Author Topic: "If a company is too big to fail, it is too big to exist."  (Read 1296 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
"If a company is too big to fail, it is too big to exist."
« on: October 15, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »
True or False? and why?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: "If a company is too big to fail, it is too big to exist."
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:55:51 AM »
bump, no takers?  It is a good question considering!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:42:31 AM »

If my dick is too big to enter should I not fuck that chick?  :-* ;) ;D :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:47:21 AM »
If my dick is too big to enter should I not fuck that chick?  :-* ;) ;D :P
thanks for the serious answer ::)  What's wrong, you come marching into this forum like an expert, you can't address the question?  come on, I won't come unglued on you.  to me this is a good question considering the times...  it's a hard question and maybe that's why you answered like you did, but let's look past that, give me your serious answer now. please...

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:40:17 AM »
Replace the word "company" with the word "government" and then ask yourself that same questions, and then ask yourself why you believe Sen. Obama is the answer to our situation in America.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 07:43:34 AM »
I don't think in this case it's a matter of these companies being too big to fail, as much as a question of
who which Bush patrons would be adversly affected when they did?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:46:56 AM »
Replace the word "company" with the word "government" and then ask yourself that same questions, and then ask yourself why you believe Sen. Obama is the answer to our situation in America.

The Bush government has failed, ...and should never have existed in the first place.  Only 20 days to victory...
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »

nice spin but we're talking about companies that we're told if they fail, they will bring down the country.  Small government isn't going to change this, infact it could just make it worse.  With government out of the picture, these companies might have been even bigger.  So back to the original question...

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:59 AM »
thanks for the serious answer ::)  What's wrong, you come marching into this forum like an expert, you can't address the question?  come on, I won't come unglued on you.  to me this is a good question considering the times...  it's a hard question and maybe that's why you answered like you did, but let's look past that, give me your serious answer now. please...

A stupid question gets a stupid answer.

Let me explain, lets take Google and Fannie Mae as two companies roughly in the same magnitude of size.

Do you think there will be any intervention if Google falls? I highly doubt it.

But if its a bank, electricity company or anything that is truly important and affect the lives and property of others than its a different story thus its a case by case judgment.

So I get back to my original point and say that your question was stupid.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 08:10:33 AM »
  Only 20 days to victory...

and 21+ days untill we all  learn that making promises and reality arent the same thing.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 08:13:44 AM »
The Bush government has failed, ...and should never have existed in the first place.  Only 20 days to victory...

You have a business huh? If so, how does it feel to get reamed out of 60% of your income?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
A stupid question gets a stupid answer.

Let me explain, lets take Google and Fannie Mae as two companies roughly in the same magnitude of size.

Do you think there will be any intervention if Google falls? I highly doubt it.

But if its a bank, electricity company or anything that is truly important and affect the lives and property of others than its a different story thus its a case by case judgment.

So I get back to my original point and say that your question was stupid.

well, I'm just so sorry I don't have it all figured out like you do ::)

On the case by case, didn't you just say a company can be too big to exist?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 08:32:43 AM »
well, I'm just so sorry I don't have it all figured out like you do ::)

On the case by case, didn't you just say a company can be too big to exist?

Actually not, when I was answering I had in mind the first part "too big to fall", the too big part is a too generalized statement...again.

What is too big? Market capital? Portion of the market it controls?

There were companies that were "too big to exist", they are called monopolies, they are one example.

Again...you try to over simplify something VERY COMPLEX.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »
nice spin but we're talking about companies that we're told if they fail, they will bring down the country.  Small government isn't going to change this, infact it could just make it worse.  With government out of the picture, these companies might have been even bigger.  So back to the original question...
Not small government, but accountability.  John McCain is more apt to call for transparency that Americans are asking for right now with these rogue "fat cat" companies.  Based on his record, Sen. McCain is more likely to go after them than Obama would.  We even saw that last night in the debate.  McCain asked Obama, point-blank, who of the Democratic party has he gone after.  And before he asked the question, McCain rattled off about 6 different issues (all of which we are aware of) and then pointed out that he selected a running mate who had already gone after the big oil company fat-cats.  What did Obama mention?  Some environment bill that no one heard of.  Admit it, Obama was smooth last night as he always is, but he was scrambling big-time.  McCain could have really laid the wood to him (and you know it!), but he didn't.  I've concluded that he's too much of a gentlemen and old-school to play those kinds of politics.  We saw it in the 2000 campaign for the Republican nomination and we're seeing this now.  With Obama, on the other hand, we are seeing how dirty he can play.  Look at what he did when he ran for state senator in Illinois. 

