Author Topic: VP Debate Rigged for Obama?  (Read 3253 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: VP Debate Rigged for Obama?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35:06 AM »
how does any of this mean it's rigged?  That one they did at the church, now there is rigged.  Is there any indication of actually rigging here?  Where do you guys find someone who isn't favoring one or the other to moderate? 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
how does any of this mean it's rigged?  That one they did at the church, now there is rigged.  Is there any indication of actually rigging here?  Where do you guys find someone who isn't favoring one or the other to moderate? 
Yeah, the Saddleback Church Forum was so 'rigged' that another network tried to follow the same format two weeks later. 

That was the next best thing to the two candidates going on the road together and doing town hall meetings. I wish they would do that.

The Coach

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »

When I found out Jim Lerher (sp) was doing the moderating in the first debate, I was a little worried but I personally thought he did an excellent job and was fair. But now I see this it makes me think how much the left hate Palin and lie about her on a daily basis. Will this moderator pull a Charlie Gibson? Will the questions be one sided? Is PBS pulling the "good guy" "bad guy" scenario?

The Coach

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 08:46:25 AM »

How was that rigged? The same questions were asked to each candidate.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 09:12:36 AM »
You guys are overeacting. This isn't a big deal. Neither is the fact that the democrats pushed to have an earmark of several hundreds of millions be allocated to a crooked urban housing organization currently being investigated by the FBI for fraud with ties to the Obama campaign. Neither is the fact that McCain has publicly called for oversight of Freddie and Fannie Mae for years now. Neither is the fact that Chris Dodd who blames this mess on the Bush administration, is responsible for overseeing bank regulation. Neither is the fact that Barney Frank who also blames this on the Bush administration was one of the foremost supporters of the urban housing development lobby which encouraged mortgage companies to give home loans to unqualified applicants. Neither is the fact that 40% of the democrats voted against the bailout bill, even though they blame the republicans for the bailout not getting passed.

To be worried about the fix being in for a wholly irrelevant VP debate where a race card jockey Obama boot licking bore like this woman ( who broke her ankle this morining by the way) is almost comedic. The fix has been in for a while.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 09:40:15 AM »
She should recuse herself and let someone else give the debate.

She should never have accepted the offer, while writing a book released on inauguration day.  She will make a lot more $ if obama wins the election, obviously.

The repubs seem to want her to stay - they can blame a potential Palin loss on hard Qs.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 09:48:01 AM »
Yeah, the Saddleback Church Forum was so 'rigged' that another network tried to follow the same format two weeks later. 

That was the next best thing to the two candidates going on the road together and doing town hall meetings. I wish they would do that.
How was that rigged? The same questions were asked to each candidate.
give me a break.  That cone of silence bullshit was proven to be such a joke.  We only have mccain at his word they weren't listening in the limo of silence... bwhahahahahahaha... let's stay realistic ok...

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »
When I found out Jim Lerher (sp) was doing the moderating in the first debate, I was a little worried but I personally thought he did an excellent job and was fair. But now I see this it makes me think how much the left hate Palin and lie about her on a daily basis. Will this moderator pull a Charlie Gibson? Will the questions be one sided? Is PBS pulling the "good guy" "bad guy" scenario?

Whos LIEING about PALIN? Shes the one in all the video tapes.  Shes PWNING herself every  time she opens her mouth

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 10:01:29 AM »
Freaking amazing. You have the head of Fannie Mae working for Obama, you have Obama who worked for ACORN and now this!!

Freaking sad!

First off, Obama's not debating in the VP debate.  Two, a moderator simply asks preempted questions that come from voters.  There's no way a moderator can influence a debate
A

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 10:08:31 AM »
First off, Obama's not debating in the VP debate.  Two, a moderator simply asks preempted questions that come from voters.  There's no way a moderator can influence a debate
That's not true, but it's obvious when they do; remember the anti-Obama debate with George Stephanopoulos.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 10:14:01 AM »
Update: McCain campaign didn’t know about book
By Michelle Malkin 
September 30, 2008 10:13 PM

My first syndicated column of the week, filed this afternoon, shines light on PBS anchor Gwen Ifill, who will moderate Thursday’s only vice presidential debate. Try as she might to deflect questions about her impartiality, her biases — and her conflict of interest — are clear. But don’t you dare breathe a word about any of this. You know what will happen if you do…

RACIST!

Sidenote: TVNewser reports that Ifill has broken her ankle, but she’s still going to do the debate. But will she disclose her conflict of interest? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ask the Commission on Presidential Debates if she will acknowledge her conflict of interest: 202-872-1020.

And here’s the e-mail address of Janet H. Brown, Executive Director of the Debates Commission: jb@debates.org

Hopefully, their email system works better than the House.

Tons of readers recommend that Sarah Palin open her debate remarks by congratulating Ifill on her book and asking her to tell everyone the title.

A debate “moderator” in the tank for Obama
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2008

My dictionary defines “moderator” as “the nonpartisan presiding officer of a town meeting.” On Thursday, PBS anchor Gwen Ifill will serve as moderator for the first and only vice presidential debate. The stakes are high. The Commission on Presidential Debates, with the assent of the two campaigns, decided not to impose any guidelines on her duties or questions.

But there is nothing “moderate” about where Ifill stands on Barack Obama. She’s so far in the tank for the Democrat presidential candidate, her oxygen delivery line is running out.

In an imaginary world where liberal journalists are held to the same standards as everyone else, Ifill would be required to make a full disclosure at the start of the debate. She would be required to turn to the cameras and tell the national audience that she has a book coming out on January 20, 2009 – a date that just happens to coincide with the inauguration of the next president of the United States.

