Author Topic: RPG games  (Read 4304 times)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: RPG games
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »
I know this guy who's homeless because of WoW  :-\

where does he plug in his computer? :D
tank u jesus

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
I know this guy who's homeless because of WoW  :-\

Are you serious?

I couldn't allow myself to get wrapped up in something that time consuming.
When Civilization III came out, I once stayed up all night playing it nonstop. I started in the stone age,
and when I quit I had acquired nuclear weapons. To this day, I still feel disgusted with myself for doing that.
Now Blizzard is actually killing people, whilst stealing their money to bote! Lol. Maybe this is a secret weapon to off the Chinese.

Jesus Christ; if these people weren't spending so much time collecting iron ore and blacksmithing weapons in a video game,
maybe they could learn how to do it in real life.

Haha.

Also, I looked at the screenshots for WOW, and the graphics are downright ugly.
Looking on the back of the game box, it's hard to discern what is what.

Oblivion however, is amazing. If you don't have and XBOX360(only 200USD now btw), it's worth buying one just for this game:

Everything on that table can be used. Every book in the background has text.

☠ Order of Nephilim

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »
Addendum:

I think those Minotaurs were modeled after big Ron.  ;D
☠ Order of Nephilim

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
Translation =  I cannot even afford an Atari

hahahahahahaha
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
any guys from the uk here?

theres a game called football manager out. soccer manager game

If you play it, its like being addicted to crack - you cannot stop, and yes i have went for 2 days straight without food playing it.

i have been clean for 2 years now - and i cannot even play it again for fear of the addiction returning.

i couldn't sleep, i couldn't think about anything but tactics, players youth systems, training routines.

horrible horrible experience.

give me halo any day  8)
175lbs by 31st July

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2008, 12:18:04 PM »
Blizzard makes the best and most addictive games, period.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2008, 03:12:33 PM »
more on wow...please.  is it subscription?  how doesn it work?  heard stories about people sitting around on higher levels or something. not really into gaming...because i use the standard 3100 Intel on my desktop and laptop but looking to upgrade around xmas.   
Oh...Monica!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2008, 03:13:59 PM »
any guys from the uk here?

theres a game called football manager out. soccer manager game

If you play it, its like being addicted to crack - you cannot stop, and yes i have went for 2 days straight without food playing it.

i have been clean for 2 years now - and i cannot even play it again for fear of the addiction returning.

i couldn't sleep, i couldn't think about anything but tactics, players youth systems, training routines.

horrible horrible experience.

give me halo any day  8)

no.  but i have winning eleven.  same game, different name?  love the AI.
Oh...Monica!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »
The Difference however, is the time spent was doing something he enjoyed.

that's a very good way of looking at it.

if the world ended tomorrow, they'd be much happier with the time they did doing what they want, than some depreciating paper in a 401k somewhere.

dustin

« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »
awwwesome...i actually just set up a psx emulator(epsxev1.70) and am playing lunar sssc now. it took me a while to figure out. i played lunar 2 when i was like 12 or 13 but i still remember it, one of if not my favorite RPGs,it has a great story/charchture development and music/ending...something that sticks with you unlike so many games these days,it seems like games nowadays focus way too much on graphics, totally agree with u about the older games&nostalgia!
as far as getting a snes controller, well i want to get a contrroller for the psx emulator so i think i will get one that i can use for snes&psx not just a snes controller.
ive never played chrono cross but ive played chrono trigger(awesome game, i actually vaguely remeber playing it when i was younger, but i dont remember ever buying it or playing it which is wierd.)is it any good? ive missed out on alot of old rpgs but ive played most of the best ps2 ones+shenmue1&2 on dreamcast.

Fuck yeah, man. We have the same taste in video games lol... I'm definitely a nerd at heart still. Chrono Cross is a GREAT game. It's much more confusing that Chrono Trigger, but now that you're older you can probably understand and appreciate it a lot more. Whenever I replay games from my childhood I'm like "...ohhhhhhh............. .................." and have sudden epiphanies because I was much too retarded to appreciate things as a child.

Chrono Cross is a good game. Great fighting system and really engaging story line (to say the least). You need to be able to invest time in it so if you're in the Northern hemisphere then you can probably kill a lot of time this winter playing it. You won't have any regrets.

I also remember playing Shenmue on the Dreamcast as well LMAO!!! I still have my DC and Shenmue. I almost thought about busting it out until I got my PSP. I wish the DC got more RPGs though. It was a great system. Sonic Adventure, aside from the gay soundtrack and painful loading times, was a beautiful game. And a launch title at that! Grandia II was an amazing game as well. Plays way better on the DC than the PS2 port also. It's a very linear game, which isn't a problem for me because I don't replay too many RPGs unless they're absolutely epic.

Ahh man... I'm having some crazy video game nostalgia right now. Earthbound is another wicked game I remember. And the Shining Force series lol... I remember talking about it during my senior year of high school and a friend said he used to play it too. We spent the rest of the semester in computer science just playing the series on emulators we downloaded! :D

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »
that's a very good way of looking at it.

if the world ended tomorrow, they'd be much happier with the time they did doing what they want, than some depreciating paper in a 401k somewhere.

Or they'd be depressed because they couldn't change the fact that they spent the last years of their life playing video games.
☠ Order of Nephilim

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »
Or they'd be depressed because they couldn't change the fact that they spent the last years of their life playing video games.

eh, we're on getbig.  we're choosing mental stimulation over nature as well.  They just do it with weird storylines and little troll characters.  Wait, we do that too.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »
eh, we're on getbig.  we're choosing mental stimulation over nature as well.  They just do it with weird storylines and little troll characters.  Wait, we do that too.

:P

☠ Order of Nephilim

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »

no.  but i have winning eleven.  same game, different name?  love the AI.

no different game - thats pro evolution soccer here - also a great game  8)

i still havn't scored a free kick yet though  >:(
175lbs by 31st July