Hugo, do you honestly believe that as deep as Obama is into the back pockets of organizations like Planned Parenthood, ACORN, and other far left-reaching lobbyists companies that he's going to have the moxie to go after the corruption that we see in Washinton and on Wall Street?  Do you REALLY believe this? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:15 AM »
and 21+ days untill we all  learn that making promises and reality arent the same thing.

HAHAHAHAHA

A truer thing has never been said on this forum. Can't wait to see Obama end up like every schmuck politician. He's no different. He just has the retards and the minorities thinking he is.  ::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:13 AM »
I just wonder what will happen when Obama is elected and he cannot carry through with all the new projects and spending he has proposed.  Will he be called on it by fellow democrats?  They will have an unprecidented majority in the house and senate, along with speaker Pelosi and Democratic Pres and VP.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 09:44:12 AM »
I just wonder what will happen when Obama is elected and he cannot carry through with all the new projects and spending he has proposed.  Will he be called on it by fellow democrats?  They will have an unprecidented majority in the house and senate, along with speaker Pelosi and Democratic Pres and VP.

I'm sure that if they did, the blacks would be up in arms screaming racism.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 10:02:16 AM »
Blacks scream racism over anything and everything. It's all they have.

When you are/have nothing, always blame your plight on someone/something other than your own ineptitude.

It's the Democrat way.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »

When you are/have nothing, always blame your plight on someone/something other than your own ineptitude.

It's the Democrat way.
Whoa! Whoa!   :o   Pump the breaks, bro!  :( I can't let you get away with such a broad generalization.  This is only true if you drink the Kool-aid that's offered up by the media factions.  Dig a little deeper and you'll see that the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world do NOT represent the propaganda they spew out. 

There are plenty of blacks like myself who do not believe in the theory of victimization.   

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

It's the Democrat way.

Bullshit.
You obviously don't really know any black people.
It doesn't matter who gets into office, this country will be fucked up for years to come.  No one has a magic wand to make the Bush doctrine disappear within the first or second term.

If Mccain were to get into office, how does anyone think he will handle this economic mess?
Who was the last president Who DID NOT raise taxes once in office?

Obama at least put the tax talk on the table.  I don't agree with taking from the more successful to take care of underachievers, that should be up to each person morally.  With wealth comes responsibility.

Sandra
Sandra
Sandra

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
Bullshit.
You obviously don't really know any black people.
It doesn't matter who gets into office, this country will be fucked up for years to come.  No one has a magic wand to make the Bush doctrine disappear within the first or second term.

If Mccain were to get into office, how does anyone think he will handle this economic mess?
Who was the last president Who DID NOT raise taxes once in office?

Obama at least put the tax talk on the table.  I don't agree with taking from the more successful to take care of underachievers, that should be up to each person morally.  With wealth comes responsibility.

Sandra
Sandra
Sandra

Good post

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
Guys I am not referring to the condoleeza rice and colin powell and thomas sowell and bill cosby types. I am talking about the millions of inner-city types that cry that racism is the reason they are destitute and require unending government handouts.

And yes, I do know black people. One of my better friends is a black doctor, and ya know what? If you wern't looking at the guy you wouldn't know he was black. He doesn't speak in ebonics, doesn't say 'naggar' this and 'bitch' that, doesn't act like welfare in all it's creative forms is his god-given right.

Colossus you seem pretty squared away, but the MAJORITY of blacks that I have encountered in my life are not like you.

Who's got a copy of that Bill Cosby essay.....

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
Whoa! Whoa!   :o   Pump the breaks, bro!  :( I can't let you get away with such a broad generalization.  This is only true if you drink the Kool-aid that's offered up by the media factions.  Dig a little deeper and you'll see that the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world do NOT represent the propaganda they spew out. 

There are plenty of blacks like myself who do not believe in the theory of victimization.   

Unfortunately, there are more than a few of your "bros" who are willing to play the race and victim card every chance they get and do nothing but cast you guys in a bad light. Now don't get me wrong, there are plenty of examples of white trash casting us in a bad light, but the self-deprecating shit is getting old. Black guys coming from middle class backgrounds, born in the 80s (having had to deal with none of the shit in the 50s) and what not really cracks me up.