Author Topic: Sarah Palin Claims DINOSAURS and Humans Coexisted 6000 years ago. SCARY.  (Read 33019 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Sarah Palin Claims DINOSAURS and Humans Coexisted 6000 years ago. SCARY.
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2008, 05:09:53 AM »
Dinosaurs did not live together with humans. That's a scientific topic and science is pretty sure of that.

The big bang as well as an infinite number of big bangs are both just scientific theories.

In any case, science does not and will never explain existence.

Atheism has no foundation in science whatsoever.
It's a philosophic decision, in most cases however, based on simple misconceptions.

Do you think you can reject logical positivism in its absolute state as an ideology (admitting it has flaws) whilst still being an atheist?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2008, 05:18:54 AM »
Do you think you can reject logical positivism in its absolute state as an ideology (admitting it has flaws) whilst still being an atheist?

I would call is philosophical positivism. And yes I do think that's possible. However, an 'atheist' born out of a serious philosophic examination of spirituality, will probably come closer to God than a religious fundamentalist. Nearly 100% of all atheists are atheists without any basis whatsoever. They think science provides them with reason to reject anything spiritual.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2008, 05:25:46 AM »
I would call is philosophical positivism. And yes I do think that's possible. However, an 'atheist' born out of a serious philosophic examination of spirituality, will probably come closer to God than a religious fundamentalist. Nearly 100% of all atheists are atheists without any basis whatsoever. They think science provides them with reason to reject anything spiritual.

Define spiritual.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2008, 07:38:16 AM »
Define spiritual.

That's easy, it's anything you can think of.
That's like asking for a definition of God, Life, the Universe, and everything.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »
The LA Times reports:

Soon after Sarah Palin was elected mayor of the foothill town of Wasilla, Alaska, she startled a local music teacher by insisting in casual conversation that men and dinosaurs coexisted on an Earth created 6,000 years ago -- about 65 million years after scientists say most dinosaurs became extinct -- the teacher said.

After conducting a college band and watching Palin deliver a commencement address to a small group of home-schooled students in June 1997, Wasilla resident Philip Munger said, he asked the young mayor about her religious beliefs.

Palin told him that "dinosaurs and humans walked the Earth at the same time," Munger said. When he asked her about prehistoric fossils and tracks dating back millions of years, Palin said "she had seen pictures of human footprints inside the tracks," recalled Munger, who teaches music at the University of Alaska in Anchorage and has regularly criticized Palin in recent years on his liberal political blog, called Progressive Alaska.

The idea of a "young Earth" -- that God created the Earth about 6,000 years ago, and dinosaurs and humans coexisted early on -- is a popular strain of creationism.

Though in her race for governor she called for faith-based "intelligent design" to be taught along with evolution in Alaska's schools, Gov. Palin has not sought to require it, state educators say.

A total lie,as usual, from the left.Of course ,she still hasnt told a cripple to stand up like Joe "the dumbest man in the senate" Biden.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2008, 09:57:01 AM »
Me and Coach got into a debate a few months back... he says that some documents were found which "proved" God,

You have GOT to be joking.  He can't possibly be that dense.  That's a stretch, even for him.

The Coach

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »
You have GOT to be joking.  He can't possibly be that dense.  That's a stretch, even for him.

He is. I never said that. I said there is archaeological findings that coinside with scripture. Again, Rob can't seem to get his facts straight.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
He is. I never said that. I said there is archaeological findings that coinside with scripture. Again, Rob can't seem to get his facts straight.

THere are also Archaeological findings of Australopithecus Afarensis from 4 million years ago.  But what does science know right coach?

The Coach

« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »
THere are also Archaeological findings of Australopithecus Afarensis from 4 million years ago.  But what does science know right coach?

Prove it "4 million" years ago. The problem is NO ONE can prove "4 million" years ago.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
Prove it "4 million" years ago. The problem is NO ONE can prove "4 million" years ago.

:o.....

potassium-argon dating means nothing to you?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »

so archaeological findings that back your bible and beliefs are accurate.archaeological findings to the contrary are in accurate......Because stone cold says so!
DAWG

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »

It's called carbon dating. Discuss.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »
so archaeological findings that back your bible and beliefs are accurate.archaeological findings to the contrary are in accurate......Because stone cold says so!

