Author Topic: "A day in the life of Evan Centopani"- Video  (Read 11668 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: "A day in the life of Evan Centopani"- Video
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 09:33:04 AM »
Its going to be a good contest, now that Musclecenter posted the names of the competitors. Evan has his work cut out for him to place in the top 5.

Ruhl, Silvio, James, Charles, Henry (if he was 5'9 he would have the best physique in the world), Hadar, Centopani and whoever else jumps in.
the way the ifbb works, evan has to be undoubtedly completely 150% better than those guys in order to place ahead of them.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »
the way the ifbb works, evan has to be undoubtedly completely 150% better than those guys in order to place ahead of them.

Should be interesting to see how Evan looks after this layoff from competing. One thing is for sure he is gonna have at least half the auditorium cheerin for him.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 09:43:07 AM »
Should be interesting to see how Evan looks after this layoff from competing. One thing is for sure he is gonna have at least half the auditorium cheerin for him.
i will be screaming my big mouth off   haha

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 09:45:56 AM »
should be interesting. yeah. however dont you already know what he looks like?

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 09:47:15 AM »
should be interesting. yeah. however dont you already know what he looks like?

I havent been to golds in a few weeks, and I havent seen him on stage, so until he is compared to Silvio and Dennis it's hard to say.

i will be screaming my big mouth off   haha

Where you from bigdumbbell?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
I havent been to golds in a few weeks, and I havent seen him on stage, so until he is compared to Silvio and Dennis it's hard to say.

you should go snap some photos  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
he has great potential.  his chest looked shallow in recent pics, but he's still 2 weeks from the first show in what should be a 10 or 12 year pro career.  Plenty of time.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »
you should go snap some photos  :)

I'll take soem photos from my seat in the 8th row  ;)

Besides Evan usually is covered up when I see him train lately

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
he has great potential.  his chest looked shallow in recent pics, but he's still 2 weeks from the first show in what should be a 10 or 12 year pro career.  Plenty of time.

10/12 YRS U HOPE ,he has good,big build,but the 10/12 yr guys wheeler,kev,ray,cutler,ronnie,dex,are tough breed ,does he really have that staying power,your talking all the prep toll with all things needed to succeed.tough call rob.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
the music at the beginning is catchy

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »
Great find Mike.

QO I have seen Evan bench and he is ultra strict in form. I mean I never see anyone use such precise form ever.

Golds New Haven is the best gym around this area btw  ;)
seems like one of the genuine nice guys in the business from watching the last lifestyle clip, seems like the kind of guy you root for to do well.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »

Most top level and pro bodybuilders are content living in poverty and low income for as long as they can eat and sleep and train.

- Block!

Living the dream

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »
Huge house 8)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »
cute cat

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »
Why these guys in the interviews just don't own up to the anabolics is beyond me....oh, there's the legal ramifications, but it's not as if we think the guy's a "natural'...I wonder if his Father's thought of the whole family being dragged away by the cops for having illegal drugs in the house?
...get your own place, Evan.

You just answered your own question.  Nobody wants to get in trouble with the law.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
A "real job" requires time. Usualy lots of it during the week. To play at the level he intends on playing at with a focus on growing bigger and better that thingy thing..that...that jobby job will only hinder those possible gains.

How els could he prepare all of that food, shop for that food, sleep 8-10hours at night awaking for a casein shake with liquid eggs and amino cocktail to nap 2-3 hours a day to book spotters and training partners 5-6 days a week? On top of that stay shaven from torso to toe and get a tan? Pfft. That sounds like a bodybuilder's full time J-O-B to me.

Most top level and pro bodybuilders are content living in poverty and low income for as long as they can eat and sleep and train.

- Block!

