Author Topic: Sex Offenders' Homes to Be Marked With Pumpkin Symbol  (Read 3085 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Sex Offenders' Homes to Be Marked With Pumpkin Symbol
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 07:42:27 PM »
Actually we prefer this...
L

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
Actually we prefer this...

Haha, Yea, I'm sure you do Einstein...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
Oh my god..those men have guns......go screaming into the streets Lib.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »
Get rid of the guns.  Open up the prisons.  Sing Kumbaya.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »

Everything you say is B.S.

I own more guns than you've seen in your life.

You don't know what you're talking about.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »
Dude...I'm in the Army...been in the service for 16 years. I doubt u have. Plus I spent a year counting a mountain full of ex-Soviet hardware...once per week..every week for a year...and I do mean a mountain full, in Bosnia. I've never seen more AK's, Diska's, RPG-7's, pistols, Draganov's, mines, rockets...u name it. Not to mention two tours overseas, there is very little I haven't fired, held or been trained on.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »
how stupid to have the pumpkin as the symbol... I oppose that too, how freaking stupid...  What's wrong with a black and white notice on the door. ::)  oh here, decorate your notice with Halloween symbols ::)  brilliant...

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 11:27:50 PM »
Insults??  What insults?  Quit being a hypocrite.  You've pretty much done nothing but insult HH6.   
Dude I could care less if you don't want to continue the discussion.  

This is not easy to do when facing such intellect as his. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 12:24:47 AM »
how stupid to have the pumpkin as the symbol... I oppose that too, how freaking stupid...  What's wrong with a black and white notice on the door. ::)  oh here, decorate your notice with Halloween symbols ::)  brilliant...

The whole idea is stupid. How about people taking a little responsibility for their kids by trick or treating with them. The idea that you can legislate that people must wear a scarlet letter, turn their lights off and not answer their front door, on Hallowe'en or any other day of the year is beyond retarded.

What's next... demanding that everyone not drive their vehicles on Hallowe'en or on Easter because little kiddies will be out trying to find candy? ...and we all know that if a car hit a kid, s/he would be injured. Who would argue that's the way to keep the kiddies safe?   ::)
w

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2008, 12:38:54 AM »
Dude...I'm in the Army...been in the service for 16 years. I doubt u have. Plus I spent a year counting a mountain full of ex-Soviet hardware...once per week..every week for a year...and I do mean a mountain full, in Bosnia. I've never seen more AK's, Diska's, RPG-7's, pistols, Draganov's, mines, rockets...u name it. Not to mention two tours overseas, there is very little I haven't fired, held or been trained on.

Haha sounds like you got the real important job! 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2008, 01:11:28 AM »
The whole idea is stupid. How about people taking a little responsibility for their kids by trick or treating with them. The idea that you can legislate that people must wear a scarlet letter, turn their lights off and not answer their front door, on Hallowe'en or any other day of the year is beyond retarded.

What's next... demanding that everyone not drive their vehicles on Hallowe'en or on Easter because little kiddies will be out trying to find candy? ...and we all know that if a car hit a kid, s/he would be injured. Who would argue that's the way to keep the kiddies safe?   ::)
I'm just talking from the point of using a halloween symbol as a warning, it's dumb as hell...  Look for the pumpking to not approach?  It's a veiled attack on halloween... These offenders, their life is over anyway... They pretty much have a death sentence.  Might as well kill yourself, posting up a sign on Halloween is the least of their problems...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 02:09:38 AM »
I'm just talking from the point of using a halloween symbol as a warning, it's dumb as hell...  Look for the pumpking to not approach?  It's a veiled attack on halloween... These offenders, their life is over anyway... They pretty much have a death sentence.  Might as well kill yourself, posting up a sign on Halloween is the least of their problems...

Yep, extremely stupid!
w

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 09:40:38 AM »
Good. 

1.  Any reasonable parent wants to know if there is a registered sex offender in their neighbor, particularly on Halloween.

2.  Pedophiles are particularly dangerous, because some believe they cannot be rehabilitated.  Their recidivism rate is astronomical. 

3.  People who commit sex crimes don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, accommodations, etc.  If a person doesn't want to face a lifetime as a registered sex offender, then don't commit a sex crime. 

This is a special class of criminals scumbags. 

great points Beach.

NT

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:09 AM »
Haha sounds like you got the real important job! 

Hahahah ::)...I was counting weapons in support of the ridiculous and worthless UN effort to keep the muslims from getting wiped out. U were in grade school picking ur nose. MM stop debating..ur anti-American CT rants are boring.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2008, 10:47:41 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 11:21:21 AM »
Good. 

