Author Topic: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment  (Read 73143 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
Re: "Thor" next SUPER HERO to get big screen treatment
« Reply #300 on: October 11, 2008, 01:24:05 PM »
hahahahahahahahaha  ::) oh brother - you are deluded. Hulk has beaten half of them. He will beat the other half as soon as he catched up with them.

as for beating those teams  ::) magneto hasn't even beaten the x-men  ::) neithr has juggernaught.

hulk bitch slaps most of these clowns  ::)

Proof?

Magneto at full power, no chance for the X-Men.

Nobody on the X-Men would be able to stop Juggernaut, save for maybe Jean Grey/Phoenix.

I would put Rune King Thor above all that I mentioned.

Red Hulk is a joke, completely written for 13-year old boys, and everybody knows it.

World War Hulk I will agree was excellent.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2008, 12:17:48 PM »
hahahahahahahahaha  ::) oh brother - you are deluded. Hulk has beaten half of them. He will beat the other half as soon as he catched up with them.

as for beating those teams  ::) magneto hasn't even beaten the x-men  ::) neithr has juggernaught.

hulk bitch slaps most of these clowns  ::)

Technically Hulk did not beat Onslaught...he broke Onslaught's Psi-Armor...

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #302 on: October 13, 2008, 04:57:55 AM »
Proof?

Magneto at full power, no chance for the X-Men.

Nobody on the X-Men would be able to stop Juggernaut, save for maybe Jean Grey/Phoenix.

I would put Rune King Thor above all that I mentioned.

Red Hulk is a joke, completely written for 13-year old boys, and everybody knows it.

World War Hulk I will agree was excellent.

what proof do you need? the x-men have beaten magneto and juggernaught loads of time.

Technically Hulk did not beat Onslaught...he broke Onslaught's Psi-Armor...

technically he was the only one who could break onslaughts armour.  8) therefore allowing the defeat to take place.
175lbs by 31st July

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #303 on: December 10, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
Cap is as strong as a normal human being can become, but his strength is still normal; that is to say, he does not have superhuman strength.  Thor canon established long ago that no normal human can lift Mjolnir.

A human whose strength is mechanically enhanced (Dr. Doom's armor for example,) cannot lift it; superhuman people (Thing, Colossus, Juggernaut) could not lift it because they will not pass the "worthy" test according to Odin's enchantment.  Even other Asgardians cannot lift the hammer!  The hammer can be lifted or moved by a mechanical device--but not handled by a person.

I gave up reading Thor by the time I got to high school, but in my recollection the only beings (according to canon) shown to be capable of lifting Mjolnir are Odin, Thor, and Beta Ray Bill.  The elves in Asgard who originally forged the hammer were able to lift it, but that was before Odin gave it the enchantment restricting its use to those he deems worthy.  ;)

Fool!  Bah ha ha ha ha ha!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2010, 08:18:12 AM »
I predict that this movie will suck!  :-[

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2010, 08:19:43 AM »
Fool!  Bah ha ha ha ha ha!

That was a provocative cover created to tease readers into buying the issue.  If you read that actual issue, you will see that Doom is unable to lift the hammer.  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
Chris Hemsworth Bulked Up Too Much for His 'Thor' Costume

Here's a problem most people will never have to deal with: being too buff to play a god.

Chris Hemsworth did, though, as he prepared to play the title character in Thor, the next movie adaptation of a Marvel comic book character. The 27-year-old Australian actor had to get into serious shape to play the hero inspired by Norse mythology. But went a little too far.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Hemsworth revealed that he bulked up so much to prepare for the role that he couldn't fit into his costume. When he tried on Thor's armor for a final camera test right before shooting was to begin, it was way too tight.

Hemsworth said that while wearing the restrictive, long-sleeved costume, "[My] hands started going numb... And I started getting pins and needles and you'd touch the skin and the blood wouldn't return to the area so quick." Apparently, in the three months between being measured for the costume and the final test, his added muscle made the suit so tight it cut off circulation.

