Author Topic: Economy Bailout Bill = Has failed  (Read 8748 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Economy Bailout Bill = Has failed
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watc... Part 2 http:/...
DAWG

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2008, 03:04:22 PM »
Sorry,I dont listen to 220lbs pieces of shit lifters who cant bench their bodyweights and dont compete.Come back when you break the 250 mark.
LOUD NOISES!!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2008, 03:06:26 PM »
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »
DAWG

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Economy Bailout Bill = About to Fail
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
I need to get a gun fast.
I'm from texas, i just need to buy more ammo ;D
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:44 PM »

That movie has so many errors. People do your own research.  ::)
A

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »
go goat
X

body88

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
The DOW dropped 700 points instantly (then recovered some - only down 500 points at the moment.)

Turn on CNN or MSNBC.  If you own stock, you are having a bad day.  Republicans are refusing to give corporate welfare to big companies.  Bush wants $700 billion and refuses to tell us how he'll spend it.

If the bill fails, dollar will suffer for a short time, but may be stronger in the long run.

Good. Why should I pay to bail out thos scumbag lending companies who took advantage of people?

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2008, 03:58:04 PM »

I bought today near the bottom.  There was an overreaction today, and there will be a big correction once a bill, any bill, passes.  This shit is so predictible it's like dealing with 5-year-olds.  ::)

Dont be surprised to see the market go up 500 points tomorrow!

go goat

X2

I was looking to buy FLM (fat lesbian midget), but I couldn't find that issue listed.

If you don't mind a cock and set of balls DA will sell you some of his "ASSets"  :D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »
Everything has a down turn. The Economy surged in the 90's and after 2003 it seemed to take off again.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what went wrong. The Federal government under both Clinton and Bush wanted to deregulate lending laws and create new provisions to help spurt the economy, like 'minority loan programs'. Plus we also had a run and gun Federal Reserve chairman by the name of Allen Greenspan, who was all for banks lending out money without credit checks, employment checks and even collateral. Banks lent out tons of dough and the US economy soared. Dow hit 14,000 and Lloyd Blankfein got his 56 million payout, and I remind you this surge took place despite rising prices, weak dollar, war and every other crap that would normally slow down an economy.

On top of that, the Investment Banks bought from the banks billions upon billions of mortgages only to securitize them; meaning they issued securities such as notes and bonds who's interest parables were backed by the interest receivables on the mortgages. When people started defaulting, they no longer could back their securities. Write offs on the mortgages ensued to the point where the banks not only were losing a lot of money, but credit/financial ratios such as debt to equity ratio got higher and higher. This effected the banks' debt convenants(restrictions placed on a company by creditors), causing their credit ratings to drop. When this happens, creditors want collateral, or want the loan/note's principal amount back. Companies then struggled to raise cash for the collateral(as in the case with AIG having to put up 15 billion in collateral), but couldn't because they were not able to borrow anymore due to their poor credit ratings and performance ratios, and they couldn't exactly finance through issuing stock because no one in the public was willing to buy stock of a sinking company.

It is pretty simple, but the sad thing is that the average American still has no clue. Epic inability too make sense of free information.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2008, 06:53:13 PM »
its all just monopoly money anyway

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »
Oh, no we're all doomed!!!!!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2008, 08:14:43 PM »
mccain can't stop blaming obama for this whole mess.

obama is just letting mccain talk.  everyone knows mccain punked out on the debate, then didn't do shit on the bill.  When Obama and Bush and Mcain were in the room, Obama laid out his points, then said to mccain "What do you think, Sen Mccain", daring him to take a position.  McCain remained silent and never committed to a position.

A wise man told me "don't argue with fools, cause people from a distace can't tell who's who".

Obama is letting mccain talk.  Everyone know what happened.  Mcain owned himself then STFU when put in a position to answer the Q.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2008, 09:04:45 PM »
mccain can't stop blaming obama for this whole mess.

obama is just letting mccain talk.  everyone knows mccain punked out on the debate, then didn't do shit on the bill.  When Obama and Bush and Mcain were in the room, Obama laid out his points, then said to mccain "What do you think, Sen Mccain", daring him to take a position.  McCain remained silent and never committed to a position.