1.  Any reasonable parent wants to know if there is a registered sex offender in their neighbor, particularly on Halloween.

2.  Pedophiles are particularly dangerous, because some believe they cannot be rehabilitated.  Their recidivism rate is astronomical. 

3.  People who commit sex crimes don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, accommodations, etc.  If a person doesn't want to face a lifetime as a registered sex offender, then don't commit a sex crime. 

This is a special class of criminals. 

A rare moment we agree.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
They could have found a better symbol....but its a good program.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 11:25:53 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »
They could have found a better symbol....but its a good program.

I am agreeing with you too.

This has to stop, so out of the norm I cannot handle it :-X

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 07:24:34 AM »

What...thats dumb. im a lib and i when i got my new place i purchased a gun before i got a couch

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 07:32:09 AM »
agree with beach but still think using a pumpkin sign is dumb as hell.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »

Lib...I don't have to provide u with numbers..

Because you can't.  There is no evidence to back up those claims you made, which is why you use this cop-out. 

Typical Oreilly stunt pulling #'s out of your ass and thinking you can pass them off as "facts".

FAIL.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »
Hahahah ::)...I was counting weapons in support of the ridiculous and worthless UN effort to keep the muslims from getting wiped out. U were in grade school picking ur nose. MM stop debating..ur anti-American CT rants are boring.

Anti American?

You support a President and party that has wiped their ass with the Constitution every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Isn't that the piece of paper you swore to protect and defend against all enemies? 

Have you ever read it? or did you just jawbone the oath real quick so you can move right onto throwing hand grenades at Muslims?

People such as yourself are MORE dangerous than the enemy because you don't do any thinking for yourself, and as long as there is someone for you to be told to Blame, Hate, and Kill - you will never have an original thought of your own.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 03:46:37 AM »

Anti American?

You support a President and party that has wiped their ass with the Constitution every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Isn't that the piece of paper you swore to protect and defend against all enemies? 

Have you ever read it? or did you just jawbone the oath real quick so you can move right onto throwing hand grenades at Muslims?

People such as yourself are MORE dangerous than the enemy because you don't do any thinking for yourself, and as long as there is someone for you to be told to Blame, Hate, and Kill - you will never have an original thought of your own.

This is so truthful and profound, ...it deserves to be quoted, dittoed, and bumped.   :D

14 days and counting....
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 02:02:52 PM »
Judge Blocks Rules Limiting Sex Offenders on Halloween

By CATRIN EINHORN
Published: October 27, 2008
A federal judge in Missouri on Monday temporarily blocked parts of a new state law that requires sexual offenders to remain in their homes on Halloween evening and to avoid any contact with children related to the holiday.

The judge, Carol E. Jackson, of United States District Court in St. Louis, said the law was unclear, questioning language that prohibits “all Halloween-related contact with children” and allows sexual offenders to leave their homes from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. only if they have “just cause.”

Two issues raised by the case were whether sexual offenders could celebrate the holiday with their own children or grandchildren, for example by hanging decorations or carving pumpkins, and on what grounds they could leave home during the curfew.

The attorney general’s office said it would appeal the order, but declined to comment further.

Chief Judge Jackson allowed two provisions in the law to stand, requiring sexual offenders to post a sign stating “no candy or treats at this residence” and to turn off any porch lights.

Illinois and Louisiana have also passed state laws restricting sexual offenders’ activities on Halloween, and some other states have similar agency regulations or municipal ordinances.

Missouri’s law was enacted as part of broader legislation cracking down on sexual offenders.

“We’re counting it as a victory that kids going trick-or-treating will be a degree safer,” said State Senator John Loudon, a Republican who sponsored the legislation, speaking of Monday’s ruling. “And then we’ll have to go back to the drawing board depending on court action.”

The ruling came after four anonymous convicted sexual offenders sued this month, represented by the American Civil Liberties Union of Eastern Missouri. They say the law is not only vague but also unfair and unconstitutional, an argument their lawyer vowed to keep pushing. “Once people have completed their sentences,” said the lawyer, Anthony E. Rothert, “you can’t go back and punish them for the same crime.”

Detective Gary Coxen of the St. Louis County Police Department had planned to knock on doors to ensure the sexual offenders were home, but he worried they would ignore him, mistaking him for children trick-or-treating. After the ruling, he said his job would be easier; he would simply go to each house to ensure that a sign was posted and the porch lights were off. “It takes the guesswork out,” he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/28/us/28halloween.html