After that, Hemsworth said that the costume was altered along with his exercise plan. He said director Kenneth Branagh told him, "Let's try to pull it back just a little bit, otherwise it's too blocky." Hemsworth subsequently changed his diet and his workout routine, focusing more on cardio exercises instead of weight training.

Last July at ComicCon, Hemsworth told BuzzSugar that he packed on 20 pounds in preparation for the role. He said, "It was purely eating, eating, eating, working out and working out, trying to sleep as much as you can -- that's the other third of the equation." Back then, Hemsworth said that he cut down on the eating and subsequently dropped about 15 extra pounds. But he told the L.A. Times that, "I'm putting it back on now for The Avengers...

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1021-chris-hemsworth-bulked-up-too-much-for-his-thor-costume

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #307 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:22 AM »
Chris Hemsworth Bulked Up Too Much for His 'Thor' Costume

Here's a problem most people will never have to deal with: being too buff to play a god.

Chris Hemsworth did, though, as he prepared to play the title character in Thor, the next movie adaptation of a Marvel comic book character. The 27-year-old Australian actor had to get into serious shape to play the hero inspired by Norse mythology. But went a little too far.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Hemsworth revealed that he bulked up so much to prepare for the role that he couldn't fit into his costume. When he tried on Thor's armor for a final camera test right before shooting was to begin, it was way too tight.

Hemsworth said that while wearing the restrictive, long-sleeved costume, "[My] hands started going numb... And I started getting pins and needles and you'd touch the skin and the blood wouldn't return to the area so quick." Apparently, in the three months between being measured for the costume and the final test, his added muscle made the suit so tight it cut off circulation.

After that, Hemsworth said that the costume was altered along with his exercise plan. He said director Kenneth Branagh told him, "Let's try to pull it back just a little bit, otherwise it's too blocky." Hemsworth subsequently changed his diet and his workout routine, focusing more on cardio exercises instead of weight training.

Last July at ComicCon, Hemsworth told BuzzSugar that he packed on 20 pounds in preparation for the role. He said, "It was purely eating, eating, eating, working out and working out, trying to sleep as much as you can -- that's the other third of the equation." Back then, Hemsworth said that he cut down on the eating and subsequently dropped about 15 extra pounds. But he told the L.A. Times that, "I'm putting it back on now for The Avengers...

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1021-chris-hemsworth-bulked-up-too-much-for-his-thor-costume

Translation: He dropped the dose.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »
Just saw the movie and it is a cool film...
S

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2011, 02:25:32 PM »
I'm surprised that that behind the scenes footage was released to the general public.

In most cases everyone in the movie making process is obliged to sign a non-disclosure preventing them to release any form of information about a specific forthcoming film.

My family members are involved with the production of major motion pictures and they never discuss a film during the movie making process.

In fact the only hint of what I'll soon be seeing regarding their role in a movie is when they prepare for an upcoming role by walking around the house like apes or 'becomeing the character or creature' they will eventually portray on film.

The kids always beg their dad not to be that person no more and ask him. "Just be our daddy again!"

They don't like him being someone else.

One Sunday afternoon we spent six hours in the L.A. Zoo silently watchig two apes and doing our best to copy theri every move. I, myself, gave up because the ape I was studying convinced me  that he was copying me ... just sitting there looking at me stupidly.

But my nephew got his ape's moves down pat and hours later he walked out of that zoo exactly as an ape would do.

And everyone we passed on the way back to the car watched in amazement and gave him a standing ovation, but he stayed 'in character' all the way.

And then he continued to walk like a big monkey around the house until the cameras rolled the following week.

And he even taught the principal stars how to move like  big monkies to prep for their roles on screen.

I don't know how Hemsworth prepped, but it appears to me that they got the right guy to play the part.

I hope that this film does exceptionally well.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2011, 08:28:42 PM »
It's getting awesome reviews and is currently sitting at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes with 56 fresh and 3 rotten. I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend. Going to be a good summer for movies.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2011, 08:34:46 PM »
It's getting awesome reviews and is currently sitting at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes with 56 fresh and 3 rotten. I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend. Going to be a good summer for movies.

