Author Topic: Everyone here should go Running 3 times per Week !  (Read 4404 times)

dustin

Re: Everyone here should go Running 3 times per Week !
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »
Jogging is the perfect activity for stripping off sheaths of muscle. Run for a short period of time or walk for a longer period of time. Jogging sucks anyway.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
Andy Murray the hockey coach?

lol.  thats what i thought

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »
 I hate running these days. I avoid it like the plague. When I was younger and really got into running..nothing compared to being so seriously fit as I was then. Runner's high is real.

Nowadays though I don't do it as I can't attain that kind of endorphin rush from it. In fact, it just feels horrible and shitty. I prefer walking. I'll happily walk miles and for hours.
O

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »
why not do 5 3mins rounds on teh pads or bag.

Maybe skip

Or a bike ride...running to me is totally boring

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 06:03:58 PM »
I don't avoid it (if you count taking a walk/riding a bike as cardio), I'm just not going to make a point of doing it. If you want to go ahead, if not....

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »
Why are people afraid of Jogging?

Face it people, you are never gonna be a monster unless you take drugs, so settle for an attainable athletic physique and healthy internal organs, running is a vital part of this.

Jogging up to 1 hour without stopping three times per week is very healthy anything over that is overkill. You won't be burning off any muscle if your jogging for an hour unless your body is fueled by drugs.

Don't be a typical gym rat loser who has to catch his breath after running up a flight of stairs.

P.S All the perma bulkers will have to go Swimming or on a Bike untill they have their bodyweight down to a level their joints can handle.
Agreed.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
to run or not to run ? that is the question

yes its true running can feel great, if your in shape enough to atually run for a while. and yes its true the kind of 'fit' a runner achieves really does translate into a really cool sense of awesomeness in your veryday life.

although rrunning, at times, is very boring, its definitely going to keep you from gaining muscle, and it also is bad for the knees and back (so ive heard)

for me the answer is not to run. but for others running might be ideal. however those who choose to run should choose so understanding they are at their largest physical state they will ever be while running. and those that choose not to run must realize that they will be lacking a certain lust for activity that comes with insane physical fitness.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
i jogged about 5 miles 3 days a week over the summer

i stopped because my shins and feet hurt

E

You were probably wearing the wrong shoes.  Check out a shoe store that will check your gait and see what shoe would best support your foot.  I worked at a shoe shore in Brentwood while I was in CA and got the lowdown on all things related to athletic shoes. 

Don't be afraid to drop 100-140 on a good running shoe.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 07:54:42 PM »
to run or not to run ? that is the question

yes its true running can feel great, if your in shape enough to atually run for a while. and yes its true the kind of 'fit' a runner achieves really does translate into a really cool sense of awesomeness in your veryday life.

although rrunning, at times, is very boring, its definitely going to keep you from gaining muscle, and it also is bad for the knees and back (so ive heard)

for me the answer is not to run. but for others running might be ideal. however those who choose to run should choose so understanding they are at their largest physical state they will ever be while running. and those that choose not to run must realize that they will be lacking a certain lust for activity that comes with insane physical fitness.

Running is good if you are wearing the right shoes.  Most people don't really think about shoes all that much and wear shit that doesn't support their feet at all.  Most people are pronators and need shoes that will support this type of gait. 

I also recommend going to a shoe store that will actually measure your feet every time you come into the store.  I was wearing an 11.5 running shoe for years while my true size was an 10.5.

It's all about the shoes, boys.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 07:58:06 PM »
Running is good if you are wearing the right shoes.  Most people don't really think about shoes all that much and wear shit that doesn't support their feet at all.  Most people are pronators and need shoes that will support this type of gait. 

I also recommend going to a shoe store that will actually measure your feet every time you come into the store.  I was wearing an 11.5 running shoe for years while my true size was an 10.5.

It's all about the shoes, boys.
thats why every bodybuilder should wear OTOMIX !

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:06 PM »
True, I do it too. It's very nice in the forest. Only you, some birds and deer.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »
Here are a few shoes that will feel great on 90% of people:

Nike Equalon +2, + 3 (120-140 bucks)

Asics 2130 (85-100)

New Balance 1223, 1224  (120-140)

Check out any of these shoes next time you are at the sporting goods store - more than likely, at least one of them will be a winning ticket.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »
My rule of thumb: Ask yourself, would Candizzle approve?
S

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »
thats why every bodybuilder should wear OTOMIX !

I've thought about getting a pair of Otomix, but I think I'd just feel silly.  

Does anybody wear those that isn't insanely huge and squatting a million pounds?

They don't look all that supportive and certainly aren't versatile.

Running shoes are comfy and can be worn almost all of the time, any where.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »
This thread speaks truth.  Unfortunatly for me I hate, hate, hate running. 
Thanks anyway. ;D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2008, 08:17:53 PM »
w

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
This thread speaks truth.  Unfortunatly for me I hate, hate, hate running. 
Thanks anyway. ;D

Wiggs, you should lean out and start showing off some of that muscle that's hidden.

There's no point in having muscle if you can't show it off.

NOTE TO BBING FANS - If you don't look like a bodybuilder and are a fan of this game, you come across as something entirely different.  Get a good pair of kicks and beat your feet on the street.  There's no reason to be afraid of roadwork. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2008, 08:44:50 PM »
You were probably wearing the wrong shoes.  Check out a shoe store that will check your gait and see what shoe would best support your foot.  I worked at a shoe shore in Brentwood while I was in CA and got the lowdown on all things related to athletic shoes. 

Don't be afraid to drop 100-140 on a good running shoe.

i wore $60 nike maxair shoes

E
E

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »
i wore $60 nike maxair shoes

E

Check out the Equalon - you can land a pair on clearance for 120 at Zappos...a pretty good deal and well worth the money, IMO.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32686147/c/138786.html

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
Check out the Equalon - you can land a pair on clearance for 120 at Zappos...a pretty good deal and well worth the money, IMO.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/32686147/c/138786.html

maybe next summer

the nice weather in the burgh will be hiding for the next 5 - 6 months :-\

E
E

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »
nike turblunece are nice!
w

The Coach

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2008, 09:38:37 PM »
Why are people afraid of Jogging?

Face it people, you are never gonna be a monster unless you take drugs, so settle for an attainable athletic physique and healthy internal organs, running is a vital part of this.

Jogging up to 1 hour without stopping three times per week is very healthy anything over that is overkill. You won't be burning off any muscle if your jogging for an hour unless your body is fueled by drugs.

But within a short amount of time, you stop burning fat and start burning muscle.

Don't be a typical gym rat loser who has to catch his breath after running up a flight of stairs.

Most endurance runners have a hard time running up a big flight of stairs or lets say, running bleachers. Two types of muscle fibers. Ex; Marathon runners can't successfully sprint fast the same way a sprinter can't be a successful endurance runner.

P.S All the perma bulkers will have to go Swimming or on a Bike untill they have their bodyweight down to a level their joints can handle.

io856

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2008, 09:47:16 PM »
All the bodybuilders I know who are also really into running have skinny legs and no glutes. Just an observation...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2008, 02:21:18 AM »
If you arn't competiting and want to look the best you should get into outrigging.

I trained 8 years only in the gym and have now done 5 with both. It shreds you up but keeps the muscle, your metabilism goes crazy and you can each rubbish and burn it off.

Plus your face looks much better as it just strips it down. Anyway enough Jibba Jabba

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2008, 02:34:59 AM »
running is the shit. i just bought a treadmill so i can run in the morning and increase my weight lifting to a hour instead of the 30 mins i was doing before, in the afternoon, when i did weights and cardio at the gym. ;)
A