A wise man told me "don't argue with fools, cause people from a distace can't tell who's who".

Obama is letting mccain talk.  Everyone know what happened.  Mcain owned himself then STFU when put in a position to answer the Q.

Agreed Obama is just sitting back and letting Mccain run his mouth right out of the election....I know what wise man you speak of.
DAWG

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Whilst I don't really doubt that the situation is dire, there has been a lot of fear mongering about what happens if the bailout bill is not accepted. In fact, when the bill was first announced it was being pushed through on a platform of fear.

Earlier this week - when Wachovia got into dire straits, Citibank was able to step in & save the day.

If there's no bailout, or a much smaller bailout - will it really be as bad as the press & the politicos make out ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »
will it really be as bad as the press & the politicos make out ?

No.  If Bush sells this, he'll control 700 billion, any way he wants.

Congress and USA doesn't trust him.  Can't blame a guy for trying.  But after WMD, 911, etc... nobody assigns any credibility to him.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 10:38:29 PM »
Bingo. Post of the day. CJ -- you know your stuff, my friend.

Now, on to the $25K question? Did the US create lax regs on lending specifically to create this problem, in order to eventually slow economic growth and the out-of-control housing market, artifically depress the value of US currency, and attract foreign-moving manufacturing industry back into the US?

Why make your weapons in a third world country with a comparatively weak dollar? Why, those folks might steal the weapons, or make them work against the US. Better to get that stuff built by American unionized labor where it can be better controlled. Only way that happens is if you make it ridiculously attractive for biz to set up shop in the US and create foreign direct investment thanks to an artificially depressed currency.

That, or maybe everyone just wanted to get filthy rich and didn't think the ride would end.

If this does pass, then it could give the government a significant equity stake in the companies that it chooses to buy mortgages from. Could lead to huge future profits for the Treasury in future should the economy surge, but how of that gain if any will be given back to the tax payer?

And there's the question to whether this will EVEN WORK. I mean, we haven't even received info to how much the government will pay on each loan.. .60 cents per dollar? We don't even know how the 700 billion figure was calculated.  ::)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 10:39:47 PM »
No.  If Bush sells this, he'll control 700 billion, any way he wants.

Congress and USA doesn't trust him.  Can't blame a guy for trying.  But after WMD, 911, etc... nobody assigns any credibility to him.

It's way more than 700 billion, bro!  The power he's asking for will put taxpayers on the hook into the trillions.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
Fucking media (cnn) is making the house out to be loonies, with pseudo financial analysts who couldn't even read a balance sheet predicting doomsday for everyday America.

They want this fucking bill passed, but hopefully America has enough intestinal fortitude to oppose it, as do their elected officials in the form of house conservative Republicans, until there are enough provisions in it to drastically alter it from Bush' original, and until the dollar figure is reduced and matched to something the explains why such a figure is needed in the first place.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 10:49:22 PM »
If only we had this man..

He could have solved it for us. He was behind the government intervention in the great depression. A real thinking man who understood consequences totally unlike that short-term kike mofo named Allen Greenspan.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 10:51:42 PM »
i want to know why congress takes a day off for a fucking jew holiday? what a disgrace...

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
So we, the tax payers, are in effect forced into being shareholders of usa.com  only there will be no dividends with this one.
It's all becoming a pretty sad joke. Bail-out or not, this is a free market and market forces will ultimately win out either way.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 10:57:44 PM »

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2008, 11:05:52 PM »
i want to know why congress takes a day off for a fucking jew holiday? what a disgrace...

STFU you nazi anti semite.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2008, 06:13:37 AM »
Thank God for republicans in the house.It once again shows how absolutely pathetic Pelosi is as speaker of the house.If she had any pull at all she could have gotten it through.Think republicans would have gone against Tom Delay like that?

Fairly amusing that it was the dems that protected Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac,wouldnt try to corral them,fought any attempt to reign them in,and now THEY want to have us believe that they can save us.

Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank and Bush and Paulson, should all resign immediately.  They are not competent and not doing the work of the people.