Possibly the best summer in YEARS... I can't wait.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2011, 08:46:05 PM »
Possibly the best summer in YEARS... I can't wait.

I agree. I can't think of the last time I was so pumped for so many movies.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2011, 08:47:18 PM »
I agree. I can't think of the last time I was so pumped for so many movies.

With you there man... Hooray for Hollywood this summer.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2011, 08:48:56 PM »
No reviews yet and most likely a limited release due to the fact that it's an independent, but watch for ATTACK THE BLOCK which should be released around mid-May (this month).

Not a SuperHero film by any means but more of a story about a  gang of under-priviledged London kids defending their turf against alien invaders.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »
No reviews yet and most likely a limited release due to the fact that it's an independent, but watch for ATTACK THE BLOCK which should be released around mid-May (this month).

Not a SuperHero film by any means but more of a story about a  gang of under-priviledged London kids defending their turf against alien invaders.

I read about this on Collider a month or two ago. Looks very interesting.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »

Not a SuperHero film by any means but more of a story about a  gang of under-priviledged London kids defending their turf against alien invaders.

It is on my go see list actually... Can't wait.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2011, 11:49:36 PM »
I don't think ATTACK THE BLOCK will be a major blockbuster due to its limited release, but family members spent a lot of time working on it, so I hope it does well for all concerned.

I believe it was actually filmed within a series of abandoned high rise apartment buildings in London.

Any London'ers on this Board?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2011, 08:48:55 AM »
Was curious about Attack reviews and found the following on a movie fan site which should give you a good idea of the story-line ......

Being dubbed "Shaun of The Dead with aliens". Joe Cornish wrote and will direct the film with Edgar Wright acting as executive producer. The film focuses on a gang of South London teenagers defending their housing project home against an alien attack.

"An attractive young woman walks home through dark, dangerous streets in south London. She falls into an ambush. Five ghoulish, hooded youths surround her— they take her mobile, her purse, her engagement ring, but they want more. Just then, a fireball explodes out of the sky and destroys a nearby parked car.

From the wreckage emerges a vicious little alien that the youths hunt down, kill and triumphantly parade back to their block. But their adventure is not over. The night is still young and the attack on the block has only just begun.."

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
THOR'S weak competition this opening weekend!

It appears to me that THOR will be the top grossing new release this weekend.

Here's Thor's competition .....

Jumping the Broom
•
Something Borrowed
•
The Beaver
•
Hobo With a Shotgun
•
An Invisible Sign
•
Last Night
•
The Silent House
•
There Be Dragons

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
Interesting to note that FAST FIVE set a new "opening weekend" record for Universal Studios (Universal's biggest opening weekend of all time) with $86.2 million, beating the old 1997 record of $72.1 million for The Lost World's opening weekend.

Also interesting to note :

Overseas Thor (Paramount) made  $83 million  on its opening weekend.

THOR opens in the US this weekend (May 6) and it will be interesting to see if it tops Fast Five's $86.2 million.

And it just might do so due to the fact that it appears to have no competition. (See above).

Hemsworth's value will be determined by this weekend's gross.

BTW... DId anyone see Dylan Dog which featured Brandon Routh (the most recent Superman)? I thought it was pretty bad.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »
BTW... DId anyone see Dylan Dog which fratured Brandon Routh (the most recent Superman? I thought it was pretty bad.

I did not... I looked at the previews and passed. It just didn't look watchable.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »
Yea, Holmes! Not too many people have see it.

To the best of my knowledge it (Dylan Dog) has made less than $3,000,000 so far.

I never heard of this character until last weekend when the movie was released.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
Yea, Holmes! Not too many people have see it.

To the best of my knowledge it (Dylan Dog) has made less than $3,000,000 so far.

I never heard of this character until last weekend when the movie was released.

Me neither... I expect it to bust terribly... Not even money by the time it's DVD is out.

I wanna be a stuntman!