The title of Ifill’s book? “Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama.” Nonpartisan my foot.

Ifill’s publisher, Random House, is already busy hyping the book with YouTube clips of Ifill heaping praise on her subjects, including Obama and Obama-endorsing Mass. Governor Deval Patrick. The official promo for the book gushes:

“In The Breakthrough, veteran journalist Gwen Ifill surveys the American political landscape, shedding new light on the impact of Barack Obama’s stunning presidential campaign and introducing the emerging young African American politicians forging a bold new path to political power…Drawing on interviews with power brokers like Senator Obama, former Secretary of State Colin Powell, Vernon Jordan, the Reverend Jesse Jackson, and many others, as well as her own razor-sharp observations and analysis of such issues as generational conflict and the ‘black enough’ conundrum, Ifill shows why this is a pivotal moment in American history.”

Ifill and her publisher are banking on an Obama/Biden win to buoy her book sales. The moderator expected to treat both sides fairly has grandiosely declared this the “Age of Obama.” Can you imagine a right-leaning journalist writing a book about the “stunning” McCain campaign and its “bold” path to reform timed for release on Inauguration Day – and then expecting a slot as a moderator for the nation’s sole vice presidential debate?

Yeah, I just registered 6.4 on the Snicker Richter Scale, too.

Despite the protestations of her colleagues that she will be fair, Ifill has appeared on numerous radio and TV talk shows over the past several months to cash in on her access to the Obama campaign. She recently penned a fawning cover story on the Obamas for Essence magazine that earned much buzz. The title? “The Obamas: Portrait of an American Family.” A sample of Ifill’s hard-hitting investigative journalism, illustrated with Kennedyesque photos of the Obamas and children posing at home on the backporch and by the piano:

“Barack Obama is sitting in the back of his rented luxury campaign bus with its granite counters and two flat-screen TVs. The Illinois senator’s arms are wrapped around his wife, Michelle, whom he doesn’t get to see much these days. At this very moment he is, of all things, singing.”

During the Democratic National Convention, Ifill offered her neutral analysis before Michelle Obama’s speech on NBC News: “A lot of people have never seen anything that looks like a Michelle Obama before. She’s educated, she’s beautiful, she’s tall, she tells you what she thinks and they hope that she can tell a story about Barack Obama and about herself…”

During the Republican National Convention, the PBS ombudsman fielded numerous complaints about Ifill’s coverage of Sarah Palin’s speech. Wrote Brian Meyers of Granby, Ct.:

“I was appalled by Gwen Ifill’s commentary directly following Gov. Sarah Palin’s speech. Her attitude was dismissive and the look on her face was one of disgust. Clearly, she was agitated by what most critics view as a well-delivered speech. It is quite obvious that Ms. Ifill supports Obama as she struggled to say anything redemptive about Gov. Palin’s performance. I am disappointed in Ms. Ifill’s complete disregard for journalistic objectivity.”

Like Obama, Ifill, who is black, is quick to play the race card at the first sign of criticism. In an interview with the Washington Post a few weeks ago, she carped: “[N]o one’s ever assumed a white reporter can’t cover a white candidate.”

It’s not the color of your skin, sweetie. It’s the color of your politics. Perhaps Ifill will be able to conceal it this week. But if the “stunning” “Breakthrough” she’s rooting for comes to pass on January 20, 2009, nobody will be fooled.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »
give me a break.  That cone of silence bullshit was proven to be such a joke.  We only have mccain at his word they weren't listening in the limo of silence... bwhahahahahahaha... let's stay realistic ok...
you're kiddin' me, right? 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »

Ask the Commission on Presidential Debates if she will acknowledge her conflict of interest: 202-872-1020.

And here’s the e-mail address of Janet H. Brown, Executive Director of the Debates Commission: jb@debates.org
I tried calling the number several times and the lines must be hosed up severly, because I can't get through. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 10:51:52 AM »
"Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true. We have a team of 4 people going thru dumpsters in Alaska and 4 in arizona. Not a single one looking into Acorn, Ayers or Freddiemae. Editor refuses to publish anything that would jeopardize election for O, and betting you dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. People cheer when CNN or NBC run another Palin-mocking but raising any reasonable inquiry into Obama is derided or flat out ignored. The fix is in, and its working."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
LOL @ pre-empting palin's meltdown.  i saw this as their 'diffuse' story.

Nice try.  Would you say the same thing if Hannity were moderating the debate?  How about Lou Dobbs? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
you're kiddin' me, right? 
No, you're kidding me right?  I suppose I'm supposed to just take McCain's word for it?  yea, not...  Who was it that lied about him being in a cone of silence?  oh yea huh...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008, 11:31:02 AM »

John McCain asked to do 7 of them and ZERO refused.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »
If she had integrity she would step aside. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 11:43:01 AM »
If she had integrity she would step aside. 
Palin?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »
Palin?

Ifill.  Don't diss your future president.   :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2008, 11:53:28 AM »
Ifill.  Don't diss your future president.   :)
hahaha...god help us all if that happens.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:55 PM »
hahaha...god help us all if that happens.

You don't have to worry about God, you have ZERO.  Didnt you hear he is "The One" we have all been waiting for.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »
You don't have to worry about God, you have ZERO.  Didnt you hear he is "The One" we have all been waiting for.
You know, I don't see anybody else asserting Obama's divinity except for his nay-saying detractors.  The ploy has no traction.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »
You know, I don't see anybody else asserting Obama's divinity except for his nay-saying detractors.  The ploy has no traction.

See the recent post and tell me that doesnt smack of worshipping a false god.

Hail the Obama youth.