Right on the money as usual, Block.  I respect the hell out of these guys who undertake bodybuilding full-time; I could never shelve my personal life and give up a professional career in the name of getting huge.  These guys don't (or choose not to) have foresight to realize they probably aren't going to make much money out of bodybuilding in the long run.  They are wasting their best income-earning years trying to build up their bodies.  Most guys who do actually have the ability to make good money in pro BBing squander it anyway.  Jay Cutler is the one guy who really seems to understand how to maximize bodybuilding financially.  He's always guest posing, making appearances, putting out a million training DVDs, getting new sponsorships, etc. 

There's only one Arnold, and he left bodybuilding almost 30 years ago.  Arnold made bodybuilding work for him; most bodybuilders today seem to be working for almost nothing.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »

He also has a functioning brain; I think this kid has a future.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »

There's only one Arnold, and he left bodybuilding almost 30 years ago.  Arnold made bodybuilding work for him; most bodybuilders today seem to be working for almost nothing.

Great writing.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
Nice to see MD copying FLEX yet again

MD is now completely in the toilet.  Flex and MMI are getting better while MD is getting worse.  Blechman screwed the pooch by firing Dave and John.  They may be misfits and convicted felons, but they knew how to provide content.  Unfortunately, they don't have the resources to do anything significant now and MD can't replace their content.  I still have no idea who Robbie Durand is and what he has to do with bodybuilding. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
Right on the money as usual, Block.  I respect the hell out of these guys who undertake bodybuilding full-time; I could never shelve my personal life and give up a professional career in the name of getting huge.  These guys don't (or choose not to) have foresight to realize they probably aren't going to make much money out of bodybuilding in the long run.  They are wasting their best income-earning years trying to build up their bodies.  Most guys who do actually have the ability to make good money in pro BBing squander it anyway.  Jay Cutler is the one guy who really seems to understand how to maximize bodybuilding financially.  He's always guest posing, making appearances, putting out a million training DVDs, getting new sponsorships, etc. 

You're spot on as well.

I don't count G4P and drug dealing as the way to make a living being a bodybuilder. I would even respect the top level bodybuilders if they worked even part-time in the 20-25hr/week range. That would be something at least. The could still eat, sleep and train as they could and still have a trickle of income comming in. Most of them aren't smart enough or they are just too lazy to market and promote themselves.

Take Mike Liberatore. Smart guy. Has a job. Just turned pro. Now he is focusing on getting as many guest-posing(s) as he can and putting himself out there as a contest-prep consultant to many of the local amateurs in the Chicagoland scene and charging them accordingly.

Most pro's don't even do that. Majority of them trick themselves, hustle fag got s, sling pills and mooch of dumb naive women to get keep them in a positive nitrogen balance throughout the day and whatever their gym dues cost.

- Block!
?

io856

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »

Most pro's don't even do that. Majority of them trick themselves, hustle fag got s, sling pills and mooch of dumb naive women to get keep them in a positive nitrogen balance throughout the day and whatever their gym dues cost.

- Block!
hahaha

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »
You're spot on as well.

I don't count G4P and drug dealing as the way to make a living being a bodybuilder. I would even respect the top level bodybuilders if they worked even part-time in the 20-25hr/week range. That would be something at least. The could still eat, sleep and train as they could and still have a trickle of income comming in. Most of them aren't smart enough or they are just too lazy to market and promote themselves.

Take Mike Liberatore. Smart guy. Has a job. Just turned pro. Now he is focusing on getting as many guest-posing(s) as he can and putting himself out there as a contest-prep consultant to many of the local amateurs in the Chicagoland scene and charging them accordingly.

- Block!

Maybe there are some benefits of pursuing the bodybuilding lifestyle...

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 07:12:06 PM »
You're spot on as well.

- Block!

you used to be funny.. ;D hows it goin Block!!

The Renaissance Man

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • The truth of things is the chief nutriment.
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »
You're spot on as well.

- Block!

Most = wrong. You're describing the bottom of the barrel, the one you have 'access' to

Epic mid 1990's- early 2000 generalization. over-negative as usual.
G.M.W. ☼