Author Topic: Is bodybuilding (as practiced by the IFBB/BB mags) a healthy endeavor?  (Read 831 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Listened to Bill Pearl's Pro Bodybuilding Radio appearance from this past June again, and he berated the way bodybuilding is no longer related to health.  (He specifically mentioned that none of the bodybuilding magazines today have health in the title.)

Made me wonder...is bodybuilding, as practiced by the IFBB and other BB federations and as promoted by the BB mags, a healthy endeavor?  It seems that the extreme diets, supplements, chemicals and workout routines promoted by the mags to make Joe No-Six-Pack look like Mr. Big-time Bodybuilder aren't healthy at all and are anthema to the original pursuit of bodybuilding.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Is bodybuilding (as practiced by the IFBB/BB mags) a healthy endeavor?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »
now this is a subject never talked about before. ::)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »
now this is a subject never talked about before. ::)

Certainly is better than "Check out the muscle mass on this BEAST!!!!!!!

;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »
Listened to Bill Pearl's Pro Bodybuilding Radio appearance from this past June again, and he berated the way bodybuilding is no longer related to health.  (He specifically mentioned that none of the bodybuilding magazines today have health in the title.)

Made me wonder...is bodybuilding, as practiced by the IFBB and other BB federations and as promoted by the BB mags, a healthy endeavor?  It seems that the extreme diets, supplements, chemicals and workout routines promoted by the mags to make Joe No-Six-Pack look like Mr. Big-time Bodybuilder aren't healthy at all and are anthema to the original pursuit of bodybuilding.

You're kidding, me right? There's NOTHING healthy about comp. bbing.
HAHA, RON.....