THAT WAS MEANT FOR THE COACH!
DAWG

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2008, 02:39:45 PM »
You guys bashing the coach sound like a bunch of children. The man believes in something you don't, who cares thats his bussiness, is he stupid because he doesn't believe in the same thing you guys do. Here is a challange to you guys, lets start debating without any type of arrogance and disrespect, so no name calling, no ignorant comment, obviously the coach is out-numbered here, so it should be easy for you guys to nail him right, I say all the dating methods lack precision and they are flawed so all the people who believe in them are believing in a system that isn't accurate, if thats the only proof for evolution then its simply just a theory, not proven whatsoever.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »
NICE DODGE COACH...

Seriously are you fucking stupid?  the "god damn america" was REV WRIGHT QUOTING WHAT THE PRIME MINISTER OF IRAQ SAID.... is it that hard for you to understand?

i say god damn america all the time... why casue we dont take care of our OWN PEOPLE and we take care of everyone else!!!!!
Yeah, but I think it's very important that a vice presidential candidate NOT be compromised by witchcraft or demons or demonic spells.  I certainly don't want the devil getting a foothold in my elected leaders.  Think about it.

What would you rather have, a colored minister that hates america or a colored minister who hates witchcraft and demons and demonic spells?

I know which colored I'd pick!

The Coach

« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »
:o.....

potassium-argon dating means nothing to you?

Yes....but Carbon dating still doesn't prove anything to be "4million" years old. It can however go back thousands of years.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »
You guys bashing the coach sound like a bunch of children. The man believes in something you don't, who cares thats his bussiness, is he stupid because he doesn't believe in the same thing you guys do. Here is a challange to you guys, lets start debating without any type of arrogance and disrespect, so no name calling, no ignorant comment, obviously the coach is out-numbered here, so it should be easy for you guys to nail him right, I say all the dating methods lack precision and they are flawed so all the people who believe in them are believing in a system that isn't accurate, if thats the only proof for evolution then its simply just a theory, not proven whatsoever.

Pipe down over there.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
Decker thatguy was avisiting minister who invited her to be blessed or whatever. He was from Africa. In order to gain credibility with people there, especially in the bush, Christian ministers have to envoke protections against witchcraft. Its almost how part of the package they sell people, who still sorta believe in that stuff. This guy was only doing what he normally does. If u listen to his blessing, it was one line. Short of that, I'd take the harmless blessing over a worthless douchbag preacher who hates this country any day.
L

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »
DAWG

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2008, 03:06:48 PM »
Decker thatguy was avisiting minister who invited her to be blessed or whatever. He was from Africa. In order to gain credibility with people there, especially in the bush, Christian ministers have to envoke protections against witchcraft. Its almost how part of the package they sell people, who still sorta believe in that stuff. This guy was only doing what he normally does. If u listen to his blessing, it was one line. Short of that, I'd take the harmless blessing over a worthless douchbag preacher who hates this country any day.
What do you want from me?  I already said that I pick the colored casting out withcraft and whatnot.

The Catholic Church still does exorcisms.  Religious nuttery extends to all faiths it seems.

But if you want to get all serious on me, I hate the goddam USA too when a massmurderer like Bush is in power.  But that's me....and my views change. 

I guess some people expect more from their country and countrymen.  Ordering the attack of a marginally armed, oil rich, third world country and obliterating men, women and children b/c some intellectual lightweight thought it was a good idea at the time is not an endearing act to me. 

We can't get caught up in nomenclature when someone says "goddamn the USA"  Maybe Wright should have said, "goddamn the people of the USA for starting and continuing an unjust murderous war...."

That doesn't trip off the tongue too well though.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
Yes....but Carbon dating still doesn't prove anything to be "4million" years old. It can however go back thousands of years.
your right coach carbon dating goes back thousands but potassium argon can go back much further

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »

Not very bright, are you?
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
Not very bright, are you?
Why isn't he very bright? Please explain.

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #223 on: October 09, 2008, 11:14:24 PM »
dribble

drivel.  the bleeding word is drivel, man

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2008, 07:12:56 AM »
It's true that dinosaurs co-existed with man.

Not many people know this, but...

Jesus had a younger brother named Larry. One day, after visiting Adam and Eve, Jesus and Larry went to a fishin' hole, poles in hand.

Then they got to talking. Turns out Larry cursed Jesus, and they got into bit of a ruckus. Larry ran off, top speed, tears in his eyes.

Next thing you know, Larry was stomped to death by a rabid Tyranosaurus Rex!

Jesus was never the same. Which is why you don't hear too much about it. It was in the Bible Part 2, but this text was lost when a herd of Brachiosaurus stampeded Jesus' library.

G