Author Topic: Hahahah, "lift4size" finally posts his "overhead extensions" clip!!  (Read 5538 times)

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Hahahah, "lift4size" finally posts his "overhead extensions" clip!!
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »
Brutal for 4 reps ::)
I am a big baby

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 12:40:06 PM »
if you tape yourself to disprove someone on this board, then by default your own3d..... in all seriousness, i would have trouble balancing that shit in the first place..
L

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »
Weak shit niggga I do that with 315 and im a freshman.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »
What a fucking tool. ::)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 04:05:13 PM »
Props for trying.

io856

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »
damn he is strong

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
why would you try to do front shoulder presses standing up when it's obviously too heavy for you ???

What are these guyz thinking ?

What muscle were you trying to train anyway ?

My advice is : empty the bar and "feel the burn" for 15 reps

you'll get more out of it....

try dumbell presses ...20-30 lbs

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 04:35:37 PM »
why would you try to do front shoulder presses standing up when it's obviously too heavy for you ???

What are these guyz thinking ?

What muscle were you trying to train anyway ?

My advice is : empty the bar and "feel the burn" for 15 reps

you'll get more out of it....

try dumbell presses ...20-30 lbs
maybe "lift4size" likes elbow surgery, Sev.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »
maybe "lift4size" likes elbow surgery, Sev.

;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »
that's like flicking on a huge lanterna and looking for trouble ...

I thought we bodybuilded ....let's seethe bodies ...noone give a shit what we/you lift

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
He's clearly not lifting for size.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2008, 04:55:27 PM »

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »
Well it seems most people agree that its a difficult lift whether its good form or not. Sorry to disappoint, Dave and "Boost".

As soon as I see a couple of the members on this board do it I will admit its a weak lift and all about ego.

Until then. 8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »
okay look. that's shit form but dude, it's 185 and that's a straight bar. it is IMPOSSIBLE to do 185 the way you'd do 75 just because the weight shifts the balance.

fuck man, i can't do 185 for standing shoulder presses, let alone sloppy form tricep extensions. it's obvious the dude's strong as hell even if there's no reason to be doing that exercise. i WISH i could do 185 extensions with form that bad.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »
problem is that if you were to keep your elbows where everyone says you should..you'd fall the fuck over backwards.  :-\

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
problem is that if you were to keep your elbows where everyone says you should..you'd fall the fuck over backwards.  :-\

exactly, and the best i've ever done on that exercise is 135 (not on a straight bar, EZ bar with 45's and 10s) and the balance is just crazy. there's no way to do it like in FLEX magazine with that kind of weight just from a mechanics perspective.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 01:17:25 PM »
exactly, and the best i've ever done on that exercise is 135 (not on a straight bar, EZ bar with 45's and 10s) and the balance is just crazy. there's no way to do it like in FLEX magazine with that kind of weight just from a mechanics perspective.

Thats what Im sayin. Wicked does them the same way and he's a 400+lb bencher too. Agreed, the form is bad but what can you do when its a straight bar? Seriously?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »
Well it seems most people agree that its a difficult lift whether its good form or not. Sorry to disappoint, Dave and "Boost".

As soon as I see a couple of the members on this board do it I will admit its a weak lift and all about ego.

Until then. 8)
that's exactly the point, no one here is making a claim that stupid because you'd have to be a 600 pound bencher to even come close to having good form on 185-225 pound overhead extensions, you're the one who made the stupid claim and now you're looking like a fool.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 01:30:02 PM »
that's exactly the point, no one here is making a claim that stupid because you'd have to be a 600 pound bencher to even come close to having good form on 185-225 pound overhead extensions, you're the one who made the stupid claim and now you're looking like a fool.

I would feel foolish if everyone else can do it too but otherwise Im good. ;D

Still waiting for your 500x5 squat video, big guy! :D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

You would, but youre a pussy. Your wrists would explode though.

Jason

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »
on man this has to be the funniest thing i've ever seen, no wonder he claims to use 185-225 for these, epic quarter reps on half presses/half extensions. ;D

&eurl=http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=240473.175
hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 02:02:58 PM »
Strong dude,but ridiculously bad form.

Not a triceps extension by any means.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »

if you read lift4's claim to have done 225 standing overhead extensions and thought he meant some kind of FLEX magazine bullshit then the problem is you. as soon as i saw the claim i knew exactly what he was referring to and it's exactly what the video showed. it's the same as when you bitched at wicked for his 545 good morning because you had no idea that a PL-style GM isn't that fitness club bar-on-your-neck crap you see people doing with a 95 pounds.

honestly dude, haven't you claimed to lift around lots of PL'ers? every 450+ bencher and 600+ puller i know does shit with what someone who reads muscle and fitness while sipping a nitro-tech shake would call "bad form", but that's how they got to where they are. while you're off putting two 10's on either side of an EZ-bar so you can have 'good form', someone like lift4 is pushing his bench closer and closer to 500.

or like hoornstra's claim of a 545x4 barbell row. no one in their right fuckin mind thinks he's claiming to do four reps slow and controlled with his upper body parallel to the floor, that's retarded. but the fact is that no matter how much heaving he uses or how "bad" his form is, it's helped him raw bench over 700 pounds. so keep that in mind when you're harping on someone for 'bad form' when they outlift you by 200+ pounds.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
if you read lift4's claim to have done 225 standing overhead extensions and thought he meant some kind of FLEX magazine bullshit then the problem is you. as soon as i saw the claim i knew exactly what he was referring to and it's exactly what the video showed. it's the same as when you bitched at wicked for his 545 good morning because you had no idea that a PL-style GM isn't that fitness club bar-on-your-neck crap you see people doing with a 95 pounds.

honestly dude, haven't you claimed to lift around lots of PL'ers? every 450+ bencher and 600+ puller i know does shit with what someone who reads muscle and fitness while sipping a nitro-tech shake would call "bad form", but that's how they got to where they are. while you're off putting two 10's on either side of an EZ-bar so you can have 'good form', someone like lift4 is pushing his bench closer and closer to 500.

or like hoornstra's claim of a 545x4 barbell row. no one in their right fuckin mind thinks he's claiming to do four reps slow and controlled with his upper body parallel to the floor, that's retarded. but the fact is that no matter how much heaving he uses or how "bad" his form is, it's helped him raw bench over 700 pounds. so keep that in mind when you're harping on someone for 'bad form' when they outlift you by 200+ pounds.
one of the stupidest posts ie ever read in my life.  i expected more from you 'zach'.
if he wants to do shoulder presess or tricep extensions with bad form to help him get stronger, fine.  this is neither of those lifts, its a fucked up attempt at tricep extensions which he's using way too much weight to handle properly with good OR 'bad' form.  the shit he's doing in the vid is ridiculous, plain and simple.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »

hahahaha, ok Mr. 455 deadlift and 405 squat for a single, what a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D