he was Massive and for the first time matched Ronnie in the back shots (although to be fair Big ron came in too heavy and it was quiet clear he was carrying injurys)..what the HELL happened to Jay in the next 2 years? ??? ??? ???

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 12:47:33 AM »
Yeah thats right  Dorian had that aura about him (and righty so) when he stepped out on stage he had that IM HERE, IM THE CHAMPION, everyone else is battling for 2nd, 3rd,...he domminated the stage..then RONNIE came along and everyone else was gunning for 2nd...its hard to understand how Jay who looked Huge, cut, and did have that "Presence" etc..in 2006 could lose his way in the following 2 years and get worse in 2007 and well how he looked this year wasn,t anywhere near his 2006 form...all the best to Dexter im not too sure if he will reign again this time next year with Victor and Heath knocking on the door.

Please Dorian is one of the most overrated bodybuilders that ever stepped foot on an Olympian stage.  One of the worst aesthetically pleasing physiques of all time.  His puny little biceps, big bloated gut etc. 

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 12:49:29 AM »
kudos to Dexter!!!!! :D

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 12:51:44 AM »
Please Dorian is one of the most overrated bodybuilders that ever stepped foot on an Olympian stage.  One of the worst aesthetically pleasing physiques of all time.  His puny little biceps, big bloated gut etc. 

::)

Team Yates

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »
Really...then why did he win 6 Olympias???

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 01:08:10 AM »
Really...then why did he win 6 Olympias???

He was awesome in 93 that's bout it.  Worst arms of any Olympian.  Terrible midsection.  Shitty quads.  97 should have gone to Nasser.  Everything else he was overrated and his wins were a gift.  When you butter up the judges in BBing you have a Dorian Yates who is a 6 time Olympian. 

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 01:12:27 AM »
 :)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 01:45:39 AM »
All the guestposing, seminars, trips everywhere, etc really threw off his training.

he has less guest possing this year than any other he cancelled almost every single one to help prepare him for the o - and looked worse than ever.
175lbs by 31st July

King Kagan

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • www.kaganyalaman.com
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 01:53:28 AM »
This year they played the game different .
Since Dorian came in , they focused on mass monsters for many years .
According to what IFBB wants in the Olympia , Cutler came as their demand and he got robbed .
Now they are trying to convert the way more symetrical physiques like Dex and Heath (not size monsters)
They had to inform the athlets before . If Jay knew it in the beginning he could come shredded and take the title very very easy .
Congratulations Dex (but not for so long :) )

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Dexter Mr. Olympia
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
Fuckking midget ninja turtle!  >:(

You see what happens when he listens to Splinter..."keep going my son, for you will rewarded in the end"

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 02:01:20 AM »
If Dex was still with MD he would not be holding the Sandow aloft..

He is not complete but looks good from the front.That is it,plus he is to damm short wtf??? ???
How the fuck can Jay be given 2nd,he looked terrible AGAIN , oh thats right he to is a weider boy.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 02:02:15 AM »
Fuckin rubbish

1. Dex (Weider)
2. Jay (Weider)
3. Heath (Weider)
4. WOLF (MD)
5. Toney (Weider)
6. Anthony (MD)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
he looks like a regular person with clothes on, yeah a great mr olympia ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 02:06:31 AM »
If Dex was still with MD he would not be holding the Sandow aloft..

He is not complete but looks good from the front.That is it,plus he is to damm short wtf??? ???
How the fuck can Jay be given 2nd,he looked terrible AGAIN , oh thats right he to is a weider boy.

He's got more back detail than Jay did, and Wolf ever will...All you have is that he is 5'6"

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2008, 02:22:26 AM »
YES! Hell fuckin' yeah! There is a God! I NEVER thought the judges were gonna see this, but they did! WAY TO GO DEXTER!  8)

TEAM DEXTER, YO!  8) 8) 8)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2008, 02:32:42 AM »
He's got more back detail than Jay did, and Wolf ever will...All you have is that he is 5'6"
You need to go take a look at all the pics again mate.

5"6 Is to short for the worlds best built man..

When scanning a line up a physique should jump out at you,the person with the X should be judged as perfection.
Two men in that line up possess that,Toney and Dennis Wolf..

A lil bit of detail lacking is not as bad as having nothing there to look at..Dex = poor structure..Wolf and Toney = Perfection..

Detail can be worked on,Height and Structure can not.

Just my opinion though.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2008, 02:45:44 AM »
WillGrant that's a PERFECT pic.  Look at how Wolf blows it out of the water.  His back is kick ass looking.  He goes from Lats to a shredded well developed lower back.  All the other guys have ZERO lower back.  They are all lats.  They look fucking stupid.  Too short.  Wolf's glutes are fucking shredded as well.  He's huge.  I love the guy.  Freeman looks good too but all four of those black guys have the same genetic structure to their backs.  Wolf's is totally different.  How can anyone say one is necessarily better than the other.  Also look how fucking soft Phil Heath's back looks.  He's all drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

io856

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2008, 02:47:01 AM »
Wolf's back simply outclasses every competitor in that shot.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 03:17:23 AM »
And here..
You have Jay who looks really bad,Wolf who looks like a statue and Dex who looks good but not upto Dennis standard.
Look at the vein running across wolfs delts,fuckin insane.Dex does have him on calfs but that would be more to do with him being so short so the illusion is there..

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2008, 03:25:52 AM »
And here..
Just getting ready to hit a pose..

Poor Jay he looks horrid  :'( I feel sorry for him TBH.

Look at wolfs structure ffs he looks carved out of stone.You could lay Dex down in front of wolf long ways and wolfs medial delt to medial delt would still be wider  ;D
Crazy  :o

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2008, 03:28:43 AM »
Booyaaaaa

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2008, 03:54:25 AM »
jay got a gift with 2nd

wolf was ROBBED.  end of story.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2008, 03:56:14 AM »
a guy like bob chick or gunther should be mr o, a real man, tall, good looking, broad shoulder width, look what we have now, a small black midget as the best built man of the world.                                                i need a vacation..